What was your Halloween night like last night?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 8 years ago

What was your Halloween night like last night?

Last night we had such a dreary, cold, windy and wet Halloween night that all the little darlings did not come out as usual due to the inclement weather.  However, the night did lend itself to the perfect conditions of a spooky Halloween night otherwise.  My husband and I watched a terrifying and spooky movie.  We only had one set of "Trick or Treaters" to ring the bell.  So, plenty of leftover chocolate for us. 

My grandchildren (Care Bear, Batman and Cheetah Girl ...don't ask about my son, their daddy and what he went as ...)  So happy they had a grand time at a party.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12723796_f260.jpg

2. bravewarrior profile image87
    bravewarriorposted 8 years ago

I only had one set of trick or treaters. They rang the bell and just stood there when I opened the door. I had to tell them to say, "trick or treat!". And yes, they were old enough to know how it goes.

Faith Reaperposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sha ...hahaha, yes, those older ones need to get a clue in more ways than one.  We normally have the cutest little ones but the weather wasn't cooperating this year.

3. Aime F profile image69
    Aime Fposted 8 years ago

My 3 year wanted to stay out trick or treating for almost 2 hours!  Lots of fun.  We got home and had probably 20 trick or treaters.  Then a fireman came to our door to inform us that the fireworks across the street had set our garage on fire... and while we were dealing with that, I put our bowl of candy outside the front door since we weren't in to hand it out, and someone emptied the entire bowl into their bag.  So didn't end so well.  But it was worth it to see my daughter having so much fun trick or treating.  smile

Oh, my Aime, you had an eventful night there! I'm happy your daughter had a fun time though. I hope you did not have too much damage from the fireworks! Thank you for sharing.

4. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 8 years ago

I was nearly weeping to see how excited my wife and our 5 year old were. They did not walk around they skipped. My son was Ironman. My wife grabbed the hand of another Ironman about the same size and the dad yelled "I'll give you yours back if you give me mine". Candy and all the fun with hundreds going out and coming by.
    A neighbor threw out flares at the end of the street to slow traffic down. It was a coming together of a neighborhood just for fun. New friends met and old ones hugged.
    Thanks for making me reflect what is important.

1. Reynold Jay profile image76
      Reynold Jayposted 8 years agoin reply to this

A little five year-old looked at the Snickers I was about to drop in her bag and said, "I don'lt like those!" and walked off before I could offer her another treat. Unfortunately it poured about half way through the allowed time and that was it!

2. Faith Reaper profile image83

Oh, what a joyful time for all! Your neighborhood does it up right! My grandson loves Iron Man too. I can sense the joy in your words. Happy your neighborhood has plenty of little ones and happy adults too who treasure happy times! Blessibgs

3. Jackie Lynnley profile image84
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Very funny Eric; would have made a great story if she had taken him home with you! huh? lol

4. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Jackie, by the time he is twelve the story will go more like that, if I know families.  LoL

5. Genna East profile image83
    Genna Eastposted 8 years ago

Hi Faith...

It wasn't as active as Halloweens in the past with fewer trick or treaters making the rounds.  Still, they are adorable; especially the little ones who grasp Mummy or Daddy's hand as they look up, expectantly, with shy looks that break into a broad grins when they reach into the plastic jack-o-lanterns and grab their treats.  I am pleased to see more parents following close behind in a car or walking their children throughout the neighborhood.  Your photo is so cute...am glad the grandchildren enjoyed the night's festivities. :-)

Hi Genna, yes, not so active here due to weather but many go to carnivals or pumpkin hay rides earlier in the week. The little ones are always so precious. Yes, happy to see the parents right there too! Grands had a grand time at a grand party : )...

6. profile image0
    Bob Bambergposted 8 years ago

We live in a 3-building condo complex (4 units each bldg) on a busy street about a half a mile from the center of town.  One would think that we'd be besieged by trick or treaters, but we aren't.  One of the buildings is along the street, but our building and the other one are in the back where it looks dark from the street, even though we have security lights that light up our little parking lot.  We had maybe a dozen of trick or treaters, two of whom were the kids in the unit to our left.  So...here I sit, lots of leftover candy which, I guess, I'll have to put on my big boy pants and eat.  Thank goodness we bought Snickers, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers and Twixt.  I'll kind of have to force down the Snickers, but I think I can do it. smile

Hahaha, yes, Bob, so sorry you have to force yourself to eat those terrible candy bars ..me too : ). Well, if you had a dozen that's more than we had. We usually have them coming in droves, but not this year.

7. tirelesstraveler profile image59
    tirelesstravelerposted 8 years ago

We went to a big 500+ party on the lawn of our church.  The grands took a while to warm up to the games, but when they did they rocketed themselves into it.  HJ was a rocket.  He and RA loved the blow-up slide.  Every time RA started up the slide she would run up to mommy, hold one finger up and say, "One more time".  She was Skye from Paw Patrol. It was lovely.  The temperature was about 75.  The evening lovely.
    We are doing a happy dance here today. It's 60 ish and raining.

Hi Judy, well, it sounds you everyone had a grand time in your neck of the woods this Halloween!  Their costumes sound adorable.  So glad the weather was perfect there for you and your grandchildren.  Happy dance all around for sure.

8. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 8 years ago

We live too far out of town to get trick or treaters. My grandkids did the trick or treat rounds in town though accompanied by their dad. I sat at home and watched a horror movie marathon..some nice scary stuff.

Hi John,  Yes, I can imagine you do ...but so happy your grandkids were able to do some trick or treating.  Interesting to know that Australia does Halloween.  My husband and I watched, "The Evil Within" and is was terrifying to say the least.

9. no body profile image67
    no bodyposted 8 years ago

My wife Christina and I were married 17 years ago on Halloween. I always try to make Halloween a sweet and sexy time. I made an eCard with funny, interesting facts and sayings on it and wrote her a poem (which I hadn't done since last Halloween). I pampered and babied her.

Then my children (who are grown) texted and wished us a "fun" time together.

It is a very unique thing when anniversary meets a fun-filled mischievous holiday like All-Hallow's Eve. So many of my Christian friends hate Halloween because of its dubious roots. I don't let that hinder our fun. We are not glorifying Satan or trying to top some evil ritual set in motion so many years ago. No we love kids and candy and even reach out to others to share Jesus on this night as well as have a blast together.

There are so many things for a couple to do that is fun on Halloween. People are always thinking up something new to add to the thousands of costumes. It just translates into one of the best nights of the year for us. This year I was "a starving beggar" looking for a hand out and she was "one of the royal family" communing with the peasants. (Of course after a while we became close friends like we do every Halloween). Bob

Hi Robert, Wow, thank you for sharing all of that here and Happy Anniversary!  Sounds like Halloween is certainly a lot more sweet than scary for you and your wife.  No glorifying Satan here either.  I love your wonderful answer and God bless you.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)