Rejected adsense application over "domain ownership" issues

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Kella Hanna-Wayneposted 5 years ago

I recently applied for a google adsense account through Hubpages and received notice that I was denied due to "domain ownership" issues.

I looked through Hubpages forums to see if anyone had this problem before and someone did. The only solution proposed was, I think, from a Hub staff member, that they had to contact team@hubpages.com and they were the only ones who could fix the issue.

I contacted the team, explained my problem and provided my information. I heard back that I needed to cancel my current Adsense account and reapply through Hubpages.

Only there are two problems:

First problem:  I cannot cancel my account. I looked up in adsense's help section how to cancel your account and the first step is to go to settings in the left menu. But because my account is still in limbo and not approved, the "settings" section that I would go to, to cancel it, is greyed out.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/14082923_f1024.jpg

Second problem:  I applied through Hubpages in the first place. So why would reapplying through Hubpages again produce a different result? I asked if they could provide specific instructions for applying through Hubpages to make sure I wasn't somehow missing a step, because I already followed the pretty sparse instructions provided in the learning center.

I responded to the Team's email pointing out these issues. They said I should go ahead and click "I confirm I've resolved these policy issues" on the adsense page and then cancel my account. Then they gave me the link to the earnings page and said to apply through Hubpages through there-- the same place I applied in the first place.

I went ahead and checked the box that says I've resolved the issues and.... the settings item on the menu is still greyed out. I can't know for sure but I'm guessing they will re-evaluate my application, find the same problem, and I'll be stuck back on the first screen again.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/14082933_f1024.jpg

So now, it looks like I have a problem that can't be fixed unless the Hubpages team fixes it but they are insisting that I need to somehow apply through Hubpages in a different way that they won't tell me about to make that happen and also somehow cancel my account through google adsense which I can't do.

Has anyone successfully gotten this issue resolved before? Is there a magic word I need to use with the Team to get them to fix it?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do you or do you not already have an Adsense account elsewhere?  If you do, you can use that code on your HP account because you can only have one account.   However, you must have at least 10 featured articles on HP before you apply.

Do you already have 10 articles?

I suspect that Adsense sees that you are trying to open a second Adsense account, which they will not allow you to do.

I would not cancel my Adsense account.  Once you do, getting a new one can be very difficult if not impossible.

Worst case scenario, delete the articles you have on HP, close your current account and then open a new one.  Then put 10 hubs on it and wait for them to be featured.  After that, do a new "sign on" using the Adsense code you already have.

You may also want to resend your request directly to Robin to see if she can provide additional help.

1. profile image0
        Kella Hanna-Wayneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I do not have any other Adsense account and I have 10 articles, all of which are Featured. As I said before, I followed the instructions on how to apply for adsense provided in the Hubpages learning center.

As I said, I can't cancel my adsense account, but the Hubpages team has told me that's what I should do.

Who is Robin and how do I contact them directly?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Robin is Paul Edmonson's wife.  She works on the HP team and is very helpful in sorting out complicated situations like this.  Just email the team and put "attention Robin"  on the subject line.  She'll take it from there.

If you have no other Adsense accounts and do have 10 featured articles, then there is probably some sort of glitch that occurred when you tried to apply.  There should be no reason why Adsense is rejecting you, unless you pressed an incorrect button or have work online that you have forgotten about , such as a blogger account, for which you created an Adsense account.

2. profile image0

Also, is google adsense in the habit of rejecting you due to lack of content or due to multiple accounts but then telling you they are rejecting you for a completely different reason?

2. profile image0
    Kella Hanna-Wayneposted 5 years ago

This is the reason google adsense gave me for rejecting my application:

"Domain ownership: To complete the AdSense approval process, you need to connect your site to AdSense. It’s so we can confirm you're the owner of the site and that your site meets the AdSense policies. To connect your site https://hubpages.com/@kellahanna-wayne, copy the code from your AdSense homepage and paste it into the HTML of your site immediately after the <head> tag. Note that this code shouldn’t be loaded dynamically. You should also make sure to place the code on a page that receives traffic."

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You don't need to do that. It's something everyone receives but is sorted out simply by adding your Adsense code to HubPages.

Try logging into Adsense and see if you can spot a code anywhere. It'll begin with ca-pub-xxxxx If you can get that, paste it into your HP configurations: https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/

You can get Robin at team@hubpages.com Just put 'FAO Robin: Adsense issues' or something in the subject line and it should reach her.

Edit: the problem might be because you have given your site as hubpages.com followed by your username. I'm pretty sure it should be just hubpages.com.

1. profile image0

There is already a code like you mentioned listed in the adsense section on my earnings page and it's listed as active.

I don't remember whether I entered the URL with my username or that was just what showed up, but I don't think it says anywhere in the guidelines that you should enter just hubpages.com.

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

On my adsense sites page, all the HP sites are listed as just .com. There is no mention of my HP username.

If your code is in and active, everything should be fine smile Just give it a few days and see what happens.

1. profile image0

Okay, it had the code listed and said active when I received the rejection though.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image91
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

Are you showing any earnings? If so then your AdSense os working.

1. profile image0

No I am not showing any earnings on my rejected adsense account.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image91
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

What about on your HP earnings page?

1. profile image0

That's where I looked.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image91
        Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh, sorry. That would show your HP earnings, but if there are not even a few pennies, it seems you are correct in thinking that your AdSense is not working. I'm so sorry you're having this problem. It must be really frustrating.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)