Has anyone else experienced a drastic drop in hub views recently?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Mekenzie profile image76
    Mekenzieposted 10 years ago

Has anyone else experienced a drastic drop in hub views recently?

I've read similar posts in the past but no one seemed to have a good answer.  My traffic has dropped drastically .. like about two thirds less views in the last few weeks .. I've kept my hubs updated and met all the requirements yet out of the blue ... it drops.  I don't get why that happens.  Anyone have a clue?

2. Faith Reaper profile image82
    Faith Reaperposted 10 years ago

Hi Mekenzie,

No, I have not noticed a drop in mine; however, I have been publishing a lot more lately too.  I notice when I do not publish, then the traffic slows down quite a bit.  However, I do not know of the technical answer to the question.

3. Mekenzie profile image76
    Mekenzieposted 10 years ago

I don't know the technical answer either Faith. I have 2 hubs that have been scoring close to 200 visits per day.  All of a sudden they are down to the forty's and fifty's. These are older hubs which have always been popular.  Don't get how the visits rise and fall so quickly and so drastically

1. Faith Reaper profile image82
      Faith Reaperposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That is a drastic drop.  Maybe a lot of people were on vacation last week, with it being the Memorial Day holiday weekend ?

4. SoundNFury profile image81
    SoundNFuryposted 10 years ago

I had noticed a significant drop since Mother's Day.  All of a sudden it was like WHAM!  Dipped very fast, cut by more than half what it was.  This week has started to look promising though, so I'm going to try and stay positive.

Mekenzieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Just doesn't make sense to me .. The writing is quality and it is kept up to date so why does traffic suddenly drop.  Hmmmm

5. Georgie Lowery profile image91
    Georgie Loweryposted 10 years ago

The current trend I'm seeing with my numbers happened I guess about a month ago. I've lost about two-thirds of my traffic. I looked into it when it first happened and saw that there was the possiblity of a Google tweak, but I didn't follow up with it to find out if that's what happened. (Either Penguin or Panda.) I do think that this is a large part of why HubPages is making so many changes right now, to spare us if this should happen again.

Pretty much the exact same thing happened the end of September last year and it took several weeks for my numbers to recover.

You too Georgie?  I wish I understood HOW to follow up on technical issues like this ... I'm a writer not a google geru.

2. Georgie Lowery profile image91
      Georgie Loweryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Usually, I'll go back and look for confirmation that it was an update and see what changes they'll admit to then see if I can make changes to suit that. It's been a busy couple of months, though.

How do you go back and look Georgie?

4. Georgie Lowery profile image91
      Georgie Loweryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Most of the time, more tech savvy Hubbers than I will post info on them in the forums here on HP. You can actually Google "confirmed" updates (Penguin or Panda) Sometimes they're not official updates and it's harder to tell what has happened.

5. Mekenzie profile image76

Thank you Georgie - I'll look into it  when I am done writing today.

6. Carola Finch profile image92
    Carola Finchposted 10 years ago

I have been here only two months, but yes, I have noticed a drastic drop in traffic despite having published some new hubs where the traffic initially looked promising.  Oh, well, will keep at it and hope to get my first payout soon.

I keep at it too Carola since I've been here for 3 years and I LOVE how hubpages works overall.  the encouragement from community and help from the HP staff is the BEST.

7. djdaniel150 profile image61
    djdaniel150posted 10 years ago

I leave this site for 4 months, come back, and its a broken record playing over and over again. Quit relying on hubpages to make money. People have been making this statement since day one, I guess no one is learning. How much does the highest paid person make on this site? Maybe $300.00 a month max. Is that worth it to you? Not to me.

dj,  have you found a site that equals HP's community support or template and site options yet pays better?   Do share please.  smile

2. djdaniel150 profile image61
      djdaniel150posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I have, they are my own sites! I dont need community support for my own websites, I know how to manage them, I create my own site options, and Im not publishing content to the same domain as 1 million other people.

dj,  thanks, I have websites from blogger & wordpress too.  Just now learning to join communities in google+  Also developed a fb page to host my various writings on my sites plus I feature other authors I respect.  Traffic increasing huge but no

4. djdaniel150 profile image61
      djdaniel150posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sounds to me like you have the right idea Mekenzie! Google+ is actually the driving force behind my websites, and it could very well likely be thr driving force behind yours as well.

5. Mekenzie profile image76

Thanks for the affirmation dj,  I  am beginning to see results.   smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)