Is Donald Trump Showing Early Signs of Alzheimer's Disease?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 7 years ago

Is Donald Trump Showing Early Signs of Alzheimer's Disease?

This question had crossed my mind during the primaries and was recently highlighted in an article, based on Donald Trump's statements, memory lapses and behavior in public.  What do you think? 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5574031_f260.jpg

2. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 7 years ago

I think I get the gist of your intention by the question. But I somehow wonder if making mockery of Trump by suggesting he has this tragic disease is kind of being insensitive to the many many who suffer and their caretakers.
    But the answer is a definite no. What you consider bizarre behavior are not indicators.
    Wow that was a fast comment.
    But I think I could go into any stressful office setting and say the same things about half the people there. The other half are in therapy or on medications. LoL

Rock_njposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Both my parents suffered from this tragic disease, so I am certainly not making a mockery.  Just based on observations and then reading an article that highlighted Trump losing his train of thought and lashing out angrily.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image51
      bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

John
      I have to agree with Eric. You seem to focus on Trump when all political campaigners have these symptoms.
      You seem to have more of a problem on this subject than your suspected problem of Trump.

3. Rock_nj profile image90

Food for thought.  Google this topic.  There are articles discussing it in regards to Trump's behavior.

4. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I just scanned the headings for those articles. Interesting. Articles trying to make the case.
      Just from those quick reviews I definitely have the disease, or at least you could make a case for it. Although my Dr. disagrees.

5. Rock_nj profile image90

I am sorry Eric.  It is a horrible disease.  I hope with modern medicine it can be cured or at least treated, so people can live better lives in their later years.  They are zeroing in on the cause finally and better treatments are in the works.

6. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

John, I definitely do not have it. But I would say most of us lose our train of thought sometimes and most folks lash out when they are angry. Certainly Clinton and Sanders have both done it many times.

7. Rock_nj profile image90

There are signs that Trump's behavior, while traditionally boisterous, may be influenced by a cognitive disease.  Time will tell.  I just hope if elected he doesn't do something rash and not well thought out.

8. MizBejabbers profile image87
      MizBejabbersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Reagan had it and the country survived, but he wasn't the lash-out, narcissistic type. People loved him. He also had Nancy. Trump has his daughter but....

9. Alternative Prime profile image56
      Alternative Primeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Trump would absolutely do something "Rash or NOT well thought out", he's incapable of doing anything else, that's why they will NEVER give him the KEYs to OUR White House ~

3. profile image54
    peter565posted 7 years ago

Well, if he got Alzheimer then if he is elected as President, he is not able to serve, the Vice President would have to rule on his behalf.

1. MizBejabbers profile image87
      MizBejabbersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Why do people keep using the terms "rule" or "reign". The President serves, he is not a king or dictator.

4. RJ Schwartz profile image87
    RJ Schwartzposted 7 years ago

What an inappropriate question - I've seen the effects of Alzheimer's first hand and it's not a matter to make jokes, innuendos, or even remote references to.  Politics in America has degraded to a level no one expected but some things that are taboo should stay that way.

If you read my responses, you'd see that I've seen the effects of Alzheimer's first hand too.  it is appropriate when the person coming down with it may occupy the White House, given what they can do from that position.

5. Alternative Prime profile image56
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

When you answer the SAME Question with about four or five different ANSWERs within a short time span, as Trump consistently does, you're clearly exhibiting the signs of either a "Pathological LIAR" or a mentally compromised individual with Psychological Disorders ~ In either case, you are Disqualified from the Presidency of the United States ~ That aside, Trump does indeed have Anger Problems, Insecurity Issues, and other Psychological Problems which render him "Unfit" for Public Office, that's just obvious ~

Very LEGITIMATE Question because I'm sure many Americans are Observing the same severe "Memory Lapses" etc as the Questioner is and it could indeed be a serious issue ~

6. MizBejabbers profile image87
    MizBejabbersposted 7 years ago

I don't think he has Alzheimer's, but I do think he has some kind of personality disorder or mental illness. No need to go into an explanation because he does that so well himself.
    When he picks a running mate, people had better study that person very carefully because he/she could succeed Trump if Trump is elected President. Let's hope it is Sarah Palin. She would ensure defeat.

7. tamarawilhite profile image87
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

Scott Adams of Dilbert fame has discussed this extensively in his blog. Part of it is off the cuff answers that make him look authentic, part of it is vague answers to keep the press from pinning him down, part of it is A/B testing of ideas and reading the audience before repeating it for greater effect.

8. tirelesstraveler profile image60
    tirelesstravelerposted 7 years ago

Is this a question about character assination?

1. Alternative Prime profile image56
      Alternative Primeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Anyone who has followed Trump's "Bizarre Side Show" aka "Campaign to Destroy Congressional Republicans", will understand the FACT that he does indeed have severe Anger, Paranoia, Delusional & Mental LAPSE Issues which render him "UNFIT" ~

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)