Why do some professed Christians have hatred for people of other races?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)
  1. dianetrotter profile image61
    dianetrotterposted 10 years ago

Why do  some professed Christians have hatred for people of other races?

Revelation 7:9
    After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands,  there is only one heaven.

2. Jay Max Juster profile image60
    Jay Max Justerposted 10 years ago

Why did the Crusades occur?

How about the Spanish Inquisition?

Why did Puritans hunt witches in Salem?

The fundamental answer is confusion based on misinterpretation.

dianetrotterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good questions and conclusion!  Thank you Jay!

3. cynthiaalburo0322 profile image56
    cynthiaalburo0322posted 10 years ago

Changes starts from with-in we are like a silkworm who struggles to takes off it's cocoon and become a new being or be like others who believe but still follow their OWN instinct, they take off their skin, but they still remain snakes For it is written; " Many are Christians by name but not of works."

Amen Cynthia!

4. profile image52
    graceinusposted 10 years ago

Those who profess to be christians and have a hatred for races of people are not  true christians. True christians can be found throughout in ALL tribes, peoples and languages. And as you so clearly quoted in Rev 7: 9.... leaves no doubt.

Great question dianetotter and God bless.

God bless you graceinus!  Long time no communication.  I have been really busy in spiritual warfare.  Good to see your post!

2. profile image52
      graceinusposted 10 years agoin reply to this

And you're doing a great job of it. Keep it up.

5. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 10 years ago

That's a good question. The race thing has been such an issue in my life lately. I cant seem to escape it. Funny thing is the second somebody brings it up, I explain my feelings on it, and people agree. Literally the next 10 minutes they say some ignorant racist remark. By the way this is the way i see race. it only describes the piece of dirt over an imaginary line where the immediate ancestry of a person was located. It has nothing to do with how a person behaves or thinks. I feel like I'm truly the only person that feels this way.

You are so correct Christian.  It's like before coming to Christ, we don't know we need a Savior.

2. Eunice Stuhlhofer profile image59
      Eunice Stuhlhoferposted 10 years agoin reply to this

"Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen." 1 John 4:20
      God have mercy!

6. celafoe profile image53
    celafoeposted 10 years ago

Matt 5:22   But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment.
    Mark 3:35   For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother."
    There are many that profess to be Christians that have no idea what a Christian really is.    There are many churches , many represented on here, that do not teach the truths of scripture and do not believe in the biblical requirements to be a Christian.    Many do not believe in baptism, some believe everyone is going to Heaven, some teach all you have to do is believe that Jesus is the CHrist and you have eternal salvation and so on.
    Many teach "repeat this prayer after me and you have eternal salvation."   All these false teachers have done a dis-service to people. 
    Most of these are just looking for fire insurance and expect someone else to do their study etc.
    If a person is truly born again they will have a desire to read their bible, to know and understand the character and nature of God (CHrist).
    So the answer is they are not really Christians, they just "think" or have been "told" they are .
    The fruit of Christianity is how we treat our brothers (and sisters) no matter the color of their container

Celafoe, I must agree with you.  I know we are not suppose to judge others.  We are suppose to a) look at the fruit they bear and b)  if there is no conviction of the Holy Spirit there is a real problem.  Thank you for you comments.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)