What does Jesus/bible say about how to enter heaven

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (38 posts)
  1. profile image53
    SLSWEETposted 7 years ago

What does Jesus/bible say about how to enter heaven

I come from a long lineage of Catholic belief.  I believe in 1 God and have accepted Jesus as my personal savior.  I speak to Jesus/God almost on a daily basis though I rarely ever pray.  I am not a church going or "religious" person but I am very spiritual and practice mindful living.  According to my father I am not going to heaven because I don't tend church. Can someone please enlighten me?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13477191_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 years ago

I'm not a Church guy either, but the Lord and I have an agreement: I don't do anything to piss Him off, and He doesn't strike me down with lightning.
    So far it's been working fine for both sides.

1. Kiss andTales profile image61
      Kiss andTalesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Also it is logical that he listed all the dangers of your bible. And gave us credit for Jehovah's name.
      But to say we are corrupt with no list is not proof of anything. he could have easliy listed what was so corrupt like NKJV.
      He does not.

2. profile image57
      KingdomComeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I knew the New World Translation is corrupted long before I heard of Michael Todd. There is no word that can be tranlated into the word Jehovah from the Greek and Latin text of the NT. That's just one of many reason why the NWT is corrupt.

3. Kiss andTales profile image61

KC here are some Refs that also validate the bible is satanic.
      By Terry Watkins. ( Counterfeit ) the symbol.
      Let God be true.
      James A Melton.
      And many more if you have the research time.
      Everbody can not be wrong.
      But you are !

4. profile image57

K&T don't sit there and try the preach your JW garbage to me.

5. profile image0
      lindaspeaksposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You don't have to be a church goer to accept Lord in your life. Because once you have Jesus in your life your body becomes the Kingdom of God. So you would want to make him made because He is in you.

3. Blessed Hill profile image61
    Blessed Hillposted 7 years ago

For one, heaven is not a believer's final destination, it's only a temporary stop over so we can attend the marriage feast of the bride. Once that is over and God has created a new heaven and a new earth then we are coming back to rule and reign on the earth as kings and priests. The bible says eternal life is knowing God, and that starts when we receive Jesus Christ as Lord and saviour here on earth. Believers need to stop trying to get to heaven, we were not created to live there. God wants to come and live with us on the earth. Even the Lords prayer says, "...thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on EARTH as it is already being done in heaven. " We have made everything upside-down. Preacher's are trying to get everyone to heaven and God is wanting to come us on the earth. Which is why a lot of Christians are ineffective in living in victory now. They think they have to get to heaven before they will have victory over the struggles on earth. If just understand how much God desires to habitat with us here we will see the world change for the better.

KC why do you have to focus on me .And what bible are you commparing.I use a bible that it refs is from Hebrew and Greek original.yours KJV and NKJV
      1600"s to Now .Missing info in your choice of bible.
      Jehovah at Psalms 83:18 taken out NKJV

2. profile image57

K&T- You will note that I DID NOT compare any bibles in my comment, did I? I was merely informing SLSWEET to be aware and careful of the false JW agenda. JW's are very sneaky of how they draw people into their CHURCH. I don't have an agenda like

4. profile image57
    KingdomComeposted 7 years ago

Here is a verse in the bible that may answer your direct question. In John 3:5 (NKJV) which states: 5 Jesus answered, " Most assuredly, I say to you unless one is born of water and Spirit, he CANNOT enter the Kingdom of God.

If you study in the four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John you will see that Jesus Christ entire ministry was centered on the subject of the Kingdom of God. John 3:5 is the only verse that explains HOW to enter. Focus on studying the Kingdom. There are 13 or so Kingdom parables mostly found in Matthew chapter 13. Also The "Sermon on the Mount" found in Matthew chapters 5-7 also explains in more detail about the Kingdom of God (Heaven).

It took me nearly 10 years of study before I realize Jesus main focus of His teachings was the Kingdom of God.

The Catholic church will teach you nothing about the Kingdom of God or how to enter. As a matter of fact most churches won't.

I hope the best for you in your studies of His Kingdom.

God bless.

Based on Michael Todd the NKJV is a deadly bible translation that you are using in your comments here because it has omitted valuble infomation.
      It even connects it to satan worship.
      You are trying to keep the truth hidden

2. profile image57

It's odd that you mention Dr. Michael E. Todd, because he also said that the JW's New World Translation is CORRUPT.

The point is that is his opinion without anything listed as proof. Now all you can say is that opinion. Your NKJV is Deadly meaning satanic.
      I was very aware of the word he used .but he does not list his reason. That means no ligit reason

4. profile image57

Your hypocrisy is very clear. And you trust the word of a Baptist minister Dr.Michael E Todd. Your hypocrisy is much worse than I first thought.

5. Kiss andTales profile image61

Well anyone can examine and see for themselfs that the NKJV is messed up as Dr M Todd says. I learned this from another source .but he validated more details.
      Now you say baptist are hypocrits.Well everyone is let you tell it when exposing truth.

6. profile image57

No, to make it more clear I think you and JW's in general are hypocrites. Dr Michael Todd said the NWT is corrupt, but you didn't bother to mention that part. That's what I mean when I said JW's are sneaky.

7. Kiss andTales profile image61

esoteric bible is satanic. You never said it was not. But you are angry that you and its use is exposed.

We do not support any works of  satan .but it is very clear you do , that is why you are at war with JW.
      anyone that disagrees is your enemy.

8. profile image57

K&T-You and JW'S are part of the harlot church system.

9. Misfit Chick profile image75
      Misfit Chickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

U R both right. The KoG within was Jesus' core teaching; but it wasn't originally twisted with pagan rituals. Jesus' actual message was more like Buddha's & other 'holy men' throughout human history. Christianity is changing. C my 1st spot hub.

5. dashingscorpio profile image80
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13479204_f260.jpg

Luke 17-21 pretty much says it all.
    "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is (within you)"
    Church is primarily a business whose goal is to grow it's membership and gain influence around the world.
    I don't believe it's necessary to join a church in order to connect spiritually with God. After all God is everywhere!
    You don't need a "middle man" to tell you what you read and learn and on your own. You also don't need to get mixed up in "church politics" and gossip that goes on in most churches these days. It's also known for having too many hypocrites.

1. profile image53
      SLSWEETposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for your answer.  That is EXACTLY how I feel.  I was just unable to put it in to prospective like you did.  Very helpful.

6. Kiss andTales profile image61
    Kiss andTalesposted 7 years ago

SLSWEET
    I it a pleasure to meet you and I must say we all as humans have had questions like yours in our own life
    So many share their own experience here.
    For me I will share what I have been most greatful and happy about.
    You will be happy to know that your question can be answered by Jesus from the bible.
    To start there must be a good understanding of what Kingdom means, In Jesus time Kingdom was a word for Government.
    Notice this scripture explains it very clear
    Da 7:14 And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed.

Jesus is a King anointed by the Heavenly Father Jehovah(YHWH )
    Palms 83:18.
    Now understand that there are two hopes for particular groups of humans
    In future.
    Goverments here on earth everyone can not rule in one seat.
    They are elected by vote.
    They win and one person is a representative for the people.
    According to the prayer Jesus taught us it says at .Mt 6:10 Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.
    The point here is that humans have been praying for a Heavenly Government that will take care of earths affairs.
    That Government will provide all that earth would need it would certainly be like Heaven.
    Have you ever been in a store like walgreens and you go to another location and they are just alike inside.
    Earth will be heavenly too based on Jesus rulership from Heaven.
    At present future citizens are being educated in how to be under this wonderful provision of Jesus
    Mt 24:14 And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

The citizens are a great crowd of people that is mention in Revelations 7:9 After this I saw, and look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands.
    The small group of humans that were picked to be Jesus corulers are also mention in number.
    Re 14:3And they are singing what seems to be a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders, and no one was able to master that song except the 144,000, who have been bought from the earth. Only small number go to Heaven to rule.

1. profile image57

SLSWEET- Be very care about anything K&T mentions to you. She is a JW and will take many verse from the bible out of context to suite the JW agenda.

2. Kiss andTales profile image61

Isa 45:18 For this is what Jehovah says, The Creator of the heavens, the true God, The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it, Who did not create it simply for nothing, but formed it to be inhabited: “I am Jehovah,,,

7. manatita44 profile image69
    manatita44posted 7 years ago

I feel that you already know the answer. The inner voice is always talking to us, and the purposes of spiritual practice, loosely speaking, is so as to listen to it and respond to its needs. Conscience is nothing other than the voice of God.

Your text reads like you are doing well, so I won't worry too much. God is your salvation, not man. What does Jesus say about Heaven? Well, you know He speaks of Heaven. That's great! This is a promise of something real; someplace real. An everlasting friendship with the only One who can give you happiness, the Supreme or Absolute Itself.

A Church is a group of like-minded people getting together for the purpose of pursuing an idea, leading  leading to freedom (God-discovery). All Path's speak of the necessity of the group. In Buddhism it is called the Sangha or community. The idea is that the group practice can strengthen you as much as your individual practice. Both are necessary. Still, always be with like-minded people or you will be pulled in a way not condusive to the Soul's growth.

Heaven is inside your Heart and apart from the God-man, a Christ, if you like, no one else knows how you are doing. The spiritual journey is a most sacred and personal one.

Speaking to Jesus is a form of prayer, even if silent and the more advanced you are, the more you will value Silence. Nevertheless, both verbal and non-verbal prayers are necessary.

Jesus wants you to be kind, compassionate, empathetic and give of yourself selflessly to all God's lambs: Mankind.Selflessness is an outpouring of the Heart to others, but from a position of strength. Never try to give if you do not have. This comes from self-love, a negative and not a positive quality and one which can only bring you harm.

Pray daily at set times, in the stillness of the morn and night, ask for guidance; read the writings of the Saints and read the Gospels. Avoid the complicated bits. The spiritual life is very simple and all-embracing.

Religion has its role too. However, if you have outgrown it, then move on! God speed!

1. profile image53
      SLSWEETposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you manatita44 for your comment.  Your beautiful explanation really resonates with much of what I feel but has added more depth to it. You gave me much to think about.

2. manatita44 profile image69
      manatita44posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. Glad that you are seeking.
      Avoid those with the intellect. Be simple. Be like the crying child before the Lord. This is the path of devotion and the sweetest and safest way.

KC my last post to you I do not have time to go back and forth with you to save your face of exposure. You will not admit truth.
      Do not post to me again.

8. profile image0
    johnmariowposted 7 years ago

I recently read a Catholic book titled "The Imitation of Christ" which simply stated that we should do as Christ did.

Every day that we do as Christ wants us to do is a day we are keeping holy.

What Christ wants us to do is very evident in His teachings and in the Ten Commandments. But it can be summed up in three words Christ spoke to his apostles; "Love Thy Neighbor."

Love is the basis of all Christian religions. Our Lord will judge each one of us by what is in our hearts. Church communities were given to us to help us along our way.

Jesus said that no one shall enter the Kingdom of Heaven except by Him. In John 10:7 Jesus states that He is the Gate by which sheep shall enter.  I think this means that Jesus alone will decide who enters the Kingdom of Heaven.

9. profile image36
    haaldopposted 7 years ago

i also want to know what to do to enter in heaven plz tell me

regards

haaldop.com

haaldop that is a question most people have.
      But think about it Adam and Eve perfect was given earth as their paradise home. And everything was under their subjection animals and plantlife and a purpose to make paradise universal.
      Earth was Heaven

2. Kiss andTales profile image61

According to this scripture the earth will always be for man.
      Ps 115:16 As for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah( Psalms 83:18), But the earth he has given to the sons of men.
      We pray the lords prayer to ask that his will be on earth like Heaven.

10. Gyanendra Mocktan profile image79
    Gyanendra Mocktanposted 7 years ago

I think the church is made of bricks and walls. But Jesus is within you. I too was educated in Catholic School. If I am able to write and read in English these days, it's because of those priests who had guided me well.  I knew in those days how deeply they were guided by Jesus. I knew about myself too
    how Jesus guided me.  Now for over 40 years, I know that He still guides me.

But I never go to church. Thank you.

11. profile image0
    lindaspeaksposted 7 years ago

The only way to get into the Kingdom of God is through his son Jesus by accepting Him as your Lord and Saviour and He will guide through all truth.

1. Deon Steyn profile image60
      Deon Steynposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Amen.

2. profile image0
      lindaspeaksposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The bible says, to get into heaven which is the Kingdom of God, you have to be born again. To be born again you have to be born of by the water and the spirit.  Read St. John 3:3,5

12. Hilda Akita profile image60
    Hilda Akitaposted 7 years ago

According to John chapter 3 you must be born of water and of the Spirit. When you accept Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour, His Spirit comes into you and dwell with you. As you commune with Him, His gifts and fruits start manifesting in our lives. He teaches us how to live our lives and if we are obedient to His word everyday, eventually you would go to heaven. Jesus said; if you Love me, obey my commandments.
    Now, Bible said, "forsake not the gathering of the saint"- Hebrews 10:25; there's a reason for that verse. Let's look at the life of Jesus here on earth. He was with His disciples all the time and also gathered the townspeople and taught them; that's what church is all about, so it's not wrong to go to church to listen to the Word of God because it's an institution from God. However you have to read the Bible for yourself and understand it better to strengthen your relationship with God.
    When Paul taught the people the scriptures, he said the people of Berea were wise, because after the teaching, they go back to the Bible to read and understand for themselves better.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)