How can I have a great relationship with God?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)
  1. jacobkuttyta profile image43
    jacobkuttytaposted 9 years ago

How can I have a great relationship with God?

2. flpalermo profile image61
    flpalermoposted 9 years ago

Only if He calls you. You don't choose Him, He calls you.

1. Robert the Bruce profile image60
      Robert the Bruceposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What a merciful God and full of compassion. He chooses his small group and allows the rest to be damned. How could anyone say he is not just?

2. flpalermo profile image61
      flpalermoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You need to understand what the "firstfruits" are.

3. Robert the Bruce profile image60

You can sugar-coat the teaching if you like. I've had formal training in Christian doctrine and I'm no stranger to Calvinism. Predestination to salvation/damnation is offensive to the conscience (unless you have rationalized it away).

4. flpalermo profile image61

Formal training in Christian doctrine from who? Traditional Christianity? That's why you are confused.

5. Snøwman profile image57
      Snøwmanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What you said is true, but God calls everyone.

6. Robert the Bruce profile image60

flpalmero, do you have special knowledge that is hidden from everyone else? I remember a group like that mentioned in Revelation...the Nicolatians I believe?

7. flpalermo profile image61

Robert the Bruce - were you offended? Why is it so hard to believe the Bible?

8. Robert the Bruce profile image60

Because I believe things that have evidence. Objective evidence. An experience that someone has in their heart doesn't constitute evidence.

9. celafoe profile image54
      celafoeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

that is not what scripture says, it says God desires that all men come to a saving relationship with Him

10. Robert the Bruce profile image60

flpalermo, I have researched the origins of the Bible and Christianity because I care deeply about the truth. If you were honest in research, you would find the same things as I did.

3. Snøwman profile image57
    Snøwmanposted 9 years ago

Step 1: Read the bible
    Step 2: Do what it says
    Step 3: Profit.

4. profile image0
    Daveadamposted 9 years ago

In my opinion you don't need to be religious if you don't feel the need, all you have to do is be nice & stay positive with everyone you meet..Be an ear to other peoples problems, but don't tell them yours..Help as many people as you have time for, but make sure you stay on top of your own life first..Do as many things that you love doing which in itself is thanking god, because god wants us to experience love & then pass that love on..Anyone who helps others for long enough will realise that it's actually the best thing to do, because it rewards the "helper" with some of the best feelings there is to feel..I like to think along the lines that god or who ever/what ever put me here, has already put everything i need out there all ready for me to find..I could go off looking/chasing/desiring which i did for 30 years of my life, or i could realise (which i did when i was 40 yrs old) that i don't need to go anywhere because it's all here already for me..Everything i need to become content is all the things i love doing with my life, & the ones that give the best feelings "back" are helping others & doing things we love doing..Now they are usually always things that are free to do, & so I'm now starting to get the point or gist of life....You help someone out who is in desperate need, & you should feel the reward in your heart..You don't tell anyone else that you did it, you just keep it to yourself & the person you helped..That's what i do now i help as many people as i have spare time for, but i never mention it to other people..Over the months I've started to develop a real pride in myself, as a person who helps other but doesn't brag about it..It does feel like I'm starting to get the "gist" of life now, & I'm having a good relationship with god or who ever put me here..I'm not saying I've heard from god etc, but the more i like helping other people & myself the better my life has become.

1. flpalermo profile image61

And it will become better.

2. profile image0
      Daveadamposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No matter what happens to you in your life, smile & be positive with everyone you see..Have a chat with everyone you can, & always stay positive..That alone will change a persons life for the better, & it can happen over a matter of weeks

5. Sinbadsailorman profile image60
    Sinbadsailormanposted 9 years ago

We have a great relationship With Him as we Do with any other. But since we can't seem to understand The Father as we would wish too. We try to understand the Son and those lives who He has touched.

And when at last when we find an understanding of the Love that both of these posses for us and all of the Creation that GOD has created.

We come to know GOD and His SPIRIT or Holy Ghost who is also The Comforter that Jesus promised to send back to us when He ascended back into Heaven.

GOD so loved the World. And our little planet which is a third of the Heaven that fell that HE sent us Jesus. The Lamb of GOD to take away the SINS of the WORLD which we are part of once again. As we were separated from It before when we Fell from IT The World GOD's World Our Heaven.

We also have a better and greater chance at a Great relationship with HIM when we reach out and to others who also believe in GOD The Father who sent HIS only Begotten Son, who was not created but was from the beginning GOD and His Word. We remember and must believe that The Word was made Flesh. This is The Christ Emmanuel Jesus which is to say GOD with Us as we are in a Body of Flesh.

Able to die but Because of the False Accusations, Lies, and Murders. Did Not Our Lord stay dead. Because of the Unjust Hands and works from the fallen Lucifer now the Unfaithful god of this fallen world Satan. Our earth both body and planet he is the God of Until the Lord rises and then again ascends.

When we find like minded Seekers and Believers in This GOD and His Son we begin to grow in our beliefs of what we have heard and what we have seen and what we can feel of The Creator of All things seen and Unseen.

Pray and Talk to GOD through Prayer always Praying HIS Will and Always through the intercessor OUR LORD Jesus. For at this Time and no other while in Our fallen state have we ever been closer to the LORD Our GOD.

For this is the reasoning for the Single Path to GOD OUR Father HE came as we were to live the life we do and to show to us the false god of our was unjust even to his FATHER and CREATOR GOD. Seek and knock upon Our Fathers door Talk to Him Get to know HIS nature and not the false nature of the pretender and false god Satan the God of Our world and not the GOD of THE WORLD.

Only when you find the other two to be Just and truthful will you find the Holy Spirit Our comforter and once we find this Comforter do we begin to have that great relationship With GOD and others as well.

6. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 9 years ago

Find equivalence of form with Him. The more you assume that viewpoint and attitude, the closer you will be with Him.

Take Love, for instance. Most confuse this with the egoistic versions of physical lust or similar attitudes of self-concern.

God has no self-concern, and thus has no limitations. Be like Him. Love others as yourself, and before yourself. Take responsibility for the crimes of others against you. Turn the other cheek with infinite, unconditional love.

Some people are discovering this through authentic Kabbalah, like that found at Bnei Baruch.

For those who are interested, you can get a taste of this with the short video found at http://perceivingreality.com

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)