What is more important to you good health or an abundance of wealth?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Donald Payne profile image61
    Donald Payneposted 13 years ago

What is more important to you good health or an abundance of wealth?

Obesity is ranked as one of the number one killers in the country. It is closely related to, Diabetes, Heart Disease and high Cholesterol. Yet most people refuse to take evasive action to combat the possibilities. Success should incorporate a healthy lifestyle.

2. HappyHer profile image54
    HappyHerposted 13 years ago

Good health by a long shot.  If I have good health, I can be of best service to my family and my community, I have the opportunity to pursue making more money, or doing just about anything else I put my mind to.

3. Shawn Scarborough profile image67
    Shawn Scarboroughposted 13 years ago

Good health is the most important thing.  Having wealth and not being able to enjoy it because of poor health would be a waste.  As a healthy person you can follow your dreams and may achieve wealth along the way.  Even if I never attain wealth, I can still enjoy life because I am healthy.  I'd rather be poor and healthy than wealthy and sick.

4. True Blue Tips profile image61
    True Blue Tipsposted 13 years ago

This is an interesting question.  Having good health seems to be the logical answer but if you don't have money you might not be able to afford clean food and water, have a gym membership, proper clothes and shoes, supplements, etc.  So, I'm going to go against the natural answer and choose money.  The more money I have the more healthy alternatives I can afford.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Smart, intelligent answer indeed.  Money is determinant of health status.  More money affords a more healthier lifestyle; conversely, less money affords a lifestyle bereft of health. Finally, someone w/brains!

5. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Good health ofcourse.  I agree that we have a rather unhealthy lifestyle and too much money that we are stuffing our selves more than any other generation did.

6. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 13 years ago

Good health...while sufficient money is needed for healthy food, there are many options for staying in shape that don't cost money...and the combination will end up saving a LOT of money on medical bills. Besides that, I can't take my money with me when I die, so why would I sacrifice part of my life for it?

7. profile image0
    Always Greenerposted 13 years ago

Good health - because then you can go about gaining an abundance of wealth.  Money without health is a bit like driving a car without wheels.

8. glgoyal profile image60
    glgoyalposted 13 years ago

In present scenario both have equal importance,
    but with out money you can live,while with out good health
    life is miserable,one can find his own answer

9. A_K profile image72
    A_Kposted 13 years ago

How true is the age old dictum: If wealth is lost nothing is lost; if health is lost something is lost, but if character is lost everything is lost.

10. NP.QUEEN profile image70
    NP.QUEENposted 13 years ago

No doubt . Good health is very very important.If the wealth is more and health is less  then how we can enjoy our life ???
    so first preference for good health itself.

11. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 13 years ago

In a nutshell, good health.

Your health is your true wealth. Being healthy is not only limited to your body, it is your mind, your attitude and having positive thoughts.  All of which is and can be used to create wealth.

Your health: Maintain it and upgrade it folks!!

12. profile image53
    unnakpepe777posted 9 years ago

Good health is more important for me.
    hungry4veg.tk

13. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Wealth.  With wealth, I can afford all the latest/advanced medical/health care.  If one has good health & poor, what good is that if something happens & h/she can't afford medical/health care.  Be logical, abundance of wealth is FAR MORE important than so-called good health!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)