Do you believe we have a 6th sense?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Chris Dela Cruz profile image61
    Chris Dela Cruzposted 9 years ago

Do you believe we have a 6th sense?

I've had incidents of my 6th sense sparking. I feel like I can feel, hear and sometimes see what others cannot see. More so recently I spoke to a few people in my family and they say my family is prone to be sensitive to that third universe of spirits.

I've had incidents of a pan flying out of my cabinet, my washer opening, seeing something run past through the mirror, and hearing and feeling a presence. I don't really think much of it most of the time and rather say it is my loved ones from my past just watching over me. What do you think? Do you experience the same thing?

2. danicole profile image69
    danicoleposted 9 years ago

I believe we all do have a sixth sense. Some peoples' sixth's sense are naturally stronger than others, but we all have the potential to develop it. There is a lot we don't know about our selves as human beings. Until someone can answer me, who we are? where we came from? If we were created or evolved? etc. Our origins are mysterious and the universe is far, wide, and infinite so anything is possible.

3. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

I've never experienced those types of things on that level but I definitely believe in the 6th sense. We all have it, some of us are more in tuned to it than others. I am aware of sensing, seeing, and feeling at a heightened level. I enjoy watching the show "Long Island Medium" where the medium is able to connect with spirits to help people deal with unresolved grief.

4. profile image0
    Ian Moonposted 9 years ago

In my opinion our 6th sense is our sub-conscious self, & what our sub-conscious self has realised so far..So as we gain more control as our sub-conscious self, we're not distracted by our conscious minds interference as our identity as the self. :-)

5. Zelkiiro profile image86
    Zelkiiroposted 9 years ago

Definitely. Humans have a sixth sense. Close your eyes and touch the tip of your nose with your finger.

Ta-daaa! You've just demonstrated your sixth sense: Spatial Awareness! Da-da dah ba-dum bum.

Spoiler Alert: Humans have anywhere from 25 to 27 senses.

6. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 9 years ago

The broad answer is yes. From my understanding a sixth sense is intuitive awareness. That stretches from Deja Vu, which is an anomalous experience through to the paranormal experiences. Its concept arrived with ESP.

My narrow answer is most certainly while each may have been tuned differently. From out of body experiences to near death experiences to encounters with other dimensions I tend to think each has a different tune-up of awareness. At question is if they all are innate and only some become consciously aware and others not. Of course their acceptability too.

7. profile image0
    Ana Koulourisposted 9 years ago

I certainly believe we have a sixth sense. Some may have a more developed sense than others, but it's there in most people. I've had strange experiences just like yours (i.e., hearing footsteps upstairs when I'm alone in the house, an object missing one moment and suddenly appearing the next, etc.).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)