Why are there so much more gay and bi women today?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)
  1. profile image49
    Jim50posted 9 years ago

Why are there so much more gay and bi women today?

There are many women nowadays that are Gay And Bi, and it is sad that many of us Straight Men are looking to meet a good woman to settle down with. And with shows like Sex in the city, and Opra certainly destroyed this generation today. Very hard for many of us men that have to deal with very nasty women nowadays that will Curse at us when we will try to start a Conversation with them, and why would they act like this nowadays? So sad that there are so many very Pathetic Women out there today. I guess they had very bad experiences with men at one time.

2. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 9 years ago

Oh boy.

I don't really understand. Are you upset that women are gay, or that shows like Sex and the City have encouraged women to have active sex lives, or that some women are rude? All completely separate issues.

As for there being more lesbians/bisexual women these days, well, I doubt that's the case. The LGBT community has gained a lot of support in the recent years, so I'd guess it's simply a matter of more women (and men) feeling comfortable to be open about their sexuality.

I'm not sure how Sex and the City can be blamed for "destroying" a generation but I suppose that's an opinion you're allowed to have. Just out of curiosity, were you a regular viewer? Or are you going off of word of mouth? smile

As for the ones who curse at you when you try to start a conversation... well, there are unfortunately rude people regardless of gender. I assure you that there are plenty of rude men, too.

It sounds like your attitude towards women is rather poor. Perhaps you'd have more luck if you didn't assume they are pathetic based on first impressions, what they watch on TV, or their sexual preferences. smile

3. Link10103 profile image61
    Link10103posted 9 years ago

Your original question seemed honest enough. But then I read the description...bit of a doozy.

What does a woman being Bi or Gay have to do with how nasty they are? About as much as their hair color has to do with how much salad they eat a week, I would assume (AKA, absolutely nothing...)

And if you assume the majority of women are pathetic because they had a bad experience with a man (because clearly its all the woman's fault) and/or because they are gay or bisexual, well I can imagine why they would be nasty to you specifically.

I personally find a bisexual woman to be pretty hot, since they are probably more sensually in tune with their body than most women are. With that in mind, I am not an idiot that actually makes a big deal about that. Havent had a horrendous conversation with a woman yet, and even if I did, I highly doubt it would have anything to do with her sexual orientation rather than me being utterly confused as to why she needs 50 pairs of shoes and a newer purse than the already new purse she has.

Of course, thats just me

1. jlpark profile image78
      jlparkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

hehe re: the purses...though, even i don't understand that, and I'm a woman.

Aime Fposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't get the purse thing, either! I've had the same $20 Vans purse for like 4 years. It's black. It goes with everything. It holds my shit. Good enough for me.

3. Link10103 profile image61
      Link10103posted 9 years agoin reply to this

So about those shoes... Lol

4. jlpark profile image78

I've got a few pairs of comfy sports shoes, NO heels, and a pair of dressy boots (ladies ones) - and I use a wallet - none of this purse crap. (but then I'm gay...so I may not count!)

5. Aime F profile image70

I wear flip flops unless it's snowing.

I can't imagine no purse. Have you ever seen those shower games where you get points for the most random, obscure stuff in your purse? I win those. Always. Anything you could ever want can be found in my purse

6. jlpark profile image78

I lose them..I have cards, and drivers licence. Half the time, I don't have the wallet just the debit card and my licence. I am on the look out though, for a minature "kitchen sink" - my mother has everything in her purse except the 'kitchen sink"

7. profile image49
      Absolutely60posted 9 years agoin reply to this

And what is sad nowadays, the women that are Straight are dating Ugly Guys. That i will never ever Understand.

4. jlpark profile image78
    jlparkposted 9 years ago

As a gay woman, I may be able to answer you...though, from your question description, you seem to have made up your own answer.

There are more of us out there now, because we no longer have to hide. So, technically, there aren't any more than there ever was, but we don't have to be secretive about it anymore.  Nor have many of us had issues or bad experiences with men - we just aren't attracted to them.

SITC, and Oprah have NOTHING to do with people being gay or bi. No one can make anyone a different sexuality than they were in the first place.

However, these shows may have taught women in general that they can be confident, self-assured, and not have to put up with being treated badly.

Perhaps you should look at your approach to women, rather than blaming the LGBT community for your down falls. Perhaps you are too aggressive, too in their face, too arrogant, too passive, too loud, too quiet, too assuming etc. Perhaps it is not the woman, but merely your approach to her. (You being anyone who struggles with picking up women, or women being gruff).

It's not our fault that your approach isn't working....it's NEVER going to work with gay women - we aren't attracted to you, no matter how hard you try. (so if we say "sorry, gay" - leave it.  Telling us we've not met the right man etc...will just annoy us more)

1. profile image49
      Alex60posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well i have to certainly agree on that since many women today are out of control, and more and more women nowadays are leaving their husbands and boyfriends to be with another woman. Very sad that many women have changed for the Worst over the years.

You mean women are feeling comfortable enough with their sexuality to go out and be with someone that they love?! The horror!

Marriages have fallen apart for much less and sometimes it's even the man's fault!

5. lisavollrath profile image92
    lisavollrathposted 9 years ago

If you seem to be meeting a lot of women who curse at you when you try to talk to them, and tell you they're gay or bi, you might want to work on your conversational skills. It's not that they're nasty, or gay, or bi. It's that you appear to have nothing to offer a fine, straight, sensible woman whenever you open your mouth.

6. tom yam profile image59
    tom yamposted 9 years ago

Here in Thailand lots of women have tried a steady relationship with a man and been treated so badly by the guy that they are much happier (and safer) dating other women.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)