Is the Rubio Campaign finished?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image86
    RJ Schwartzposted 8 years ago

Is the Rubio Campaign finished?

Marco Rubio is cancelling appearances across Louisiana, Idaho, and other areas.  Is this a signal that he's finally ready to throw in the towel or is he concentration all funds on trying to win Florida?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12908814_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 8 years ago

I would assume that if he doesn't win Florida this could be the end of his campaign.

Now the GOP establishment has all their guns aimed at Trump and their "dirt diggers" are working overtime to find things they can use to nail Trump to the cross and force him out.  If they mine the right dirt on Trump it will boil down to a Rubio/Cruz battle for the nomination.

After watching the childish behavior demonstrated in last nights debate I'm not convinced either Trump or Rubio are adult enough to be our President.  That job requires a really cool head because they have their finger on the button that could cause the end of the world.

Perhaps there should be a mental evaluation by a panel of experts before a candidate is even eligible to run.

I actually believe that any of the remaining candidates could do a much better job as President than we have had for the last two terms.

We are quickly approaching the point where the party needs to get behind one candidate and start giving him their support.  By the time all the smear campaigns are over many of us could be convinced that all of them are far to corrupt to be our President.  But we have to keep in mind that much of those TV ads are pure fiction and learn to take them with a grain of salt.

1. tsadjatko profile image66
      tsadjatkoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Marco only won1state.Without FL he's done but he will stay in to the end.The estab.wants him&the rest to get enough delegates to keep Trump from getting the necessary quota.It's the estab.'s only chance to derail Trump at convention.

2. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The establishment will do whatever it takes to keep Trump from winning the nomination.  All the more proof it is time to get an insider in there to break it up a little.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
    bradmasterOCcalposted 8 years ago

Maybe Rubio has made a deal with Cruz in return for the VP position.

1. profile image0

You might be on to something there.

2. tsadjatko profile image66

Not a chance,Rubio is in it only to keep Trump&/orCruz from winning the primary so it goes to a contested convntion where the estab. can change the rules to allow their pick,Rubio, win.Rules can be changed day before or the day of convention.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
      bradmasterOCcalposted 8 years agoin reply to this

And the voters can change that on election day, and Hillary or Sanders win.

4. tsadjatko profile image66
    tsadjatkoposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12909053_f260.jpg

Marco Rubio, accusing Trump of being a con man?  That's the pot calling the kettle black, in spades.The Marco came to office on the back of the tea party movement which he used only to knock on the establishment Republican's door where he knocked and they said come on in good and faithful servant.

There is no secret NOW about what camp "The Marco" is in and that is why even though he has no chance of legitimately winning the nomination the establishment has him doing anything he can to take "The Donald" down a notch so together all the candidates can keep Donald from getting the required delegates thus leading to a contested convention. A convention that is run by the Republican establishment who can change the rules the day before or the day of the convention.

The Republican establishment has shown it's real self. It has morphed in the face of true conservatism (Cruz) which it now is repulsed by, into a version of the Democrat party, a kinder gentler version which becomes more like liberals every day using liberal tactics to eat their own .

How often have we seen Barachio Obama publicly articulate positions that are diametrically opposed to videos of him stating his positions taped years ago? Duplicity abounds and now we have Mit Romney, another establishment Republican of the donor class, the string-pullers of the establishment pulling an Obama duplicitous move.

Did you see his video of Mitt accepting Trump's endorsement in 2012? Compare it to what he said this week? Listen to what he said about Trump in 2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-e92jqug0w
    This week Romney says about Trump:
    "His is not the temperament of a stable, thoughtful leader," Romney declared. He called Trump "a phony" who is "playing the American public for suckers," a man whose "imagination must not be married to real power."

Now Trump is a phony? No! Trump isn't someone Mitt wants money from. Either he or Trump has changed a whole lot since 2012, I don't think it is Donald Trump, do you?

So much for the idea Mitt is this ethical, honest upstanding pillar of the Republican Party and a  "severely conservative Republican" as he put it, lol. He is nothing more than a hack for his establishment club which unlike Christie, Mitt is loath to abandon.

So get ready because if the establishment has its way, and they usually do, we are looking at a contested convention and if the establishment is willing to do what many think they will, it will be the end of the establishment's Republican Party but that could be a good thing.

1. profile image0

Well stated.  After that last debate Cruz is my guy.

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 8 years ago

I hope he's done. I mean, I don't dislike the guy, but I dislike the idea of him being POTUS.

He's older than I am, but he looks and acts like someone who is about 30 years old. His voice squeaks like an adolescents does, and he looks like he barely shaves.

Cruz isn't really any better. I think I honestly dislike every candidate going now other than Johnson, the libertarian who definitely won't be elected.

What a wank fest this all is. I'm embarrassed for the whole world.

1. tsadjatko profile image66

Wes the thing about Cruz is he is tested,legitimately the only candidate running who has always done what he says he will do & never flipflopping on conservative principles which all the others have done,except maybe Carson but he's untested.

2. profile image0

It looks like once again we will be forced to vote for the lesser of all the evils.  These debates have become nothing but a circus side show that earn millions for the sponsoring network, but tell us nothing about what they propose to do for us.

6. Old-Empresario profile image71
    Old-Empresarioposted 8 years ago

GOP leaders have publicly said that this Florida-focus is to be their strategy in getting potentially their strongest candidate since 1984 out of the primaries in a brokered election. I don't like Trump any more than the next person. But the people clearly want him. If the party screws its own people it will be screwing itself. But then Hillary Clinton is doing the same thing by cheating to beat Sanders.

7. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 8 years ago

He's probably trying to win Florida, because if he doesn't win his home state, his campaign IS finished.

8. Credence2 profile image77
    Credence2posted 8 years ago

He has done so poorly, I think that it is time to suspend his campaign efforts

1. profile image0

I agree with Credence2.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)