In need of urgent advice

Jump to Last Post 51-69 of 69 discussions (273 posts)
  1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

Arr, some of the crew in this thread be actin' like scurvy dogs, instead of helping an innocent landlubber get his sealegs. Don't be such a scallywag. We all be here to help each other out in our quest fer treasure.

2. Helen Cater profile image62
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

This topic should have the name changed as it has turned into "War on words".

1. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

3. profile image0
    R.G. San Ramonposted 14 years ago

@ world of the wise: From what I know, you can only be penalized if you placed both yahoo and google ads in your site. I know for sure that that's against yahoo TOS, but I'm not sure with google (I see a lot of sites with affiliate advertisements posted alongside google ads.).

I cannot agree with Misha any less. The forum is like a big comment box where people can communicate with each other the way they want to, no pressure.

@ hubtub: If you want your own forum, then by all means make one. No one's stopping you. Or delete "poor" comments from your hubs (if you have any). Also, did you check the urls of the "alerts" given by the article checker you gave? I used the same thing before when I published my first 3 hubs (in case I "plagiarized" unintentionally). Because I also submitted my rss feed on some feed sites, I found my content widely distributed in the net! Perhaps world of the wise did the same. But then again, I'm not sure. But I'm taking sufi's word for it. And I also did some phrase search in google and found the articles unique. Yes, world of the wise's profile and hubs are not coincident, but that's his profile, and those are his hubs. Respect his choices. At least he's not making fun of your own hubs. Really, I looked into them and they are no better than his.

4. profile image0

Oops. Not my content, but links to my content are widely distributed in the net, at least I think so. tongue

5. Helen Cater profile image62

Is anyone else wondering where World of the wise has gone. Perhaps Hub tub ate him for dinner.

Actually I was just wondering the same thing. For the past 24 hours we've been going back and forth about Hubtub's comment and not once did he butt in. Maybe he got tired of the forums. hmm

6. profile image0

AhAhA! Same here. That's why I addressed my first post to him, hoping he would reply. tongue

7. Helen Cater profile image62

it just goes to show we do not need the original author to have a good debate.

True smile.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Yer doom be at hand, ye parrot-loving swabbie... Yo ho ho an' a bottle o' rum!.

(Is that good enough English?)

1. Lady_E profile image62
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol. Is that you Uninvitedwriter?
      Now that is a cool picture/Avatar.

9. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Wat duz dem wurdz meen, Lita?

Something more going on here, Lita - I suspect that HotTub's misguided attempt at publicity backfired. She expected hordes of Hubbers to leap to her defence and fan her (hence the resurrection of a nine day old forum post). That is pretty much what happens on some of the 'writing' sites - they are like a pack of cowardly jackals, sometimes.

Now she has painted herself into a corner and it is exquisitely excruciating to watch. You know that something is wrong when you and Texan post on the same thread amiably lol

At the end of the day, the true test of writing skill, for most people on HP, is measured in dollars. That is the way of the modern world.

Oh........aaarrrgh, me bonny crew o' salty sea scurvies big_smile

10. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

I wondered if those Indian half-naked chicks were being served to me by Google...
    If you see them too then I am no longer WTF about it. I was thinking Google maybe had something on me. cool

11. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

omg!!! big_smile

Mhmm.

if this had happened to me on my first forum post, i would not have come back here.

THAT is a great avatar!

oh yeah...there's one where a bunny has tied a rope around his neck and the other end around the hour hand of a huge clock. they are funny...i try not to think about my bunny when i read them wink

HubTub, using five-dollar words doesn't impress people, it just makes you look like a snob. is that how you want your peers to see you? twice i have called you out on your poor grammar and you ignored those. other hubbers have also noticed your own grammatical mistakes. perhaps they do to show you that what you are doing is kind of hypocritical, since you yourself are guilty of less-than-perfect grammar usage. what does it really matter, anyway? this is an informal medium.

maybe if you concentrated on yourself instead of other people,  you would be a happier person.

12. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

I think Hub Top (or is it hut butt? whatever!) is RUDE, ARROGANT and NASTY. If people here on HP were like her, we won't have such a community, and people like me who speak English as a second language will feel highly intimidated and will be out the door of HP before we even get to start.
    She needs to spend more time writing more hubs and keep away from us who are striving to get better and better everyday. People here are such wonderful folks, ready to give a helping hand to whosoever needs one and we don't need selfish hubbers who prefer to critisize and damage people's moral.
    I can bet my top adsense earnings that she has no friends AT ALL and is lonely and highly frustrated.
    If you don't keep away, we may just have to 'smoke you out' of this forum.
    I don't like your bad attitude. Please just stop. You are embarrassing yourself. I'm so disappointed in someone as you who claims to be well educated. Speaking or writing perfect English is not the only thing when it comes to education.
    And you can waste your time picking out my mistakes if you wish. I don't give a toss. neutral

13. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

he he big_smile

14. Real Estate Lady profile image60
    Real Estate Ladyposted 14 years ago

By the way

" I could care less about my hub score. . ."

The correct way to phrase it is "I COULDN'T care less. . ."

You see, if you could care less then you obviously care.
    If you don't care at all, then you COULDN'T care less.

Ah, grammar. . .such a tricky business, isn't it?

Nice interpretation Lady. smile

15. RooBee profile image81
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

...it's sooo tempting to pick apart The Sultan of Grammar's grammar & word usage, but since I wouldn't do it to anyone else....

16. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I think she is a fake or an alter ego stirring the pot!  Really, if you're that good, why just pick one person to pick apart, what not party through all the forum threads...and check our spelling.

I'm so sorry for the OP of this thread.

17. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

How people write on a forum is not always indicative on how they write in their hubs.

1. tksensei profile image59
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thas tru smtms

18. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

get a room, guys? wink

1. Mrvoodoo profile image58
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seriously dude, I wouldn't go there with yours. wink

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I never restrict anybody. You have my authorization - providing any one of them bites wink

(j/k of course )

19. shibashake profile image83
    shibashakeposted 14 years ago

lol - just came in for a quick check on latest HubPages news and ended up staying for over an hour just reading posts.

Seems like the entire Forum has turned into Religion and Politics. roll

It is a sad day when you get attacked for asking an innocent question.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)