DO YOU BELIEVE IN PERSONAL PROPHECY?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (30 posts)
  1. profile image52
    novelist1000posted 14 years ago

Does anyone believe in personal prophecy? I received one in June 2008, and I have noticed that some of the things are beginning to happen. I shared my prophecy with a gentleman recently who said it was inspired by the Holy Spirit. What was written is also supported by Scriptures that the LORD gave me repeatedly.
    I would like to get some insights about this prophecy if anyone cares to share.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do expand on this.I believe everything has been written or has been destined and sciences like Astrology are very true. smile

1. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend mohitmisra

I don't understand you. How could be Astrology true? What is its basis? Who started it?

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

2. Vladimir Uhri profile image60
      Vladimir Uhriposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is such of New Testament prophecy. The purpose of prophecy is not needed for future telling, since we already know the scripture and what to expect. The NT prophecy is to build believers, which is the Church (body of believers). As mentioned above it must be in line of Word of God.

3. Lady_E profile image62
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe it as long as what is being said is in line with the Word.

4. profile image52
      novelist1000posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here is the prophecy:

What I see is that God is going to open a door for you to open a door for you to get help to get these books that I see published. I heard the LORD say that you cannot do this one alone. You will need some who can help you get this done because I see many books even series of books, not just a few off one publication. [Acts 10, I Kings 17:7-24, 2 Kings 4:1-7, 2 Kings 4:8-36]
      I also see you writing some type of newspaper articles where you will talk about the issues that the world is reluctant to talk about. [Habakkuk 2:2-3, Habakkuk 1:5]
      The LORD says you are to raise a standard through the writing that He's called you to. [Ezekiel 3:4, Jeremiah 1:9-10, Jeremiah 2:2-37, Jeremiah 4:1-2]
      God is going to release a new prophetic anointing for writing that few have ever seen before. You will write prophetically about things to come about everyday life. You will be used for a prophetic end time movement in the area of writing. [Ezekiel 2:4-8; Ezekiel 3:4; Ezekiel 3-39; Isaiah 6:1-13; Jeremiah 1-30]
      A lot of what you will write about you have also lived and experienced. Through your suffering you will impart hope to a lost and dying world. [Job]

5. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I think it happens. Although, I'm hesitant to call it "prophecy." I think it's natural for most any human to suddenly, inexplicably have "insights" to his/her life. I don't know why it happens, but it usually happens when we don't expect it. A bolt out of the blue, so to speak. I have had a few experiences in this regard myself. However, that being said, and not trying to minimize neither my experiences or anyone else's, I do think we have this ability within us. I think it's given as a gift, a sort of compass because we have a sense of where we need to go, and we start going that direction. In the process, I think the path "opens" to us and we get a glimpse here and there of what's ahead. We attract it, and it comes.

I'm not sure about this, mind you, but it's about the only explanation I can give it.

1. profile image52
        novelist1000posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! This prophecy was given to me by soomeone who gives personal prophecies

2. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i agree with this a little bit. i don't think God would give everyone the gift of prophecy, and there is a difference between being prophetic and being, say, psychic or intuitive. i also think that coincidences play a big part in things and some are kind of interesting. i added a friend on facebook who i hadn't seen in years and he said hey i was just thinking about you the other day. i didn't think much about it but i added another friend a week later and she goes hey girl i was thinking about you the other day. then i thought whoa...

6. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
      LeslieAdrienneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but, you shouldn't even concern yourself with it. If what was spoken is from God then it will surely come to pass. (Without your help), and If the person was just talking out of his or her "flesh" you really don't need to concern yourself.

The best place to get your information from is the Bible. Get your Bible and do a scripture search on prophecy. I think you will be put at ease....

7. profile image0
      netha27posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes  i  believe  in  prophecy  and  if  its  from  god  it  will  come  to  pass  if  u  believe  in  god  well   but  god  does  say  watch  out  for  the  fake ones  they  come  looking  all  godd  but  there  not  sent  from  god  smile

8. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Novelist, I would not call them prophecy but rather revealing or revelation. The Testimony of Y`shua is the spirit of prophecy. It should not be based on textual references but rather the Spirit manifesting that testimony is you -revelation understanding/visible Grace. If the Spirit is moving you and you are acting/walking with Him in faith, then by all means celebrate it. -James.

edit: no scripture of of personal interpretation, but the public awareness of all for edification and unity among the fellowship.

9. HIShubs profile image59
      HIShubsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Personal prophecies are clearly there in the bible. The question is where the source of the prophecy originates. Prophecies should be received from people who live the genuine Jesus LIFE and character through His Word.

2. profile image48
    blessing2006posted 14 years ago

what was the prophecy?

3. profile image48
    blessing2006posted 14 years ago

what was the prophecy?

4. Cari Jean profile image88
    Cari Jeanposted 14 years ago

It has been my experience that you have to be very discerning regarding who is the one giving the personal prohpecy. When a person has a prophetic word, they are usually getting it from the Holy Spirit. Sometimes, however, the person giving the prophecy may be doing so for their own personal agenda.

I have been given prophecies that have come to be true and I know of one prophecy in particular where the person doing the prophesying was dead wrong. When you receive a prophesy you have to really seek the Lord. False prophecies can be very damaging but true prophecies are truly amazing and you know the Lord is working through the person who gave you that prophesy.

5. Sanctus Vesania profile image60
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

I parrot, what was the prophecy?  Also, you need to be careful.

I've had a dream where the grocery stores here were very devoid of food; empty shelves, and everything.

Famine.

1. Janais5 profile image60
      Janais5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I believe that's correct!!!  Just by my own personal dreams.  If I didn't get my dreams right the Holy Spirit makes SURE, I understand His intentions! 

I had a grocery store dream once too!  Similar indications! Just crowded...
      Janais5

6. Sanctus Vesania profile image60
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

I think that this song is actually appropriate for the topic at hand here. 

We'll have a sermon and a wonderful recital,
    but before we go on there's something I must mention
    An important message I must bring to your attention
    I was in meditation and prayer last night
    I was awakened by a shining bright light
    overhead a glorious spirit,
    He gave me a message and you all need to hear it
    "Send me your money,"
    That's what he said he said to "send me your money"
    - Suicidal Tendencies - Send Me Your Money

I just love satirical lyrics. big_smile

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So do I the truth is often not far away! smile

7. Davinagirl3 profile image61
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I don't know about "prophecy" but yesterday I kept having flashes of my father in the hospital.  Almost like a daydream.  This morning, I was awakened by my brother calling me to tell me my mom had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance.  She is fine, but as soon as he said she was in the hospital, I thought about the visions of yesterday.  FYI, my mother had an anxiety attack at work and fainted.  She has heart trouble so they had to take her to make sure she wasn't having a heart attack.

8. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

my answer ....  absolutely

9. NGRIA Bassett profile image59
    NGRIA Bassettposted 14 years ago

Thanks for sharing your Prophetic Word with us.
    I absolutely believe in the Pophetic. The entire life of Yeshua Jesus Christ was prophetic and the Holy Spirit is prophetic.
    One has to be careful though about self serving "prophets" using the gift of God for gain. There are those who prophesy just as an ordinary BELIEVER AND THOSE WHO WALK IN THE OFFICE OF THE PHROPHET.
    I can see that your prophetic word has been activted already through your hubs. I pray that it will continue to manifest in ways greater than you can imagine.
    There are many websites that will give greater understanding of the prophetic like:
    propheticwind.ning.com and others.
    God's blessings and shalom as you walk in your purpose.

10. Janais5 profile image60
    Janais5posted 14 years ago

Absolutely!  Don't forget to get in touch with your FEELINGS and to remember what you are feeling in the dream!
    J.

11. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

i don't actually believe the holy spirit sends prophecy to people.... it is just my opinion that god is not using that way of communicating at the moment, although according to the bible he has in the past...

i believe we can kinda write our own prophesy about our selves, as what we keep telling ourselves we are....... we actually can become..... positive thinking and all that...

i believe if you are really close to someone,  you can get feelings that something is wrong as Davinagirl3 did, that happens to me a lot..... i don't necessarily think it is divine messages, but who am i to say.....

12. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

No.

13. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I understood the question to be personal prophesy.
    Prophesy concerning personal things ?

I have had dreams that the next day it was fulfilled.
    these were about personal and health issues.

I think that many dreams are the subconscious mind playing out potential future realities for itself. You subconsciously choose which one to work towards. Thus it may seem to be prophetic.

Thee are many kinds of dreams

14. msann1949 profile image60
    msann1949posted 13 years ago

A prophet is known if his/her prohecies come true. There will not be half of it right and some of it wrong. Is this the area of what you are doing in life or is this a dream that you want to do?

15. 2besure profile image81
    2besureposted 13 years ago

Prophetic ministry and personal prophecy is very real and scriptural. 1 Corinthians 12:1-11.  A prophetic Word should be the confirmation of what God has told you or a desire God has already given you.  There are times when a prophetic Word is given and you do not understand it. 

This does not necessarily mean the Word was not from the Lord, but means it is yet for an appointed time.  Put those this type of Prophetic Word on hold, write it down and refer to it from time to time.  God's timing is not like our timing.  Some prophecies take years before them come to pass.

http://concerningspiritualgifts.blogspot.com/
    http://concerningspiritualgifts.blogspo … phect.html

1. profile image57
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

one night i had a dream, was not really a dream because it was just words, it was " two years dale, dale two years" i had no idea what it meant, but i knew something was going to happen in two years. that was about 15 years ago, after the two years was up i could look back and it all made sence, i was in church one night, the preacher was doing he's thing, and he stoped called me up and told me he was to pray for me, he did not know what for but he was to pray for me, i am a vietnam vet, and about an hour after leaving nam i started having attacks, spells, the dr.s did not know what to call them other than delayed stress syndrome, i would have 20 to 30 of these in a 24 hour period, any way i was having them that day i did not have any at church tho, told the preacher about that, he prayed and i did not have any for about 8 months, and i have allways had them about every 2 or 3 months, anyway i only had one, then about 4 months later i had 3 , a liittle while later i had the dream, 2 years dale, dale 2 years, then they started coming back like they allways have since vietnam, my next door neighbor was allso a co-worker, i told him about it, i told a lot of people. two years later after going to bed and falling to sleep, i woke up with a man sitting on top of me and the room was full of people, even a cop, i had no idea how that could have happened, any way because of that night i ended up on medication that controlls the attacks, this allso got me a check from the gov't. every month. the next door neighbor came over to tell me that tish was the two years, which i had forgotten

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)