What are thoughts of Paul Ryan pushing Medicare change?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (20 posts)
  1. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 7 years ago

What are thoughts of Paul Ryan pushing Medicare change?

Actually he would like to phase it out completely.. He says it should be revamped when Affordable Care Act is repealed. The main points of his legislation proposals are privatize it, raising eligibility from 65 to 67, and it would take affect 2024 or for people 57 today.

2. Alternative Prime profile image57
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

it's a Paul Ryan / Republican / Koch Brothers SCAM ~ These WALL Street OWNED & Controlled ANTI-American Shills have been trying to Dismantle Social Security & Medicare for DECADEs ~ They will also attempt to STRIP Millions of Americans from their Healthcare if they can get away with it ~

ALWAYs Remember, when a Republican says "PRIVATIZE" it means "PROFITIZE 4 Corporations" ~

3. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 7 years ago

Tim this is a problem. I had a license and sold those wacky supplement plans -- that change by what is vogue and can sell.
    I honestly can not say I ever met someone on Medicare that was satisfied with it. And it seemed like it was the gov. bureaucracy that was screwing it up. My understanding of the VA is that it is the same and no one is satisfied there either.  Our medical the same. Doctors deplore it as far as I know. People can die of diseases that are not covered.

So this very intelligent man comes along and suggests changes. Well if it ain't broke don't fix it, but if it is broke get to work to fix it.
    Good issues here.

1. Alternative Prime profile image57
      Alternative Primeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

More GOP BS ~ Eric ~ I assume you don't live here in the U. S. or are simply manufacturing your answer ~ I know & live very close to at least one hundred individuals who are already Drawing Medicare Benefits & ALL are very satisfied ~

2. Ericdierker profile image46
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wow = really? Is this with or without a supplemental plan like G & F? Do they have Aetna, Blue Cross, Kaiser, United? I think you are referring to rich people who can afford, or took with them insurance with retirement. This is not Medicare - pri

3. Alternative Prime profile image57

What the BLAZEs R U talking about Eric? The Supplements R Free & The Cost of a Dental Plan is about $16 per mo, very reasonable ~ If God Forbid a relative ever needs EXTENSIVE Care you'll Swiftly DISCOVER how Valuable MEDICARE Truly is

4. Ericdierker profile image46

So cool AltPrime, This is just what it says on the United Healthcare website. I must be totally wrong. I sure made a lot of money pushing something that is free. I wonder why United paid me so much -- kindness I suppose.

5. Alternative Prime profile image57

U R "Totally WRONG" Eric because nobody I know pays 4 a Medicare Supplement, at least not here in Civilization ~ There R Numerous "Supplemental Co's" here in Cali & they do have field representatives who get paid but not from participants

6. Ericdierker profile image46

OK

7. Alternative Prime profile image57

FINE ~ At least we're clear on the TRUTH ~

8. Ericdierker profile image46

OK. Perhaps you can tell when I am being sarcastic.

9. Alternative Prime profile image57

NOPE, I need a Road Map, just like the world needs with "Delusional Donald" ~

10. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years agoin reply to this

A friend here in Ohio retired, received $850/month SS Retirement in 2016; his wife gets $300/mo. They cannot afford Medicare Part B. Here, the first 2 United Healthcare supplements are $0, the next is $36, the next is $117 and then I stopped reading.

11. Ericdierker profile image46

Patty, selling that stuff was soul sapping. Praying on the great worries of our elders is just disgusting. I think we could do better. Your example is just too much the norm.

12. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Eric, I have medicare, but his plan I don't think will affect me??? Anyway, you are right about Medi-gap. There is a fear tactic (Whose?) with it since it is catastrophic coverage mixed with out-of-pocket. I can't afford. I just pray . . .

13. Alternative Prime profile image57

Well Eric, we can always do "BETTER" with everything but NOT by "RAISING" the Retirement Age which is already 2 HIGH ~ If Hillbilly SCAMMER Paul Ryan had his way, the first SS Check an American Received would be 2 pay 4 his/her OWN Cremation

14. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The legislature under Ronald Reagan voted to gradually raise the age for SSR to 75 soon, the charts are in print, & the age can be raised at any time without warning. Medicare - I don't know the schedule for raising the age.

15. Alternative Prime profile image57

Patty ~ The Retirement Age is 65 for a DISCOUNTED SS Benefit or 67 for FULL Bens which means about the same time U get your first SS Check, you'll be getting FITTED 4 your "CANE & Wheel Chair" ~ Wait til' Trump FANz start DIGGIN' into this SCAM

4. jo miller profile image94
    jo millerposted 7 years ago

I think it will be disastrous, but I think they will definitely try.  Let's see if the American people will stand up to this.  .

The only part of Medicare that doesn't work now is the drug coverage.  It doesn't work because it is exactly the type of program Ryan is pushing for all of Medicare.  It helps drug companies, not Medicare recipients.  It was passed during a Republican administration.  Now, they want to do that to all of Medicare.  Get ready.

1. Alternative Prime profile image57

"DISMANTLING" Medicare & Social Security is a SCAM Paul Ryan & other CONservatives have been PEDDLING 4 YEARs ~ Even those who unwittingly VOTED 4 Trump are FEELING Betrayed ~ The SCAM?? 20% Tax CUT 4 WALL Street & Medicare CUTs 4 AMERICA

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)