Am I incorrect in my thinking on this . . .?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 10 years ago

Am I incorrect in my thinking on this . . .?

Since they did away with "idle" hubs, but just have the "unfeatured" hubs due to not good quality, does that mean once we have improved the quality of the hub and it is featured again, will it remain featured forever now?  I had two poems go unfeatured, so I updated them and they are now featured.  So, now all hubs are featured, so does that mean once that happens, we can just go forward with new hubs, making sure they meet all the criteria, and no longer have to worry about any older hubs being unfeatured ever again?

2. John MacNab profile image77
    John MacNabposted 10 years ago

I don't think it will be that simple, Faith Reaper.   I assume that once we have brought the 'unfeatured' hubs up to standard, they will remain featured until they need to be brought up to a new standard.    Three of my 'unfeatured' hubs were  brought up to standard months and months ago, and now they are 'unfeatured' again.  The cycle of life and the cycle of Hub pages.  Good luck Faith Reaper.

Faith Reaperposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi John, yes, you are probably right about that, but I was thinking since this extra new stuff, maybe that would be it smile  I appreciate the answer.

3. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 10 years ago

From what I have seen it seems if a hub just sits with no visits, etc it will be unfeatured or idle really so I guess we need to plug idle ones like sending out to twitter or Fb, etc to encourage reads. Maybe change a photo or something to make it more interesting? I hope you get more answers to be sure!

Hi Jackie, thanks for the answer.  Yes, been dong that, but I thought the "idle" is no longer, but they just unfeature it, and once it was featured again, that would be it, but most likely not!  LOL  Oh, well.

4. Ronilo Blanca profile image61
    Ronilo Blancaposted 10 years ago

Just keep writing other interesting faith.don't focus on 1 hub. More new hubs you get more traffic. and the more change your hubs be featured forever..

Thanks Ronilo, Yes, hopefully all of mine will stay featured as they are now, and all I have to do is focus on the new ones to make sure they are up to par.

5. cleaner3 profile image69
    cleaner3posted 10 years ago

You just keep on producing those great hubs of yours and don't worry about your other hubs .. you are the best... believe it .. love and hugs .. Faith
    Michael

Hi Michael (cleaner), thank you so much for the lovely answer.  All my hubs are featured, but I was just wondering about now that they are, will they remain.  You are so kind to me.  Hugs.

6. kj force profile image60
    kj forceposted 10 years ago

Faith Reaper....Been here  on HP only 2 years...and already many of my hubs which were published have been recently unfeatured , unpublished and not meeting up to HP standards....and I am having to go back and research if any new hubs have been written by others I follow...I did not join HP to make $..I joined to meet people and exchange thoughts/ideas/share and just have fun... like everything else things change ....I revamped a few of the hubs, but they also disappeared after a while....moving on...have a great summer...

Hi kj, thanks for answering.  I understand completely.  All of my hubs are featured, as I only had two poem go unfeatured, and so I updated them.  I just wanted to know now that all hubs are featured, will they remain and we can just move forward?

7. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 10 years ago

I have not been on in a while so not sure of all of this, however I agree with Mike, just keep writing great hubs

Have a great day
    Laurie

Hi Rayne, thanks so much.  Yes, just trying to figure things out.  I do hope once they are updated and featured, they stay featured as they are "good quality"!  Have a lovely day.

8. d.william profile image74
    d.williamposted 10 years ago

John MacNab has given you the correct answer to your question.  If you explore the rules and regulations required to attain a "featured" hub, you will see that this site is constantly updating and upgrading and hubs will float from one rating to another.
    When they are unpublished usually updating them to make them current,  pertinent,  clear in content, grammar and spelling are correct; and making sure that the title matches the classification will help keep them featured.

Hello d.william, yes, I believe you are right and thanks for your added thoughts here too.  That is a good reminder to go back and make sure about the classification.  I appreciate you answering the question.

9. AUPADHYAY profile image58
    AUPADHYAYposted 10 years ago

I think, we must be far from the result of featured and unfeatured hubs. The perfectness in a single attempt is never found in any of the act. Practice makes the person perfect. Doing correction for better to the hubs is a good attempt. Do your best and leave the rest on viewers.

Hi AUPADHYAY, thanks for answering.  Well, there is no perfect on this planet smile or perfection is not found anywhere, but just from one's perspective.  All my hubs are featured at the moment, but I am sure, they the standards will continue to change.

10. suzettenaples profile image87
    suzettenaplesposted 10 years ago

Faith:  The way HP changes procedures all the time, I don't think anyone can predict what will definitely happen.  I have updated my hubs for the second time now.  All are featured except a book series on my profile page.  I would think they would be good to go forever, but I think not.  Eventually, HP will probably come up with new procedures or raise the bar yet again.  That is my opinion.  Good Luck!

Hi suzette,  thanks for answering and you have stated a lot of good points there to ponder.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)