My ex bathes my nine year old daughter?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)
  1. profile image52
    Genesiiposted 7 years ago

My ex bathes my nine year old daughter?

My husband and I are getting divorced and he currently has custody of my two daughters, ages 2 and 9.
    The oldest has Emotional Behavior Disorder and mild autism and Asberger Syndrome and has also been a witness to the emotional abuse her stepfather has done to me over some years. She and her sister are now the target of that abuse since I have left.
    She has told me many times - and so has he - that she sleeps in his bed with him on a regular basis and he bathes her even though I taught her how to do it herself. I have seen her get upset when she can't sleep with him. What do I do? HELP!!

2. Cynthia Hoover profile image90
    Cynthia Hooverposted 7 years ago

That's a really tough situation. Asberger syndrome is something I'm familiar with and usually change is an upset. So perhaps her behavior is reverting since you two have split. I would work with their doctors or a therapist so that everything is documented by a third party moving forward. A therapist will give you an idea if you have cause to worry about the situation. She may just be scared and not want to sleep alone at night. There are some great Autism support groups on social media as well, these would likely be a great support to you right now.

If you are worried that he is harming your girls you can always work with DCF for an investigation.

1. profile image52
      Genesiiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have called Child Protection Services as of yesterday, and they have pulled both my daughters out of his house and I am under the impression that they are being questioned now. The support groups don't touch on emotional abuse or sexual abuse...

3. ChristinS profile image40
    ChristinSposted 7 years ago

I really don't understand the need for a 9-year-old who is able bodied to still be bathed by a parent.  That being said, I won't judge the situation on that.  You said they are being abused so the obvious next step, if you believe that is true, is to call the police and/or to talk to child protective services.

4. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

You stated the oldest daughter has "Emotional Behavior Disorder and mild autism and Asberger Syndrome". She has also been a witness to the emotional abuse her stepfather has done to (you) over some years.
    Naturally if this was an ordinary 9 year old it would be a no brainer to say the girl should be taking baths alone. However with all that is going on it's not clear to me that she should be left alone in tub with all of her issues. A medical professional might help determine that.
    As far as a 9 year old wanting to sleep in a parent's bed is not necessarily something to be alarmed about especially when you consider all she has been through. Apparently you or a court decided she would be better off with him for one reason or another.
    You have to be honest with yourself. Do you really believe the child's father is a child molester? or Are you angry over custody decision?
    If you really believe the man you married is a child molester you should be contacting your local authorities instead of posting questions on HP. Call child protective services {if you believe} that!
    However search your soul to determine if that's what you really believe because if it's not your daughter will likely end up in a foster home as opposed to being with either of her parents over false allegations. You should do whatever is in the (child's) best interest!

1. profile image52
      Genesiiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The answer to why he has them is long and confusing, but in a nutshell, he gained custody of my oldest through lies and manipulation. As far as the abuse towards my daughter, it is far more complicated than you think. I will comment again.

5. profile image52
    Genesiiposted 7 years ago

I am of course angry about the custody issues, but that's being dealt with in court. He has been extremely abusive verbally toward me and my oldest daughter for years... He has always undermined my abilities as a parent, and a few times has even made me question my sanity, and I was driven at times to having suicidal thoughts because of his abuse...
    My oldest daughter regressed into toddler like behaviour, and starting acting out in school, and being defiant toward me, which I understand now to be a defense mechanism to protect herself. When I would approach her about certain things she would only tell me that she is afraid of her dad (who is not her biological father, but is the only father she knows) and that she can't tell me and would shut herself off from everyone emotionally.
    She has in the past told school officials this same thing, and a guardian ad Litem also, and because of his manipulation over her she is afraid to trust anyone but him, not even me... He manipulated the courts to get full custody of her and now since I left, he has targeted her more intensely for abuse, and now refuses to let me see or talk to either of the girls because of lies he has made up.
    I now know he has a narcissistic personality and is abusive with it. I am getting better, I am healing... But my daughter is still in Hell with him, and she is frightened and confused and in extreme emotional pain right now - I know she is, I'm her mother and I can hear it in her voice when I talk to her... I am grateful that her baby sister is there with her to keep her steady but they are both falling apart from all this.

I have called Child Protection Services recently and I am waiting to hear from them now. Filing a police report was fruitless because there was "no immediate danger and nothing to investigate" - at least that's what they told me... So no I am not being vindictive, or spiteful, or grasping at straws. I am a good mother who is a survivor of my husband's abuse, and I am trying to get my babies out of the hands of a monster.

Oh and by the way, he is a PASTOR at a church...

1. Cynthia Hoover profile image90
      Cynthia Hooverposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Aww honey I am so sorry your going through all this. I spent a fair amount of my youth in therapy after I reverted to an infantile state. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but situations like these tent to take a lot of time to resolve.

6. helenstuart profile image61
    helenstuartposted 7 years ago

I don't like it. Incest can come from a baby sitter, anyone the child looks to for support. I slept with and was alienated from everyone by my molestor, and she is telling you that there is something "she can't tell you." If you can't afford a lawyer, (and make sure it's a good one, I got a SORRY one) look up lawyers who work pro bono or on a sliding scale and do it now. I speak from TOTAL experience. You may be fighting CPS for your daughters, or they may do what they are supposed to do and WORK on RESOURCES to keep you together. But don't take a chance, since you left the house. Read up on it. They frequently ignore totally abused children and take those who are not abused, especially those with a diagnosis. I beg you to be PROACTIVE and get a lawyer first thing, today or tomorrow. Pay what you can, if you have anything. If you don't scour the area for a free legal service who does family law, and is passionate about your case. WORK with him or her on proving a case against your daughter's STEP father. A good lawyer MAY be able to get your daughters back and keep this out of court, but no promises. CPS is a monster.
    But your ex husband is a worse monster

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)