Does Science explain all things about life? Or Do religion explain things about

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Rakim Cheeks profile image60
    Rakim Cheeksposted 8 years ago

Does Science explain all things about life? Or Do religion explain things about life?

2. Austinstar profile image85
    Austinstarposted 8 years ago

Science explains and studies the natural world. It is a method of study.
    Religion attempts to explain the supernatural world. It is all based on faith in a supernatural deity.

1. profile image0
      Joshtheplumberposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Science is a dissection of what has already been created. The evidence is all around that there is a vast history which is unaccounted for. Religion and myths are all that we have left of what was erased from memory.

3. Link10103 profile image61
    Link10103posted 8 years ago

Neither explain "all" aspects of life.

Science actually has the goal of figuring out the mysteries of life, while religion already assumes it knows the answers.

1. Austinstar profile image85
      Austinstarposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yep- god did it. If it can't be explained by mankind, then a god must have been the one that did it.

2. feenix profile image56
      feenixposted 8 years agoin reply to this

An over-simplification engendered by snarkiness  and obnoxiousness just does not come off as well as one engendered by cleverness and a strong ability to discern the true nature of things.

3. Austinstar profile image85

Huh? Just stating your opinion back at you.

4. Link10103 profile image61
      Link10103posted 8 years agoin reply to this

What exactly was snarky or obnoxious about the statement feenix?

4. profile image53
    peter565posted 8 years ago

I have to go for science.  religion is a part of mythology.  Mythology frequently is use by people in the ancient world, to explain things they don't understand.  Today, science have explain most of it.  But stuff said in mythology should not be dismiss as none sense either.  There are a lot of things ancient people have notice through their thousand of years of history, they we won't notice, in 40 or 50 years.  But, not able to understand the science explain it with mythology. Today, we just dismiss it as voodoo none sense, but in reality, are science we are yet to understand. For example, astrologist believe a person's name can influence one's personality, this is now proven by psychologist. Ancient Chinese think, you can tell one's personality by looking at his face feature, this is also proven by modern biologist, saying there is a link between default personality and facial features.

1. Soraya Gazzaz profile image54
      Soraya Gazzazposted 8 years agoin reply to this

What ??? I am a psychologist and I never learnt nor read any articles that psychologists have proven one's name influence one's personality. Maybe the behavior but the personality is a trait.

2. profile image53
      peter565posted 8 years agoin reply to this

[ Maybe the behavior but the personality is a trait.] "Maybe behavior" close enough

5. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 8 years ago

Its sounds like you are doing everything you possibly can to make yourself believe, or continue to believe in religion. Science is the only method to explain the natural world. Religion explains NOTHING. 
    Science has proven itself time and again. The very computer that you are using to doubt science, is only possible because of science.
    If you've ever flown on an airplane, you are the beneficiary of science. You put your trust in the hands of science...not God.
    Can a bible explain the science behind aircraft? NO...the bible thinks that there is a firmament - and beyond that firmament is where God lives. Is that how we should have things explained to us?
    The bible is just mostly about killing, threats, and a lot of ridiculous outdated rules...with a few morals, and feel good stories sprinkled in to divert people's attention.

It's true. God is not the explanation for everything. Science doesn't know all the answers and is still searching. Religion stops looking and says to just 'have blind faith'.

2. profile image0

While you are more than qualified to speak for science, you are completely missing the point of religion. Let me clarify my point: I am not promoting one over the other. I am proposing what both have to offer. What you do with them is up to you.

6. profile image0
    Joshtheplumberposted 8 years ago

Ooh, nice one. Neither can possibly explain everything completely... By design. I found a solid bridge between the two while studying quantum physics. As I read a book explaining the nature of matter and energy, and the structure of the universe, it sounded eerily similar to eastern philosophy. However, what neither could provide was the answer to one simple question: why? Religions have endless answers to that question, but little scientific facts to support them. Science focuses more on... How? Does it help me in my daily life to know that if ax^2 + bx + c =0 then x = (-b +/-(sqrt(b^2-4ac)))/2a? Only if I need to know the x intercepts... But why would I need to know them? Does it help to know why a being (or beings) created these flesh suits for our consciousness to animate if we ignore studies which demonstrate what keeps said flesh suits alive and healthy? What it all boils down to is this: what is my purpose? The reality is that only I can answer that, as only you can proclaim what your purpose is. God, whomever or whatever that may be, I believe, would love to see us decide what that is and fulfill it.

kind of confusing math and science there, guy. Science can take your 'purpose in life' and make it faster, easier, better, cleaner, more wide spread, renewable and more. Religion keeps you in a hole that you can't crawl out of.

2. profile image0

Bigger, better, faster, more.
      For your consideration: Long you'll live and high you'll fly, but only if you ride the tide. When balanced on the biggest wave, you race toward an early grave.

3. Austinstar profile image85

We all are riding the same wave. It leads to the grave. No matter if you go fast or slow.

4. profile image0

You are most correct. How are you enjoying the ride? That's all that really matters... That's all you really have control over :-)

7. M. T. Dremer profile image85
    M. T. Dremerposted 8 years ago

Science tries to explain what we already know about life, but often leaves unanswered questions. Religion tries to answer the unanswered questions, but can't back up any of its claims.

8. Soraya Gazzaz profile image54
    Soraya Gazzazposted 8 years ago

very simple answer;
    If a religion is parallel to science that this religion is the truth...
    Good luck !!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)