chakras

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (29 posts)
  1. lovetherain profile image80
    lovetherainposted 5 years ago

I am getting a lot of energy coming up from my second chakra. I am not sure why as I have no issues with that chakra, I've been dealing with third chakra issues.

So I'm not sure what could be going on there.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
      Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Go to your third eye. It will take care of the issue. smile

lovetherainposted 5 years agoin reply to this

i don't think im ready to deal with higher chakras.

no time like the present ready or not. how many life-times do you WANT?

I don't know

MORE?

I don't know either. We are so identified with our little solid selves.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

In what way from your second chakra? are you going into escape (from reality, guilt, hard-work) mode?

I feel the energy originating in my lower abdomen. It might not be my second chakra. It might be my lower tandian, where subtle energy is stored. I am thinking this might be the case,as I have no second chakra issues that I am aware of.

tandian. too lazy to look it up. out of my comfort zone I guess.

1. MizBejabbers profile image88
            MizBejabbersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I looked up "tandian," and all I could come up with was a village in India or somebody by that name. I've been doing Hindu meditations and studied DK for years and had not heard of tandian either. I'm stumped.

lol I meant dantian I am a dope

Dantian, dan t'ian, dan tien or tan t'ien is loosely translated as "elixir field," "sea of qi," or simply "energy center." Dantian are the Qi Focus Flow Centers, important focal points for meditative and exercise techniques such as qigong, martial arts such as t'ai chi ch'uan, and in traditional Chinese medicine.

No, you're not a dope. Don't feel bad about it. But I still haven heard of dantian either. My focus has been on Hindu (although I don't really care for Sanskrit terminology) and American metaphysics. I haven't done t'ai chi, martial arts or Chinese medicine. I'm 3rd level Reike (Japanese) but we have not discussed dantian.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years ago

We are so identified with our little (seemingly) solid human-form selves. To loose all that we are, seems impossible.

Maybe John Lennon was right:  "Whatever gets you through you life, its all right."

and whoever it was who said: "Don't worry, be happy."

My biggest problem is being disappointed in my lack of money ...which to my logical mind equals freedom. (Money = freedom)
    I am discontent. sad

But what if I could get freedom some other way?

A more direct way?

Freedom to me is taking control of my life. I am slowly but surely working on it. Right now I am working on my willpower, including quitting smoking.

yes. I see. That's why I'm so discontent. I don't have direct control on how much money I can generate into my life.

Why don't you just smoke to your hearts content?

if you can think of that reason every time you light up, would it help? Will power comes from conscious motivation, for me.

I have a tendency to eat for comfort.

Q.Why don't I just eat to my hearts content?

A. Possible consequences: diabetes, bad digestion, tiredness, fat deposits  around muscles and in arteries, etc.

So, I consciously change the direction of my blind comfort-wanting will.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

wanting comfort might be a big problem on the spiritual path.

You are so right about that! Sometimes it feels like even our guardian angels are turning their backs on us. It's like they are saying "put on your big girl pants and handle it yourself!"

Yes, I believe that too. Handling things myself is a big part of it.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

I give you permission to smoke to your heart's content.

I'll be over here chomping on chips and plain yogurt.

smile

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Meanwhile, if we meditate, these problems might go away of their own accord.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

hopefully meditation brings the ultimate comfort ....?

I am not willing to meditate right now. It brings experiences that are too intense for me to handle.

sounds like a lot of fun to me!

I don't get much except a resistance to sit still.

I can meditate very deeply, but it takes practice. I used to do it for hours every day.

Now  u r braggin'.

2. MizBejabbers profile image88

LTR, you are lucky. I have never been able to spend much time in meditation. I don't get the visions, interesting sensations and "intense experiences" that other people say they do, so it gets boring after awhile.

One thing I found very beneficial was the self-hypnosis classes. I used self-hypnosis to quit smoking in 1978, and now I get nauseated at just the thought of a cigarette. I wish it affected my poor husband that way. He struggles with quitting smoking every day and frequently falls off the wagon. He is a heart patient and needs very badly to stay away from nicotine.

7. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 5 years ago

Years ago when I got into metaphysics, as part of our class work, we were taught to shift the energy from our lower chakras up into our higher chakras. I worked on it and followed the instructor's instructions, and it really worked. LTR, only you can tell yourself that you are not ready. I think that if you were not, you would not have posted that you are having these thoughts about your lower chakras. I think your higher self is trying to tell you that it is what you need to do.

Tell you about an experience of mine, hoping it will help you. Years later after I'd shifted my roaring energies to my head chakras, I went to a retreat that was advertised as metaphysical. Unfortunately, it had attracted too many people who were working in earthbound psychology.  You know, Dr. Joe Blow and Dr. Jane Doe types who knew everything there was to know about Freud, Jung, et al, but nothing about metaphysics. After I returned home and resumed group meditations, every time we meditated as a group, I would start coughing and have to leave the room. It was annoying and embarrassing. The lower level work had messed with my throat chakra, and it took me a year to heal the damage that was done at the retreat. Although these were really nice people and I did enjoy the week I spent with them, I never went back.

Another thought I had. A very large group of us are working worldwide on essence of life energies, which come into our bodies through our lower chakras and we pull them through all the chakras. (Not to be confused with Kundalini) I gather you aren't working with this group or you would have said so. Anyway, I wonder if you may be getting spill-over energy. If you are, it means you are ready to make the change. More power to you!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)