What is your average monthly earning at HubPages?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (28 posts)
  1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 10 years ago

What is your average monthly earning at HubPages?

2. Marie Flint profile image74
    Marie Flintposted 10 years ago

For 15 paid months, I have an average of 45 cents per month. Since beginning to write at Hub Pages, I have deleted 12 hubs, but have set a goal of 50 by the first of the year. I had a late start (about two months) with adding earning program settings, too, but now I'm active will all, including Google Analytics. My social networks include Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. I can't handle much more than that for the present time. I do use text links when I feel it is helpful to the reader.

It's a good question; I hope writers don't feel discouraged by the answers, though. Patience and persistence!

ChitrangadaSharanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Marie Flint, for answering!
      I liked the last line of your answer. One should not feel discouraged at all. It is a writing platform to polish our writing skills, share our knowledge n  accept gracefully the little money we make in the process.

3. myefforts profile image50
    myeffortsposted 10 years ago

It is about 6 dollars per month at the moment, with 17 hubs and 7 months here. I think it is good and is getting even better. what about you ChitrangadaSharan? you didn't mention your own average.

Regarding myself--Although I am a member since 19 months, my Adsense got approved in June, 2013. and the earnings started from July. So, for 5 months, the average is around $ 5 per month, about which I am satisfied.
      You are doing pretty well. Thanks

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 10 years ago

I average to receive payout every month. No, I will not get rich, but I thank God for the extra income.

Wow! A payout every month is too good. Yes we must thank God for every penny earned. And thank you for answering the question!

5. suzzycue profile image87
    suzzycueposted 10 years ago

The last 2 months I have gotten $8.OO and I have been here for 2 years.

Thanks suzzycue, for your answer! $ 8 sounds good enough. Great going, keep it up.

6. Diana Lee profile image77
    Diana Leeposted 10 years ago

This month is over $6, but that's double what I usually have. It's a good thing I'm not in it for the money.

Thanks Diana Lee, for taking interest in the question!
      Over $ 6 is good enough. Keep it up and like you I am also here to enjoy writing and I am happy with whatever amount I earn.
      Thanks!

7. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

After 14 months at HP, I have not yet reached a plateau where I can state an average amount each month. I've only received payout twice. What is hopeful is that the amount has increased gradually, especially over the last 6 months, where I look forward to my third payout in December. I surpassed a goal this month by earning over $20. I hope it stays there for a good while so I will get payout at least every 2 to 3 months or so.

That sounds really good. You are going great. I wish your earnings to  improve and further  improve in future. Thanks for your response to the question!

8. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image60
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 10 years ago

Earning some money is a great concern for everyone. I got my Adsense approved towards the end of last March, that is approximately during the period of my 1st anniversary here.  Now the revenue, after publishing 89 hubs during a span of 20 months, has started flowing and the average pay out is nearly 20 to 22 $ a month. Meantime my traffic also passed the milestone of 100,000. Since eBay has stopped giving money, it has reflected in my earnings.  I get nothing from Amazon and I didn't even add that capsule on my hubs.  Dear, I would like to hear how much you earn from HP.  Since you raised the question, I hope it would be fine and  welcome you reveal your average monthly income.

Thanks for answering!
      You are doing pretty good. Like you my Adsense approval was  delayed for more than 14 months, for reasons best known to Google.I have an average earning of $ 5/month for 5 months with 42 featured hubs n activity of 2 hrs./day.

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image60
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Chitra for the compliments. I hope your earnings will improve  as time and no. of hubs increase. Keep on writing dear.

9. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

i earn USD$10-USD$13 per month. This month i had reach USD$14.39, very happy because Bubblews.com helped to bring in more views. I write short articles at Bubblews and attach a link to HP

Thanks peachpurple, for responding to the question!
      Its good to know that you are doing so well at HP and Bubblews has helped you with more views.
      May be I will join that, when I can devote more time to Online writing.
      Thanks!

10. Imogen French profile image84
    Imogen Frenchposted 10 years ago

I am quite heartened by everyone's honesty here, and glad to know we are all in the same area. After about a year my earnings had built up to around $10 per month, but then things dropped sharply, which I found very discouraging, so I have reduced my activity on the site. Now I am lucky to come away with $3 per month from about 70 hubs. I suppose it would be a bit more if I picked up the pace a bit. Thanks for asking the question CS.

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image60

Honesty pays!  So glad to note your comments. As you said everyone has given a frank reply to the query on earnings.  Hope and pray all learn and earn well through HP.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90

Thanks Imogen French for your response to the question!
      You are right, there was a bit of struggle and disappointment some time back, but this is part of life. Things are improving and I wish it improves further. All the best to all of us!

11. MG Singh profile image75
    MG Singhposted 10 years ago

Frankly I must be the odd writer out. I have over 200 featured hubs and many editors choice. But earning? Just about $ 5/6 a month

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image60

Unbelievable that in spite of this much featured hubs and some of them even editors choice, you score only a few from HP. Did you place eBay ads on your hubs? Please check up where you go wrong.

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90

Thanks MG Singh, for answering the question!
      Perhaps you should check up what' s wrong, to increase your earnings.
      All the best!

12. Peter Dimaira profile image57
    Peter Dimairaposted 10 years ago

Your best bet is to promote and look for other chances to make money else where as well. I just started I have 3 featured hubs and made 45 cents in last 5-7 days. Its pretty easy just have everything integrated into one promotional event for example post to Google Plus Facebook Twitter etc. I may write something on this, but I don't want to upset the devs

Thanks Peter Dimaira, for your response to the question!
      You are right, promotion is an important factor and I am not too good at it. Thanks and happy hubbing!

13. shahkar-khan profile image57
    shahkar-khanposted 10 years ago

I joined hubpages just for fun. But i am using Adsense for 5 years now. I am making around 500$ (avg) per month from Adsense. I used to make much more (when i used "Adsense for Domain" and i tend to click my own ads by using a software called "AutoHide IP"). But those were the golden days when nobody knew about Adsense. Now Adsense for Domain has been discontinued by Google because they could not maintain a proper check over parked domains.
    Now i make around 500$ from Adsense for Content. My highest click was around 4 $. And i use only blogspot.com sites for my content. I dont even use a proper .com site

Hmmm! It seems you have earned a lot from Adsense and you know  exactly how to do it. Wish you for more and thanks for answering!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)