How do you judge that the people you know trust you?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. m abdullah javed profile image74
    m abdullah javedposted 8 years ago

How do you judge that the people you know trust you?

We live with our family, relatives,  friends and colleagues... The healthy relationship with all rest upon mutual trust. How to judge that these people put their trust on us, what are it's parameters?

2. profile image0
    Keri OCreeneposted 8 years ago

Hi muhammad abdullah javed,

Being a student of psychology (and having a high intuition) I study people all the time. As I wrote in my Hub The Quantum Heart, people often follow one of two secret motives.

One group may be active in religion, appear to be spiritual, exhibit "good" or "bad" behavior, and be introverted or extroverted. Yet in actuality, they most value life, and worldly goods and pleasures. Their motives are rooted in experiencing all that “reality”, the human flesh, and Earth has to offer. These individuals do not spend significant amounts of time pondering the universe, our origins, the welfare of others, what happens after death, or the past, present, or future of humanity.

Another group lives and functions in society largely to survive. They work, may buy extravagant things, exhibit "good" or "bad" behavior, and be introverted or extroverted. Yet in actuality, they do not value life most, or worldly goods and pleasures. Their motives are rooted in experiencing the soul/spirit, self-actualization, and altruism. These individuals do spend significant amounts of time pondering the universe, our origins, the welfare of others, what happens after death, and the past present, and future of humanity.

If you study people, I have found that they fit into one of these two groups. I think you can guess which group I trust (weather they are related or not).

Keri

m abdullah javedposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's a nice comparison Keri, you have effectively elaborated the concept of trust and the way of coping with it. Thanks for the response.

3. tajoo profile image78
    tajooposted 8 years ago

'Actions speak louder than words'. Observe how people behave with you, if they trust you, you'll get to know by their actions, the way they share their secrets in front of you or if they ask for your advice. Trust is something built upon time, I cannot trust someone I met just yesterday or last week, so you are going to feel the sense of trust by the passage of time, you'll feel the change once they start trusting you. Just pay attention!

Exactly. Thanks for a profound reply.

4. Ericdierker profile image44
    Ericdierkerposted 8 years ago

A very fascinating question. There is a great deal that one can study and investigate in the area of trust. I am afraid that most trust is not earned. Just as often as not it is a matter of convenience. We end up trusting someone because we need them. Out of necessity we must rely on someone. Somehow we convince ourselves that the person can be trusted because we are going to rely on them anyway. Sometimes we just must unload our burdens of matters of the heart or our workload or commitments. Our responsibilities get so much that we need a hand.

If you are in with close friends and family. You will know when you are trusted by two things. First you will be the first option when there is a need. And secondly you will find yourself overwhelmed with carrying other peoples burdens. It is a truth; a child desires to be trusted and a father wishes others had more self reliance.
    I should never have shown off my handyman skills. Now my wife trusts me to do all manner of jobs around the house. And so now I have to do all manner of jobs around the house.

Very true Eric Dierker, your response simply reflect the essence of trust. Narration is quite pragmatic. Thanks for a profound reply.

2. Venkatachari M profile image83
      Venkatachari Mposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Excellent reply, Eric. I agree with you 100%.You have put it so clearly. Thank you for this wonderful message.

3. Ericdierker profile image44
      Ericdierkerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you much gentlemen. It is nice that we can share our thoughts on such matters that are worthy of our reflection.

4. m abdullah javed profile image74

Exactly Eric you are true, this HubPages  provides us with opportunities to share our views and built a platform to strive for the betterment.

5. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 8 years ago

By their actions you can see whether they are hypocrites or like a dog

Ooh... True but bit harsh.

6. zaynali profile image59
    zaynaliposted 8 years ago

This is kind of simple to me as i live with my family and families are the best friends ever you can trust and of course they'll trust you.. You know what i mean by family... I'm talking about my parents, brother and sister other than them there's no family to trust and secondly I’ve my best friends and they share everything with me that is for sure that they completely trust me as i know there all of the secrets and as well they know mine... smile

That's good Ahmed, keep it up,  just see how this trust builds your relationship with families and friends stronger? Thanks for the response.

2. zaynali profile image59
      zaynaliposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Of course bro smile

7. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 8 years ago

Javed, it is a very difficult thing to answer this. But mostly, you can judge them when you are interacting with them. From their face readings and behaviour. A honest, noble person will always be open minded in his actions. He does not try to hide his feelings or escape from realities. You can watch his eyes and face when talking with them or during their behaviour with you or others. Further, you will experience some intuition which tells you he is honest. You will find out within some time this attachment and honesty.

Very true Venkat Sir,  your response reflect your experience, you have given us a pragmatic explanation. Thank you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)