How can you change an atheist's views?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Sayyeda Zonah profile image62
    Sayyeda Zonahposted 9 years ago

How can you change an atheist's views?

I want to know their resentment towards God. I want to know their valid view points.

2. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 9 years ago

As an atheist I don't resent God. I don't believe in God so there's no one there for me to resent! Resentment has nothing to do with atheism whatsoever!
    I choose not to believe; it's as simple and as complicated as that.

Sayyeda Zonahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Some people that I know resent God. I have kept my patience, but I don't seem to understand the anger.

3. profile image0
    Sri Tposted 9 years ago

Tell them who God is. Not just the word. Some people don't like the word God. But switch that word to "life". Now no one can say they don't believe they are alive, unless they are foolish. The very power in their body is God, Spirit, Life Force, Energy, but most people don't know it. Their religions tell them that God is some remote being who judges them.

That's what I thought. And that's where I backed out, and asked myself, 'Who is God?' And that's when I knew, I didn't know equally who He is. But they relate spirit or energy to science, and I have no response then.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image67
      Lady Guinevereposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have arguments all the time about this.  I am a Minister, but not a CHURCHIAN who steals ppl's lives or mind like other clergy do.  That is NOT who Jesus is or was about.  It is so sad.  Jesus was a MYSTIC but their religion tells them otherwise.

3. profile image0
      Stargrrlposted 9 years agoin reply to this

OMG.  Minister of what?  Self-proclaimed minister?  Of what religion?  Are we talking about the same Jesus?  I'm talking about my savior, God's son.  Maybe that's why we are not on the same page--you are an entirely different religion!

4. Lady Guinevere profile image67

Watch Urself.  What did Jesus say and how are U to treat others.  What are U expecting as a response to your words and hate?  What are U looking for and R U aware of how others "feel" UR words and the emotions that U put behind them.

4. profile image0
    AC-DCposted 9 years ago

I do not believe it to be easy to change others minds about their own ideology. Everyone has their own beliefs and are as sure of them as the other person. "Love" is the key here. I think one thing that all human beings have in common is the love for someone. Where did this wonderful emotion come from? This "bread of life" could only come from a truly loving God. Christ's greatest commandment was to "Love one another." If this were possible then the world would be a better place for all.

True. I argued that God is a hope. It's the word that entitles us to every other emotion.

2. profile image0
      AC-DCposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Sayyeda Zonah.

5. Zelkiiro profile image88
    Zelkiiroposted 9 years ago

Some cold, hard evidence would be nice. And then some cold, hard evidence that THAT cold, hard evidence isn't merely naturally-occurring. And then some cold, hard evidence that it was the work of God and not, say, Odin.

6. Titen-Sxull profile image70
    Titen-Sxullposted 9 years ago

As an atheist I have no resentment towards god because I don't believe in god.

What would change my view?

1) Evidence - Scientific evidence would help immensely, something verifiable that passes peer review and holds up. Perhaps a study showing absolutely that prayer works for only one specific religion's prayers. Or just a god showing up here on Earth and submitting to be tested by scientists.

2) Logical Arguments - I have searched for years to find some kind of philosophical or logical argument for God that holds up. While such an argument might not be enough to convince me on its own it would certainly do more than the myriad of fallacious and bad arguments for God.

3) Overwhelming personal experience - Many atheists may disagree with this one but if I had some kind of overwhelming personal experience of god and could rule out mental illness or hallucination as causes. I spent years as a believer seeking this kind of experience and never found it and unfortunately for all others who claim to have found this evidence divine revelation is necessarily first-person.

7. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 9 years ago

For the life of me I cannot understand how you would come up with the resentment issue.  Why do you think they resnt YOUR God?

1. profile image0

Lady Guinevere if you are a so called Reverend why aren't you trying to lead souls to Christ instead of reinforcing atheism?

2. Lady Guinevere profile image67

I am not leadning anyone to anywhere.  Jesus said the laws are already in them,  He did NOT say to CONVERT, that is the church.  I do not belong to any organization that brainswashes it's ppl.  U no not how God works, He don't pick and choose, Men Do

3. profile image0

Okay. SMH

4. Lady Guinevere profile image67

Is every1 to teach abut Jesus supposed to teach his message the same way as you or your organized religion,?  Belief is NOT in a church.  It is within U not outside of U so said Jesus. God calls every1 at it's time not urs or mine.

5. Link10103 profile image60
      Link10103posted 9 years agoin reply to this

If more people had that train of thought Lady, the world would probably be a little less violent than it currently is and has been.

6. profile image0

Which God are you actually talking about??

7. Lady Guinevere profile image67

AC-DC which God do U think?  Read what Jesus states in UR Bible.  Where is God's Kingdom..Within U, Where are the laws..In the mind and hearts of men...Seek and U shall find, ask and U shal receive. Not my words, but Jesus's words IN THE BIBLE.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)