How do I keep from judging my neighbor as God instructed? I really want to pleas

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Cgenaea profile image61
    Cgenaeaposted 9 years ago

How do I keep from judging my neighbor as God instructed?
    I really want to please God; not men...

I got a "snarky" visit from a superfriend (My Everlasting Love), recently. He/she said that I was in violation of my father's word to not judge others. 
    After testing the spirit, I was ensured that I had no worry. Spirit is very telling.
    Then, one whom I've always respected as God's own, seemed to express pleasure in her words. This got me to thinking.
    As I checked myself, I realize still, no judgment on my part. But obviously, many do.
    So, I need help checking myself.
    What is judgment?

"Woe to you when all men speak well of you, this is how your fathers did with false prophets." -bible

2. profile image0
    SirDentposted 9 years ago

First things first.  What is judgment?  It is condemnation.  Jesus said in John chapter 3 verse 18 that those who do not believe are condemned already.  Just a few years ago, I was condemned because I did not believe.

Verse 19 tells what the condemnation actually is.  Men love darkness rather than light.  Those who love the darkness will always be in darkness, in this life and the next. 

Many accuse you, me and others of judging, when we are merely pointing out their sins.  We try to get people on the right track but they don't want any part of it. 

I wouldn't worry about the one who said you are in the wrong, we all have off days. 

Lastly, speak what you know.  A good witness only tells what he/she knows personally.  The Spirit of Truth will lead you and empower you to say and do what needs said and done as long as you pray and listen to His voice.  I wrote about judging a few years ago. 

http://sirdent.hubpages.com/hub/JudgeNotLestYeBeJudged

Cgenaeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful! And thank you. smile
      I am on my way to your piece. It is important to me to be pleasing in His sight. The peace I get from telling what I know about God and the bible is unmatched; the flack is expected.

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The world hated Him first.

3. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 9 years ago

No where in the bible does it tell you not to use judgment. Judgment is indeed prescribed for certain in the Psalms and it is clear judgment is part of wisdom. Also clearly we are not to judge what is in a persons heart or make a final judgment of them. But we must judge their actions and speak up when necessary. A parent must be charged with teaching good judgment to their child. To do this one must explain why certain actions are judged harshly while others are rewarded.
    Discernment is that ability to learn where and when to exercise our good judgment as the Holy Spirit directs us. Discernment comes from the Holy Spirit and from careful study of scripture and listening to elders and from experience. If you make bad judgment and stay sober you will learn from it and have better judgment. A portion of a prayer from St. Francis helps us remember. "God help me to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change what I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
    We must not be timid in developing and applying our good judgment. We must stand firm in our conviction and we must constantly apply ourselves to learning more of the Word in order to better serve Him and our neighbors. If we cannot judge the conduct of another how are we to help them find a better path both by instruction and by example.
    We are witnesses and must use our judgment as a light on a hill and live our lives accordingly.
    Of course I would offer up this hub as a further look into judgment, more as a place of further inquiry than instruction for it is humble and meant to help others to decide in prayer what is proper judgment for them to exercise in the day to day. http://ericdierker.hubpages.com/hub/Eri … t-Judgment
    But let me conclude by saying that the fact that you make personal and public inquiry and seek discussion of a matter of grave importance tells us that you have discernment.

Thank you, Sir. My heavy scrutiny of self stems from an entire life with a woman (my mom) who encouraged proper conduct, the Godly way.  My desire to please God is also a conduit for consistent introspection.
      I am gratgrateful for your words.

4. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 9 years ago

Your self-assessment is a good sign. Being self-aware is the first big step.

If you look at others as bad or not deserving of love or similar negative attitudes, then you are "judging" them.

The key, here, is Ego (self-concern). Ego loves to put others down and to build self up. When you love others as yourself, then everything they do is what you wish for them. You may counsel them about a different way of looking at things or ask them probing questions to get them to be more self-aware, but you do not think little of them. If they slap your cheek, you gladly give them the other, knowing that their desire is to strike you.

God is Love. So, if you become Love, too, without any self-concern, then you are being like God -- a loving parent (or sibling).

Thank you. "Look at others as bad, not deserving of love... judgment."
      No one holds that status in my head. Thank God. My discussion here is NEVER about me. I do not worry about ego, I lost it long ago. Lol. But I stand accused....
      No problem... smile

5. Marina7 profile image61
    Marina7posted 9 years ago

If you say "I don't agree with what my friend or neighbor says" that is not judgement and that is saying something you believe in is true or false. If you say "my neighbor is a horrible person and I don't like him" that is also not judging him. That is possibly stating a fact since your neighbor might be a horrible person the way he or she might act. And after you said your neighbor is horrible you can also pray for him or her and then you will feel you have contributed good to help your neighbor get better.

If you say "I hate my neighbor and want him to die in hell and burn there forever" that is judging. Judging is for God to do and not for us humans. Many people who are victims of crimes have often said things like "I want him to burn in hell, etc." and that was said out of pure pain and hurtful anger. It is judging but only God knows if it is wrong for them to do this since they are in deep emotional pain.

I also heard people who are relatives of victims of crime say "I forgive you sir." So people can have controlled or uncontrolled emotions when it comes to how to deal with very sensitive matters and it depends if they are Christians or not as to how they deal with these emotional issues.

If you say "what you have done is terrible and I hope and pray you get the punishment you deserve" that is leaving the punishment up to God and a Christian has learned to respond like that.

Thank you, Marina7. I've considered judgment to be, seeing a person as bad, and saying what should happen to him or her as punishment. "You're stupid and going to hell, Dummy." Recently, "I'm not talking to you. You'll never get it." Feels like judgm

6. Cgenaea profile image61
    Cgenaeaposted 9 years ago

Best Answer Cgenaea says

Eureka!!! "I'm not talking to you anymore! You are too far gone, and I will save my breath and let you fall." Similar to throwing one to the dogs, in my opinion. God is the ONLY one to say what "too far gone" is. My response to Marina7, helped me to realize that God was talking to his own specifically. With all else he said, it makes sense that judgment is just that. And I have seen a lot of Christians here turn ones over to a reprobate mind. smile but that is God's job.The Lord asked us to tell of the good news, in its entirety, over and over, until. How can I, or anyone else know when to "give up on you" so to speak. God gave the word, and salvation, to the whole world. How can I withhold the Lord's breath of life from anyone?How can I consider anyone not worthy of my time because he/she is a bit difficult to speak to? I feel that it is the same as leaving one to hell. "How can they hear without a preacher?"Their path is for sure headed to hell without faith in Jesus. Jesus promised that. How can I just stand back and watch?Angry is not sin. The bible actually says that. Making people feel bad for their sin is life. Not death. Jesus spoke of hell. He spoke to his own about the hows and whys of it. It is NOT judgment to speak of hell. It is not judgment to see that what you say will be the catalyst for a launching to its gates. I can hear if you currently have the tendency to be hell-bound. To say, cannot be judgment. The Lord told us of the majick phrases that buy tickets to hell."Jesus is the son of God." He said it with his own lips. Sincei know that he was no liar, I know that he is the son of God. Saying he is not, is death. Jesus said that, not me. Saying he was God in the flesh is confusing. He stated that he was God but he meant in the same way that I can be if I follow.Denying the spirit of God is death too. Jesus said it. It is not judgment for me to also say it. It is right to tell people that their denial of the spirit of God is death. How else can they know???Encouraging one in their wrong and "being there for them, through it all is WRONG!" Jesus not only saved the woman about to be stoned, he told her to get right before he sent her away.Wow!!! I can breathe!!!Judgment is letting you go...It is NOT love to smile and grin in the face of someone who has obviously shown a tendency for being hellbound. "Oh, you don't believe in God? Well that's ok, he loves you, and he is the only one who can judge you."If he dies today.

7. manatita44 profile image72
    manatita44posted 9 years ago

Hi, My Friend Cgenaea,

How are you? I like your smile.

I feel that Lone Star is  essentially a good man. So his approach is different from yours or mine, but there is Truth in what he says. I feel that you know this.

I will look at your question, rather than your comment. When we look at God as static, as a Being in a geographical place waiting to judge us, the relationship is less personal, not so sublime. When we see Him as the ever-present Consciousness or Spirit with the Spiritual Centre in the core of our being, then we feel at one with Him; at peace.

As such we recognise that He is also in others; that we cannot please Him without pleasing others; that when we please others, we please Him. What the mind wants and what the spiritual heart wants can and are often different things, and so we try to please in our own way and not in God's way. What the early mystics called self-love, or self-concern, as Lone Star calls it.

Note that the Christ lived to do the Will of His Father, and today millions of churches and monuments are built in His honour. Christianity has produced many Saints, a great many have died for Christ and God. Point here is that when we please the Supreme, we elevate mankind.

On a lesser level, this is what Martin Luther King, Mandela, Mohammed Ali and many more have done for the Black man, and indeed all men by elevating the consciousness of many.

We live in a oneness-world. All things are interconnected and if you loose a piece of America in war, Europe is the weaker and vice versa. Nothing is separate unto itself. There are no boxes, only Oneness.

To go back to judging, you will judge, as I do judge, and sometimes it can be healthy, or you will get hit while crossing the road, or send your child to the wrong school. Do not worry. Life is a process of growth. We rise and fall, and fall and rise, and still we rise and continue. Life's perfection road is very long and we cannot move faster than Grace.

There is a Master Planner or Intelligence who weaves it all, and at Its choice hour, the veil will be removed. Meanwhile, Love all, serve, pray, give selflessly of yourself to others, and all will be well. Accept, do not expect; offer gratitude. In Love and Light.

Hello my friend, thanks. Two things: our command is to please God. Have you noticed that it is near impossible to please man if we do not agree with him? Also, it is impossible to please God without faith. We need to start there... in love.

8. PhoenixV profile image64
    PhoenixVposted 9 years ago

Open rebuke is better than secret love. Some love to claim someone esle is judging someone and they do that so they can look better in their own eyes. They are going for the one-upmanship angle. Others will claim someone else is judging someone so they can silence that person. They try to shame them into silence by claiming they are judging someone.  Pay them no mind Cgenaea, they are not of God. Keep up the good work smile

I'm impressed!!! Again... smile
      I too believe it to be a silence tactic. Not many realize that the words of the Lord doth sting from time to time. None, immune. It is loving to say what Jesus said, how he said it. It's the only thing that changes hearts

9. celafoe profile image54
    celafoeposted 9 years ago

Judging is required in all things.   The question is HOW to judge.
    Scripture tells we judge by the Holy S pirit with a goal of REDEMPTION, not as the world judges to destruction.
    I have a hub on judging scripturally you might want to check, from everything you have posted it looks like you already understand.    So tell you friend the truth, she does not, and try to teach her truth.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)