Have you experienced the presence of a loved one after their passing?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)
  1. craiglyn profile image53
    craiglynposted 10 years ago

Have you experienced the presence of a loved one after their passing?

Experiencing the presence of a loved one after passing can be from feeling energy around you, noticing things not in their right position, songs with a meaning that seem to come to you right when you need it,  orbs in your photos, lights that turn on or off by themselves - or other electronic equipment - an overwhelming feeling of calm and peace.

2. JesadaB profile image66
    JesadaBposted 10 years ago

Oh yes quite a few times, my favorite would have to be when my stepdad passed and we kept getting phone calls, no one was ever there. This kept up steadily for about 2 weeks after he passed on, and the only reason we suspected it was him was because the quality of the "dead air" felt nothing like a "normal" call. You could feel his energy coming thru, I assumed it was his way of letting us know that he was okay.
    Great question!

craiglynposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I have heard many people talk about receiving that phone call, both on land lines and cell phones - and the dead air.  I believe I have had that happen to. I get many signs from my husband in spirit. Thanks for answering. smile  Lynda

3. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 10 years ago

Hi Lyn....good to see you again.....it's been a while.   Several times, I have experienced what you describe.  Once, after losing my sister (and best friend) early one morning, I actually saw her for a split second.  I'd have to say that seriously impacted me.  Many years ago, after the loss of my first husband, I saw a small pale blue orb, suspended above his dresser in our bedroom.
    I would give anything in this world to believe (KNOW) with my entire being, that these things actually occurred.....but in all honesty, I spent time and energy after each of these events, trying to understand what happened, what it really was....and wondering how my mind played tricks on me.   I know that's sad......but despite how desperately I want (need) to believe, there's a nagging pull within, toward the opposite direction, back into reality and logic.   
    There was also a very moving situation, involving a dream my son had and told me about, that had profound meaning....that even he could not have been aware of.....Still, I equate these things to happenstance.....am I afraid or that much of a skeptic?
    I know you and I have had a couple of conversations in the past.  Maybe one day, we can share thoughts again.  "Happy New Year."

Hi Paula-so good to hear from you.There is the natural skeptic in all of us, and a bit of fear too. I just had so much happening to me, I could no longer ignore. I say,"if it feels like a sign for you then it is a sign for you." Tks for answering.

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image84
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 10 years ago

I have a really hard time with this because I am not sure as Christians we should be after the spirits of loved ones that have passed over and they are no longer human after all but after my mom died I missed her so desperately I wanted to see her and one night there was a floating at the foot of my bed and I was thrilled to think she was showing herself to me and if anyone could I knew she would but when I turned the light on it was my calender being blown out by a fan. But I did have a dream the night my dad died that I was talking to him telepathically and he to me (he was in a coma) and I went to the hospital and room where he was and got in bed with him and we wrapped our arms around each other and I was so comforted by him and went to sleep in his arms and when I woke (in the dream) I walked out back and saw him being put in a ambulance and I knew he was gone. When I really did wake I found out he had died the night before and I described the nurse, the room, where his bed was and the back of the hospital to my mom just like it was and I had never been there. Or had I? I love that thought that it could have been true and surely it did help me thinking my dad felt my presence too. I know we will see them again, I have no doubt but as to them being in our sphere now, I just have my doubts but it doesn't really matter to me anymore knowing they are waiting on me.

Jackie, for me it has nothing to do with being Christian. It is a spiritual experience which I believe is good. Spirit will use whatever is handy to show you as your mom did with the floating calendar IMHO. Tks for answering with your views.  smile

2. fpherj48 profile image61
      fpherj48posted 10 years agoin reply to this

So true, Lyn.there's a world of difference between any religious beliefs and our spirituality. 4 me, this is nothing at all to do with Religion or Religious beliefs I steer CLEAR of "organized religions."All R forms of a cult, 1 way or another.

3. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Jackie I have a hub about ghosts in the Bible to read it click on this link
      http://hub.me/a45Rx

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image84
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As a Christian I would certainly stay far from cults and only go by the word of God. Isaiah 8:19
      And when they say to you, “Inquire of the mediums and the necromancers who chirp and mutter,” should not a people inquire of their God? Should they inqu

5. profile image0

What cult? and who is seeking a medium? We saw them ourselves.
      Maybe you need to learn what those scriptures mean.

5. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 10 years ago

I have had these experiences and even communicated with my mom and brother. When this has happened, when we communicated, it has been in an altered state. It has also occurred during out of body experiences.
    This makes me to know personally that there is life after death.

I have always loved these experiences even when it did not involve just my loved ones. I've had other experiences when I didn't communicate but saw and heard people, even children and animals.

Wonderful Deborah.  I have many experiences with my husband in spirit, and now with my mom who passed this past January.  Thanks for sharing your experiences with me. I also spoke with an Angel of Light while meditating a couple of weeks ago.  smile

2. profile image0

I find it takes about two years for a loved one to come to you after they have passed. They may start to give you dreams of them at first. Your mom will come through. I've also had  experiences with angels, and this is very powerful

3. craiglyn profile image53

Deborah, I couldn't figure out how to comment to your last comment.  My husband came to me immediately- within the first week of his passing, and I still communicate with him  smileI have also written a book  about this.

4. profile image0

Maybe it is the norm for my group and me My dad came in the first week too. I was crying because I didn't get to say something to him & there he was It sounds like your husband was & is very close to you and was & is your protector You ar

5. craiglyn profile image53

Deborah - yes, I believe we are soul mates.  It is all so neat.  Thanks for answering my question, and for sharing your experiences.   smile

6. delaneyworld profile image71
    delaneyworldposted 10 years ago

I have had many experiences, but one that sticks in my mind.  I had just taken a shower and I walked out into my bedroom.  The air in the room felt a little heavy and Ias her presence.

After a small while I got up to check on my daughter.  She was about one year old at the time.  When I went into her bedroom, she was standing in her crib, laughing and pointing at the corner of the room saying, "Mimi!  Mimi!" 

Mimi is what we called my grandma.  My daughter had never had the pleasure of meeting her, as Mimi had died 10 years before my Lily was born.  smile could smell the perfume my grandma used to wear.  It was a profound experiences and I just laid down on my bed and enjoyed what I felt w

How wonderful is that-love it!  Small children are naturally more open, as are animals.  Also scents are one of the common signs. I experience my husband in spirit. It is so amazing.  Thanks for answering and sharing your story.  Lynda

2. delaneyworld profile image71
      delaneyworldposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sorry about the weird way my comment turned out.  It appears as if a part that belonged in the first paragraph ended up as the last two sentences of the third paragraph!  My apologies for not reading through it before I posted! Great question!

3. craiglyn profile image53

That's OK.  I understood what you were saying.   smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)