jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you believe that animals (namely dogs) can sense the paranormal?

1. thebeast02 profile image84
    thebeast02posted 6 years ago

Do you believe that animals (namely dogs) can sense the paranormal?

I have seen on several "Ghost Hunting" television shows and even some paranormal documentaries, that dogs are especially susceptible to sensing the paranormal. Do you believe this, or have any experiences with it?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I know that they can.  No, I can not prove it.  I do not need to prove what I know - as whether or not anyone else shares my knowledge is not for me to gain, but for them to lose.

3. lundmusik profile image69
    lundmusikposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure about the paranormal,, but i know that dogs can do some miraculous things, like sniff out cancerous moles, sense when an epileptic seizure.is coming..

I would think that first it would have to be established that there was such a thing as a paranormal activity,, and I doubt that that's the case..

4. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

I personally do not have the experience to state for certain ... but animals certainly do have extra senses, which compensate for their lack of Speech, and human like emotions etc..

Al Koran, makes this amply clear ... In, The Stated ... that there are two Superiors, above all others that Exist in Creation ... Humans, are the Zenith of Creation ... while d' Ginns ... called Genies, in western literature, are the next ... though lower than Humans, In Creation.

It will therefore, be sensible to assume, that animals do have, what we might call some Extra Sensory Faculties ... with which they can Perceive, what we consider the Paranormal phenomena, such as of the d' Ginns ,,,

It may help you understand this phenomenon better, if you knew, that d' Ginns can assume any shape, or form, which we may, or may not see.

5. profile image12
    saisarannagaposted 6 years ago

Yes, Dogs have special ability to feel or perceive a ghost or devil. It raises its voice in a peculiar way during such encounters. Though nothing will be visible to us except the cry of the dog, we can assume that the dog has sensed a ghost or spirit nearby.

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

considering the paranormal isn't real, i would have to say no. i do believe they can detect moods and fear and such though.

7. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 6 years ago

I think that they do. We had some sort of paranormal activity in our home but was not threatening. Our dog would stand there and bark at nothing. Or he would growl and stand in front of our children as if protecting them from something. I think dogs can see  and are more alert to the paranormal activities than humans are.

8. Cresentmoon2007 profile image73
    Cresentmoon2007posted 6 years ago

Yes I do. In fact in one home I lived in we had some horrible experiences with the paranormal. My dog when we first brought her into the home acted a little uneasy, I thought it was because it was a new home. That same week she started to tremble out of fear and growling in such a manner I never seen her do  before.