Where in the bible does the New Testament actually begin.

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (38 posts)
  1. celafoe profile image56
    celafoeposted 9 years ago

Where in the bible does the New Testament actually begin.

the  man made outlines and delineations in most bibles show a starting place of the New Testament.  BUT are they correct?

2. Rich kelley profile image60
    Rich kelleyposted 9 years ago

James, a bondservant of God and of the
    Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are
    scattered abroad: Greetings. My brethren, count
    it all joy when you fall into various trials,
    knowing that the testing of your faith produces
    patience.

About 50AD

1. Rich kelley profile image60
      Rich kelleyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Charlie
      I have the NKJV New Testament with chapters verses etc removed also arrange in the order written on my computer. If you would like a copy let me know via hub pages.
      Rich

2. celafoe profile image56
      celafoeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

rich- I thought I asked for it before   yes please

3. Rich kelley profile image60

Hub pages e-mail isn't working
      richkelleysbg@gmail.com

3. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

The New Testament begins with the 4 Gospels or Books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. All the bible versions I've used show this so I assume it's correct. But there are many versions of bibles over time, some with different Books so it depends. But my understanding that the New Testament begins with Matthew, I believe is correct.

yes that is what the churches of men teach but it is  incorrect and totally wrong and is the  reason for much confusion among those professing to be christian

2. janshares profile image94
      jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Charlie. I'll do more research for myself on that.

3. celafoe profile image56

JLE-   bless you as you strive to know all Truth

4. profile image60
    chevyssbowtieposted 9 years ago

I say 33 AD, when the Church was born in Acts 2.

1. Zelkiiro profile image87
      Zelkiiroposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You do know the earliest of the New Testament books, the Gospel of Mark, was written in ~70 AD, right? That means your date is off by quite a lot.

2. profile image60
      chevyssbowtieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It doesnt matter when the letters to the Churches were written, the Church was born in 33 AD, so that would be the beginning of the NT. The time the letters were written is not the beginning of the NT.

3. Rich kelley profile image60

There is a difference between the new covenant in my blood and the new testament in writing, The NT was arranged large to small for the most part, not order written. The New Covenant happen when Christ said it is finished (the old covenant).

4. profile image52
      graceinusposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Don't for get in Act 1:3 where it explain that for 40 after Jesus raised from the dead Jesus continue teaching the Kingdom message until a few days before Pentecost. Which Jesus was taken up to heaven seven days before Pentecost 50 days after death.

5. celafoe profile image56

the exact scripture where the NT begins are MT 27:50-51  MK 15:37-38,  Luke 23:44,  and Jn 19:29.   anything before these dates is under the OT LAW.          It we FULLY implimented on the day of pentecost..
      This is very important.

6. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Charlie:  Amen, Amen, & Amen!  FULLY IMPLEMENTED!

5. profile image0
    SirDentposted 9 years ago

The new covenant began when Jesus spoke it.  Mark 14:22-24  And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.  And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it.  And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

The Holy Bible is a book of history and redemption.  The new covenant was prophesied about in Jeremiah chapter 31:31  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

actually  this is also incorrect.   another of the teachings of the confused churches of men.

2. profile image52

Sir Dent:  "Fully Implemented" on the Day of Pentecost!  Can't go any other way according to Scripture! Commanded "to wait" for It Acts 1:4 & It came Acts 2:2 fulfilling Jer 31:33;Heb 8:10;10:16! Thereby "fully implementing!"

6. profile image52
    graceinusposted 9 years ago

Good question celafoe.

The new Testament did not begin until Jesus actual death on the cross. There are two verses in Hebrews that that answers your question perfectly.

Hebrews 9:16-17 (KJV) which states: 16 For where a testament is, there must also of nescessity be the DEATH of the TESTATOR.17 For a testament is in force AFTER men are DEAD; otherwise it is of no STRENGHT at all WHILE  THE TESTATOR LIVETH.

These two verses prove that the New Testament could only of started at the moment of the death of Jesus. Jesus was the TESTATOR of the New Testament.Therefore , this is proof that Jesus lived only in the time of Old Covenant (Testament).

Therefore the New Testament started the very moment or point Jesus did on the cross.

God Bless

Graceinus
      The same offer I made to Charlie applies to you as well
      Rich

2. profile image52

Rich- That would be nice, thank you.

3. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Are the terms "New Testament" and "New Covenant" the same?

4. profile image60

That is a good point graceinus, but it was still 33AD and the Church was born 50 days after Jesus' death. And the NT message was first preached by Peter that is when the NT began after the death of the Testator.

5. profile image52

chvyssbowtie- Regardless of the number of days it took for the Apostles to preach the message after Jesus death, the New Testament was in effect at the moment of Jesus death. The number of day it took for the birth of the (ecclesia) does not matter.

6. Rich kelley profile image60

Eric, diathēkē is translated in the KJV 14 times as testament and 20 times as covenant, in the NASB 34 times as covenant, so it could go either way.
      Rich

7. profile image60

The Testators new testament was not delivered the moment He died it was delivered 50 days after His death. It was put into peters hands to open the NT door.

8. profile image52

chevysbowtie- You are right, but I didn't say it was delievered to the apostles upon Jesus death. I am saying the New Testament went into EFFECT at his death. When it was delievered to the apostles is a seperate issue.Jesus had to die to take effect.

9. celafoe profile image56

Grace -  absolutely 100% correct

10. profile image60

Ok, got it, your right, at His death and fully implemented at Pentecost!

11. Rich kelley profile image60

Graceinus
      I'm not getting an e-mail from you to send the NKJV
      richkelleysbg@gmail.com

12. profile image52

Rich- I just sent you an e-mail. Looking forward to hearing from you.

13. celafoe profile image56

GRACE-  I have sent you 5-6 emails with no answer   is yours still broken?

14. profile image52

celafoe- I have not received any e-mail from you through Hubpage. I will send you an e-mail and it will have my correct address.

15. profile image52

Charlie: God knows "the heart!" You can't "delete" that!

7. Michael-Milec profile image60
    Michael-Milecposted 9 years ago

In that one "book', many books collections someone has put together in certain order according perhaps best knowledge or leading by the "spirit". Mostly, what " public" is reading as translation of original languages, often injected  by controversial phrases, not overpowering the 'original' truth and a power of God's direct Word. That what is spoken by Christ-the Anointed One, will continue to be so according to His promise to build His House of the "outcalled ones", (Matt.16:18), and as He has promised to dwell within "them" (John 14:17.18) - the ( followers/believers/ disciples), coming back in powerful force on the fiftieth day to live in the "house"  of  the obedient ones (John 14:23)  just to continue manifesting presence of the kingdom of God uninterruptedly as we read (Acts10:38) -- which was so obviously related to His very Anointing that the outsiders called his followers " anointedians" = CHRIST-IANOS ( Acts 11:26).

8. profile image52
    Norine Williamsposted 9 years ago

Under the New Covenant (Contract), Jesus "offered" the gift of the Holy Spirit in John 14:26 and John 16:13.  Under any contract, an "offer" is not effective until "received!"  Therefore, the New Testament (or Covenant) was not "received" until the Day of Pentecost in Acts 2:2 when the New Testament (Covenant) went into effect.

Why do you think Jesus commanded them to "...not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard from me?"  (John 14:26 and 16:13.)  He was "fulfilling" his "good faith promise" under the New Covenant (Contract)!  The Contract was not "fulfilled" when He died on the cross!  The Contract began, but was not finalized!  How can anything be effective and not finalized? 

We all know that the Holy Spirit is "offered" to everyone, but not all "receive!"

Check contract law!

John 14:26  But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.That is why He told them to wait, the answer is in scripture not contract law

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)