Are sexless marriages considered a sin & do factors matter?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)
  1. strkngfang profile image81
    strkngfangposted 10 years ago

Are sexless marriages considered a sin & do factors matter?

Most agree that sex outside of marriage is wrong, but what about the opposite, no sex inside of a marriage?

2. lupine profile image66
    lupineposted 10 years ago

It depends on the reasons for this type of marriage. Is it because of health reasons, or a marriage of convenience? I don't consider it a sin, but if there's no sex, the marriage has not been consummated.

strkngfangposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Most don't start out this way, so I'm sure in the beginning they were consummated. Desire, sex drive diminishes if the couple begin to grow apart. The majority aren't done maliciously.

2. lupine profile image66
      lupineposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If it didn't start out this way, and diminished with time... it could be considered normal. The desire may not be there due to many factors, but if there is still love in a respectable marriage, it can happen again. "It takes two"...

3. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 10 years ago

I been here and being married and lonely and sexually frustrated  is insane. I still love my wife at that time but she did not feel the same until now nine years later but she still haven't fix her selfishness and as I move on but still love her and a child, thing change and unless the person have some type of life mental problem. if there no intimacy in the marriage than it outside with someone else

1. lupine profile image66
      lupineposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ideally, a sexual relationship would be with your wife. If it's been years and years...you still love her, and your child, and nothing...then I guess she knows you have to find it elsewhere.

4. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 10 years ago

There are very few excuses for a sexless marriage. It is also very rare that both parties become suddenly not interested in sex. It happens for many reasons, but really the whole problem is communication. Sex should be discussed often. Expectations, needs, wants, requirements all need to be discussed. Even someone who has suddenly lost the ability to move half of their body has the ability to sexually satisfy their partner if they really want to. Denying sex because you aren't able or willing to communicate is the equivalent of going outside the marriage for sex in my opinion.

1. lostdogrwd profile image60
      lostdogrwdposted 10 years agoin reply to this

like your word, but I see many people have been down this road and I do pray that communication will help fro relationship with someone you love is better than mindless I'm get her sex for that kind just don't satisfy you for long .

5. dashingscorpio profile image79
    dashingscorpioposted 10 years ago

It's highly doubtful anyone would say NOT having sex is a "sin".
    The bottom line is whatever takes place or does not take place in a marriage is completely acceptable as long as BOTH people are happy with it.
    Naturally if one person is suffering in silence that is not to be mistaken for being "happy". However each of us entitled to have our own "deal breakers". Personally speaking I would file for divorce and find a mate who is much more sexually compatible.

6. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 10 years ago

I'd say it's not a sin, but it is darn frustrating for the partner who DOES want sex. Unfortunately, it seems to be a fairly common issue at some point in most marriages, yet it's not talked about. I've tried looking online for resources on the subject, and it's mostly sites of people in sexless marriages looking to "satisfy themselves" with other people. Of course, sex outside of marriage even in this case is something I'd personally still consider immoral.

That all said, I'm still deciding how I feel about a partner who doesn't participate in sex. In my own case, my husband cites feeling too tired and drug-out because of the kids, and therefore doesn't even put out the effort. Understandably (I think), I spent months trying to figure out what's wrong with me and how I could get his attention. He promises that "eventually," when the kids get older, he will have more energy and effort to give in this regard. Though I know he has a lot going on in his mind, I still can't reconcile that with completely shutting out sexual intimacy of any kind. I'd say it's at least important to talk about it, because it is very damaging to the self-esteem and confidence of the shut-out partner. I don't consider it a sin, but it's terrible on the marriage if both people aren't on board with it.

strkngfangposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I believe if a couple can go long periods of time without sex, for whatever reason, they aren't very close.  Intimacy should be something you want & not something you "pencil" in when you have time or energy. If you don't "want" it something is w

2. wychic profile image84
      wychicposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'd even settle for penciling in smile. It'd be easy to dismiss the marriage if it were that lacking in everything, but sex is really the only thing that isn't there. We talk all the time, snuggle, etc. Harder to reconcile that way, unfortunately.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)