IF HP Powers-that-Be, asked all members for one IDEA to improve our writing site

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)
  1. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 6 years ago

IF HP Powers-that-Be, asked all members for one IDEA to improve our writing site....

What would you suggest and why?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6308216_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

Who is in charge of the Facebook pages for the various niche sites? Whoever they are they need to crank it up a bit and make them more active - perhaps by sharing a few of the newest articles from "their" site each day.

fpherj48posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good suggestion, Keith....but I also think HP should hire a full-time Gate Keeper/Security Guard at the Question & Answer site!!

3. gregas profile image82
    gregasposted 6 years ago

My answer in this one too is, I would like to see HP go back to the format of 6 years ago for both hub pages and hub-hopping.
    They have just made things more complicated and less fun.

Thanks for contributing, Greg.  We can only keep hoping that one day, someone UP THERE will listen to us.

2. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

HubPages was lovely when I joined.  There was such freedom here.

4. wrenchBiscuit profile image68
    wrenchBiscuitposted 6 years ago

Knock of the Censorship! It's ironic that so many writers who claim to be patriotic on this site (many who have never served in the armed forces as I have) accept and actually encourage censorship. Censorship as it is practiced here is the antithesis of freedom.

Furthermore, writers are indirectly encouraged "not" to write controversial topics because if we do our Hubs are not monetized. For instance, if anyone writes an essay about sexual assault, terms like "rape", and "sexual assault", will trigger their censorship bots. It's quite ridiculous, frustrating, and fascist.

However, sites like "Ello" allow about any type of language, as long as you are not directly threatening someone, or promoting illegal activities. People can even post nude photos if they like; as it should be! People who own a human body, but who are afraid of the human body, are truly freaks of nature! However, I have not yet posted any nude photos of myself since most men are not this well endowed. I feel it would be cruel to highlight the difference.

Ronnie....Good Idea!  I've often felt like we're in a time warp, in a 3rd. world country with backward, outrageous, old world beliefs like needing "Book-Burning!!"  Thanks.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Remember that the censorship is Adsense's fault, not HubPages.   If HubPages breaks Adsense's rules, they will lose their Adsense account and that means NONE of us would be able to earn money.

3. fpherj48 profile image60

Thank you, Marissa. I appreciate this info because I did not know this. If HP has apprised us of this, I definitely missed it. I suppose that's why we have knowledgeable, long time members like Urself, to render reality checks. Head's up all!

4. Shyron E Shenko profile image68
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Ronnie, you are right, sometimes our hubs are banned because they can't take the facts if it presented in our writing even if it is true.

5. lisavollrath profile image94
    lisavollrathposted 6 years ago

I would like to see the whole Answers section reworked:

* Switch to moderating questions before they're posted, rather than after, to eliminate all the spam. Moderate them hard: if a question has been asked repeatedly before, or isn't about something that might lead to writing a new article, it doesn't belong here.

* Remove the up and down voting of answers. All responses are welcome, even if we disagree with them. If an answer is that bad, the asker has the option of removing it.

* Close questions to new responses after one year. There are questions on the hottest list that were asked five or more years ago, and have dozens of answers. At a certain point, it just becomes noise.

Lisa....Yes,  Yes & YES!  All excellent & much-needed improvements.  Thanks.  smile

6. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

Write a specific article for the Learning Center about proper usage for Amazon capsules, examples, and the editorial policy for the Niche sites. For instance, at the Forums consensus seems to be no more than two capsules. And, using capsules are frowned on and in-text links are wanted.

Write an article for the Learning Center about Niche sites and its strategy. Place a link at the Main Help page for it. Include a link to the main editorial page in it. Explain briefly what the main topic is for each site. Create a topic tree page for the Niche Sites using the categories and link to it in the article.

Put the Niche Sites in the FAQ.

Great response, Tim...."They" may also want to more firmly and regularly stress the importance for "new" members to actually study the learning center!  Thanks.

7. Oscarlites profile image69
    Oscarlitesposted 6 years ago

The one single most important change that should have already been made is, we should be allowed  free use of meta-tags in the wide open internet.  Everything we do on here is hid from internet search access.

Thank you for your wise suggestion.  I appreciate your input.  We can always "hope" some of our ideas will be considered.  smile

8. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 6 years ago

Hello Fellow-writers....Want to thank all of you who have submitted answers.  They are all important and I appreciate your participation.
    I just now sent a link to this Q&A with a note, to TeamHP.
    I am as sick & tired of the "Thumb's-Down Bandits" running rampant through our site, wreaking havoc and creating stress for the rest of us. 
    We all know Team needs to take a look at this situation...there should not even be a thumbs-Up or Down on the Questions.  Each OP--author of the question is capable of moderating the answers that are posted. 
    In this particular case, I had accepted and appreciated each answer.  No one has a right to intrude on MY Question and choose to click for evil kicks!   Oh, the immaturity and stupidity of these Morons with no lives.
       Love you guys!   I've asked HP to return the Hidden answers into the main thread.  Paula

9. RJ Schwartz profile image88
    RJ Schwartzposted 6 years ago

Take away the ability for writers to moderate comments - there should be a mediator from HP to remove the spam, but not those which disagree with the piece.

RS....There are numerous writers who agree with you, including myself.  The fewer means by which the trolls can play their mindless games, the better.  Paula

10. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

I would like to see the HubPages Ad Program become available to those who are not Google Adsense eligible.

The reason being that it disconnects many people from using HubPages as effectively to earn money.  Also, for those in countries that are excluded from running Google Adsense.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)