Ivanka breaks federal rules by using a private email account.

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (217 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

CNN just broke the news of the Washington Post report stating Ivanka Trump sent hundreds of emails using her private account in violation of federal rules. What say you HRC haters?

1. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand why you bring this up. Hillary proved there is no problem with it to democrats. It should be non news to you.

Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Weren't you one of those who were adamant about HRC's guilt?

1. Live to Learn profile image60
          Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Of course. But, weren't you one of those adamant it was no big deal? Why, now that it is a conservative, is it important?

If she shared classified information over unsecured servers, then we'll have a problem. It is hilarious that would be a problem for those such as you since Hillary doing the same was just peachy in your previous comments.

1. hard sun profile image79
            hard sunposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The irony is what's hilarious.

1. Valeant profile image85
              Valeantposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Conservatives always seem to forget about George W. Bush and his missing 22 million e-mails stored at the Republican National Party Headquarters that mysteriously disappeared.  Like Hillary was the only culprit that didn't get prosecuted.  Their partisan outrage is spectacular.

2. profile image0
      promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

To be fair to Hillary, the House and the FBI should have multiple useless investigations into Ivanka's emails and then let them die, like they did with Hillary.

I suspect most politicians in DC use personal email for at least some business, which is why they probably don't want to carry the investigations too far.

While we're at it, I hope the next Democratic nominee for President doesn't lead his followers into a chant of "Lock her up, lock her up" about Ivanka.

That would be taking the low road. Lord knows we don't want our candidates for President taking the low road.

I was being sarcastic, Pro. No, the left could never stoop to the level of DT's tactics.

1. profile image0

I know you were being sarcastic, Randy. I was just trying to take the high road and hoping to get an intelligent reply from Trump supporters.

HA! I've been trying to do that since he was elected, Scott!

3. crankalicious profile image85
      crankaliciousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It really is astounding that with all of Trump's complaining, Ivanka couldn't remember the rules.

However, it also appears that every other day some government official, past and present, is discovered to have used personal email for official government communications.

So, do we all agree that this is a problem or not a problem? And if it's a problem, then they should all be prosecuted equally. If it's not, then we should all forget about it.

What would appear to be the case is that most politicians break a lot of rules and then try to explain their way out of it.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think it IS a problem when government officials break the rules. However, I don't think every official who breaks the rules should be subject to multiple congressional and FBI investigations. That is a massive waste of time and resources. There should be some type of mechanism for a preliminary investigation to determine whether there is a basis for a more substantial investigation due to potentially.serious violations.

All that said, if you are a person who thinks Clinton is guilty of a crime, even though she was thoroughly investigated and not charged with a crime, then you should be calling for an investigation of Ivanka. If you thought it was necessary for Hillary to be subject to multiple congressional and FBI investigations to determine  what crimes she might have committed, then you should be calling for an investigation of Ivanka.  We have no way of knowing what, exactly, Ivanka did with that server until and unless the situation is investigated. Her statement that she didn't know it was against the rules is a lie, as it defies belief that she didn't hear a word about one of her father's central campaign mantras (Lock her up!). Why would she lie unless she has something to hide?

The irony is just too rich. I expect Ed, wilderness, LtL and others to be calling for multiple congressional and FBI investigations to determine the truth. Anything less than that is hilariously hypocritical.

1. crankalicious profile image85

I wonder if we can't admit a few things here:

What Hillary Clinton did both having an email server and erasing all those emails was beyond stupid. Clearly, this was done to hide something. There's no other explanation for it. Erasing all those emails was a crime if having to keep the emails is required by law. Now, whether it's worth it to prosecute that crime is another story. At the best, it seems fishy.

Most likely, Clinton using private email as Secretary of State is probably more serious than whatever Ivanka Trump is doing.

Now, that all said, nobody knows what Ivanka Trump is doing or exactly what role she serves or what access she has to sensitive information, so the fact that she has now also violated the same law means somebody needs to ask these questions.

If an investigation into Clinton was required, certainly an investigation into Ivanka Trump is required. This would be consistent, would it not?

Ivanka Trump not following this law after everything her dad has said about the seriousness of using private email is one of two things:

1. The pinnacle of hypocrisy or
          2. Proof that Trump doesn't really care about the email scandal and was just using it as political fodder.

1. profile image0

I agree with everything you said here.

Edit: "Most likely, Clinton using private email as Secretary of State is probably more serious than whatever Ivanka Trump is doing."

We can't really know that unless there is an investigation. Remember when Kushner tried to set up a back channel to communicate with the Russians?

It's true, we can't really know. But it's a pretty good assumption. I think it's safe to assume Ivanka isn't doing Secretary of State type stuff.

4. peterstreep profile image80
      peterstreepposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Lock her up! Lock her up!

5. Sharlee01 profile image79
      Sharlee01posted 5 years agoin reply to this

All her emails were sent from the Government server. All are archived to be clearly read and investigated if necessary. The key word here is "server' Hillary had a private server... Ivanka followed protocol by using the Government server, as Hillary should have done... She made a mistake. Hillary committed a crime by setting up a private server...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-29/ … n/10565386

While your assertion may or may not be true, what's up with that link? You had to dig that up from some Australian news site?

1. Sharlee01 profile image79

The interview was conducted by Deborah Roberts for ABC, broadcast on Wednesday.  It would seem she would be truthful due to going viral with her explanation. No one on any media networks has disputed her version of facts? It seems  Ivanka followed protocol by using the Government server. However, should not have used it for her personal email. This link gives a good description of what transpired.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/ … ce-1023312

I basically agree that there's no equivalency between the seriousness of the two offenses. Whatever violation was committed by either, Clinton's was more serious.

However, Trump's hypocrisy is off-the-charts.

I think Ivanka should have made it a priority to make sure she knew the proper procedure on how she should be conducting not only private government emails but her own personal emails as well.  Especially after all the uproar in regards to Hillary Clinton's email problems. It seems she did not use common sense.

Overall I think it's reflective of rich people and politicians believing that the rules don't apply to them.

2. JAKE Earthshine profile image67
                JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nice try as usual Sharlee01, but when your grampa daddy spends 2 solid years crying and whining about E*Mails and then you do the very same thing when in our white house it's not called a lack of common sense, it's called retardation on its face and when the investigation commences we the people will discover if air headed little Ivanika broke any laws:

Once again you show you do little to no research on any given subject. What Ivanka did was in no way compare to Hillary Clinton setting up a private server. It always surprises me that many do not even know what a private server is.

A Private server is a machine or virtual machine that is privately administrated. No one but the owner of the server has access to the server unless it is hacked. Hillary had her server to assure that she would not be caught doing hr dirty deals... You know the 30 thousand emails she deleted to make sure no one would ever read.  So sad to see so many are so ill-educated in regards to private servers, and the reason one would want one. What is even more ridiculous half of America defended her "all kind of crazy lawless behavior".

The conclusion that Hillary did "dirty deals" was not proven by the Republicans who investigated her for however long. Also, she did not personally delete the emails. So, when you say things that are purely speculation, it's hard to take you seriously.

Are you saying "where there's smoke, there's fire?" That might be true. Does the same apply to Trump and the 192 charges filed by Robert Mueller in his investigation so far?

2. Valeant profile image85

Still waiting for some conservative to get angry about the 22 million e-mail GW Bush and his fellow cabinet members deleted from the private server they used and housed at the Republican National Committee Headquarters.  Growing a long white beard over that one, in fact.

3. JAKE Earthshine profile image67

Sharlee01: I'll reserve judgement until the congressional investigation into air brain Ivanika's E*Mail scandal is concluded but as serious as this appears to be, and as dirt dumb as she appears to be, it's nothing compared to what the Mueller investigation seems to be uncovering:

2. profile image0
    Ed Fisherposted 5 years ago

'Peach Ivanka , 'peach Ivanka , 'peach Ivanka ........
    Say that three times fast !
    Sounds like a Russian steam engine.

3. profile image0

But then ...........
    Who's listening to CNN ......or Randy ?

4. Randy Godwin profile image60

Gee whiz, after all those pro-Trump/anti-Hillary comments--especially during the 2016 election campaign--I thought those same adamant ranters would chime in on Sissy's violation of the rules.....not!!!  roll

5. profile image0

So , why don't you tell us what Ivanka's official job government is ?

Who knows, ED? What I do know is she was informed about the rules and she broke them. Her hubby has access to govt classified info and she has access to some as well. Don't shoot the messenger...

Are you gonna slam her like you did HRC.....or not?

6. profile image0

Well Randy , why don't you begin impeachment proceedings then ?

7. Randy Godwin profile image60

Is that a yes or a no, ED?

8. profile image0

It's neither Randy .

1. Aime F profile image70
      Aime Fposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Gotta wait for infowars to tell him how to react.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Your usual answer to any question posed to you, ED.

9. hard sun profile image79
    hard sunposted 5 years ago

I've been tuning in now and then with the popcorn. This is funny and telling how no one here can even offer any excuse for Trump at this point.

Ok, back to my regularly scheduled programming.

10. profile image0

Aime , I've never listened to info wars . You?

1. Aime F profile image70
      Aime Fposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sure have!

11. profile image0

Let's see now ........

Trump Impeachment reason # 663 , Ivanka The E mail machine ?

Did you bitch about HRC's doing so, ED? Or should I assume you won't answer as usual?

12. JAKE Earthshine profile image67
    JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years ago

So where's weirdo hillbilly Trey 'fulla bs' Gowdy now and how many investigations into Ivanka's apparent misuse and perhaps illegal operation of her E*Mail will he demand ??

Since ED hasn't responded I assume this pore ole dirt farmer has defeated the pro-Trumper's self proclaimed genius in a debate, Jake. Somehow I don't feel too proud.....

13. Randy Godwin profile image60

Dammit man, this probably means we won't hear the chant of "Lock her up" at another Trump rally!  lol

14. profile image0

Lets see , The former "Secretary of States" Illegal phone habits against the newest presidents daughters phone habits ?

Isn't this is kind of like saying Chelsea Clinton should have  Handled Benghazi without getting the entire embassy staff killed ?

Boy.......Liberals sure are smart !
    https://hubstatic.com/14296658.jpg

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image67

https://hubstatic.com/14296804.jpg

If she does run and if this circus clown manages to evade prison for the next two years, which if we still have laws should be highly unlikely, she'll definitely crush him again like she defeated him by 3 million votes last time only it will be much much worse of a loss for Donald in 2020 given his humiliating loss to the Massive Blue Wave in the midterms  the MASS defection of former republicans from the GOP and the rapidly shrinking republican party:

According to inside info from the WH staff, "Ivanka is as dumb as a brick."  I suppose this means she's a block off the old chip!! tongue

15. profile image0

Randy , take this childishness back on facebook as thats where this thread belongs and you with it , Hillary's emails were a non legal issue for you guys, in spite of her newest subpoena , we'll see how that turns out .

Personally ED, I don't care about Ivanka's dumb emails and I didn't care about HRC's either. You were childish plenty of times when accusing HRC of using a private server I suppose?  lol

Why don't you take YOUR childish rants to FB as I'm sure you'll find plenty more of your ilk there.

16. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 5 years ago

Do you remember this? 

"Trump promised he would call for a special prosecutor to investigate her scrubbed private emails."

Donald Trump to Hillary Clinton: You Ought To Be Ashamed Of Yourself, You Should Be in Jail

Of course, that was just another red-meat lie fed to his blood-thirsty base. (Remember, Donald thinks we're dumb, and some of us are.)

The irony is just so....special.

Rapidly Shrinking Blood Thirsty Base:

Yes Jake, the pro-Trumpers are finally getting the message. We'll see less and less of them frequent the forums until finally they'll revert to their Dubya mode meaning they'll claim they never really agreed with DT at all. Watch it happen live....

17. profile image0

Hillary was the head of State Dept be it a poor one , Figure it out Randy as Ivanka is merely a councillor to her Father  ,  I'm not surprised you can't see the importance in the difference though .

Study on in that basic U.S. government book .

18. Randy Godwin profile image60

The really stupid thing is Ivanka only had to remember to not discuss govt. business over her private phone, but then, apparently her Dad can't remember this either. After all of the campaign ranting about HRC and WikiLeaks you'd think both of them would've learned something about using a private account......but nooooo!

This shows just how arrogant the first family is and it won't change until they're gone.

19. profile image0

But Rannnddy ..........You all said this wasn't even an appropriate or inappropriate E-mail issue with Hillary's snubbing her nose at the entire regulatory federal communications system ?

Hillary didn't do anything wrong ...........remember?

Why's it matter now ?

Do you understand the meaning of the word "hypocrisy," ED?

Who made the big deal about HRC's emails? Did you say anything about them, or not?

1. profile image0
        Ed Fisherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh you like my "hypocrisy " charge now huh ?  Copying isn't nice.
        Keep it up Randy I'll have you thinking like a true conservative.

No thanks ED, I'd rather remain intelligent...

20. profile image0

Oh , that's what you call where those rants come from .......

What rants?

You want to defend your position or simply trade insults?  I know the latter is all you have, but you didn't answer my query as to your previous comments about HRC's emails, you simply avoided it as you're prone to do. Just like your hero...

1. profile image0

Randy , One as you SHOULD know , we're not done with Hillary yet , read the news lately ?   Two  ,We stick by everything we've ever said about the Clintons, both of them .

And your perverse obsession with President Hillary is just one of innumerable reasons WHY repugnantkins will continue to lose elections in once red districts and WHY the republican base is shrinking faster than 'stubby' Trump can lie through his open trap:

1. profile image0

https://hubstatic.com/14296999.jpg

1. profile image0

Jake , Liberals learn well from Hillary how to gracefully lose an election , Bill Nelson , Stacey Abrams , Andrew Gillam ,.............'spose  you want more recounts and are they going to have pathetic meltdowns for two years in denial ?
              Answer Jake .

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

You reap what you sow, ED. Does the chant "Lock her up" still appeal to you now Ivanka is in a similar boat? You do realize she's scheduled to appear before the House Intel committee after the first of the year don't you?She will also be queried about her and Jared's finances. That will so much fun for you guys to defend. The hits keep on a-comin'!

21. profile image0
    La Veeztaposted 5 years ago

So since Hillary was exonerated from using an unsecured email server a private email server in her home why should whatever Ivanca did be an issue?

“She did not create a private server in her house or office, there was never classified information transmitted, the account was never transferred or housed at Trump Organization, no emails were ever deleted, and the emails have been retained in the official account in conformity with records preservation laws and rules," Mirijanian her lawyer said.

"She did not create a private server in her house or office, there was never classified information transmitted ..." —  Ivanka Trump attorney Abbe Lowell, via spokesman.
    He added: "When concerns were raised in the press 14 months ago, Ms. Trump reviewed and verified her email use with White House Counsel and explained the issue to congressional leaders." Mirijanian told the Post that Trump had used a personal account prior to being briefed on ethics rules.

FORMER FBI DIRECTOR JAMES COMEY USED PERSONAL EMAIL TO CONDUCT FBI BUSINESS, WATCHDOG FINDS

An FBI probe found that, contrary to Clinton's repeated assertions during her run for president, the former secretary of state during the Obama administration had in fact sent classified materials using a private server she established to handle virtually all of her government business. A total of 22 of the emails Clinton held on her private server contained top secret information, and nearly 2,100 contained some form of classified information.

Approximately 31,000 emails were also deleted -- and never recovered -- from Clinton's server following a congressional subpoena. Because Clinton -- and not a third party, like Gmail -- owned, operated, and maintained the server, investigators faced additional challenges in seeking to recover that data.

This is another witch hunt.

So it's okay for Ivanka then? lol  Lock her up!! tongue

1. profile image0

"........What , you mean with like , like a cloth or something .........."?

https://hubstatic.com/14297213.jpg

22. profile image0

This entire thread proves that liberals have not one clue about government offices , emails ,  servers or anything to do with the importance of the head of the State Department  compared to merely the president's daughter .
    https://hubstatic.com/14297234.jpg

It's always great to get the viewpoint of a non-person, ED. It means so much.....   roll

1. profile image0
        La Veeztaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Turns out the non-person viewpoint is better than ignoring the facts and making an equivalency between actual law breaking by Hillary who should be locked up and Ivanca who didn’t break any laws. That means so little.

Are you a writer? You do realize this is a forum for writers, or do you, non-person?

1. profile image0

It seems your best reply to facts is “you are a non-person” ??? That’s not only lame as can be but someone needs to educate you that facts are non-persons.

Good non-answer, non-person. Love your bio!

1. profile image0

“It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.”- Thomas Sowell

If you tend to believe the quote, why even post as a non-person at all?

I think La Veezta might have it backwards, Hillary broke no laws and the investigation proved that but the investigation into dumber than dirt Ivanika's newly discovered E-Mail scandal which should begin in 2019, might reveal some shocking results:

The investigation should be succinct and direct and she should be indicted swiftly if need be because the new blue congress has many additional critically important items to spearhead including legislation to lower health insurance premiums and raising the minimum wage for ALL workers

23. Carolyn M Fields profile image89
    Carolyn M Fieldsposted 5 years ago

“To address misinformation being peddled about Ms. Trump's personal email, she did not create a private server in her house or office, there was never classified information transmitted,  the account was never transferred or housed at Trump Organization, no emails were ever deleted, and the emails have been retained in the official account in conformity with records preservation laws and rules,"
    Source:  https://www.complex.com/life/2018/11/iv … t-business

This is from Ivanka Trump’s ethics counsel or  a spokesman for Ivanka Trump's lawyer. We only get the truth from people who work for Trump after  they're threatened with prison time, and we have proof they're lying. Even if true, it's not denying she broke federal rules with personal emails.

2. profile image0

So Ivanka claims.

We won't know the truth until there is a thorough investigation by Congress and the FBI.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Better get the IRS and CIA in it too.  And maybe the Forest Service and NYPD.  Hire the MI5 and the KGB to help.  Can never have enough investigations of anyone even remotely connected to Trump!

I thought Hillary pretty well established that using private servers, emails or anything else for government communication up to and including classified information was fine?  What are they going to "investigate"?  If she uses hair coloring?  The color of her lipstick?

1. profile image0

Lol, wilderness, you must have forgotten that Hillary is a criminal not fit to be President. Surely, if Ivanka is also such a criminal, you don't want her advising the President.

Anyone that has any connection to Trump, from Ivanka to the drug store cashier that sold him a penny sucker when he was 4 is a criminal.  That's obvious, isn't it?

1. profile image0

No, it's not. Who said that? I certainly didn't.

Well, that's what I see in these forums.  Lots and lots and lots of Trump bashing for reasons that are no more than imaginary events blown into mountain tops.

I told Randy I'm not interested in participating in another Trump bashing - it's gotten old and the bashers never make any sense.  Vitriol and hate is all they've got to offer, and I've seen plenty of that already.

"Investigating" Ivanka Trump for less than what Hillary was let off for is stupid; just another political ploy and another way to waste our tax money.  They don't want an investigation into Ivanka's email; they want an in depth (years worth) investigation into anything they might find that can be used, with proper spin and exaggeration, to dirty the president.  Including that drug store cashier that turned out to have snorted coke 10 years later.

1. profile image0

Oh, wilderness, you see what you want to see. Trump deserves most of the criticism he receives in these forums.

But the subject here is Ivanka's violation of government rules, which we all know you find abhorrent based on the many posts you have made here about Clinton's transgressions.  I'm not calling for a congressional investigation unless some preliminary evidence surfaces of a potential major violation. I actually thought one investigation of Hillary was justified. Once it was over, though, that should have been the end of it, but no, it became a never ending reason why she wasn't qualified to be President while the lying, bullying pu$$y grabber was.

We're just pleased to see some consistency from the Hillary detractors. Oh, wait, we're not. LOL

2. crankalicious profile image85

No need to bash. The questions are pretty simple:

1. Did you support the investigations into Clinton's email/server use?
                  2. Do you support an investigation into Ivanka Trump's email use?

The answer has to be yes to both, doesn't it? These are people dealing with sensitive information using systems that are potentially breakable, communicating through channels that can be seen by others, thereby possible exposing classified information.

Also, why is it that so many politicians on both sides seem to think it's okay to break this law?

And finally, all I ever heard from 2008-2016 from conservatives was Obama bashing (literally less than a month into Obama's presidency Bill O'Reilly said he was a failure). How he should be lynched. How his wife was related to a monkey. We're only a couple years into Trump's tenure. Grow a pair.

1)  Yes.  It was clearly and obviously against the rules and dangerous to the country as a whole.  Let's find out what she did and prosecute if illegal actions occurred.

2)  No.  It is now well established that it's OK to do those things, up to and including classified information on unsecured hardware.  No reason to investigate anyone for doing what is OK to do, then.  Should any negative action be taken against Ivanka the 14th amendment clearly comes into play; all that's left is dirty politics and the country has seen enough of that, for God's sake!

Is there another way to look at it?  Should 2) by "yes" because it might embarrass Trump?  Because it might get a person Trump relies on out of the picture by prosecuting for what we didn't prosecute Clinton for, even after finding out she was guilty?  Because Ivanka is Republican and we should always investigate anything Republican?  Because we need to spend all those excess fund we have sitting around doing nothing?

3. profile image0

Still nothing to do with the point of the OP. It's about Ivanka Trump. Not Donald Trump.

1. GA Anderson profile image87
                    GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hold on promisem, the thread topic may be about Ivanka, but it is still all about Pres. Trump.
                    *In my opinion of course. And since it is my opinion, it must be right! ;-)

GA

2. wilderness profile image95

No, it's about embarrassing Donald Trump.

2. profile image0

What does that have to do with Ivanka sending government emails on a private account?

2. profile image0

Cranky again?

I didn't know you are buds with Ivanka. You seem to know for a fact she isn't using a private server and isn't sending classified information.

One more time: "We won't know the truth until there is a thorough investigation by Congress and the FBI."

What have you said about putting words in mouths?

What I SAID was that it doesn't matter: it is apparently all right, and no longer illegal or unethical to air classified information on anything we want.

1. profile image0

I'm simply asking you to respond to the topic and not create an obvious diversion.

24. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 5 years ago

"Outgoing House Oversight Committee chair Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., sent a letter to White House Chief of Staff John Kelly demanding information on Ivanka Trump’s reported use of personal email."

Gowdy wants information on Ivanka Trump's use of personal email, sets December deadline

Good for him.

25. Readmikenow profile image95
    Readmikenowposted 5 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/14298347.jpg

1. profile image0

Where is that librul egghead and his troll-o-meter? ;-)

You realize the irony of that meme, surely?

3. Randy Godwin profile image60

Wonderfully informative post, Mike! One of your best....

4. crankalicious profile image85

I like the irony of this one too.

https://hubstatic.com/14298425.jpg

We seem to get more of these memes in place of rational comments from the Trumpsters these days, Crank. Desperation perhaps?

I have to admit, it's kind of fun to make them. Do you really think there are more coming from conservatives? I think it's a way to insult somebody without having to do any work or research or have supporting evidence. I think the one I did above is pretty funny.

26. profile image0

Apparently the liberal dwarfism of  diplomatic understanding can't differentiate between the crimes of Hillary Clinton's State Dept. top security failings and essentially that Ivanka Trump didn't make her bed this morning !

And they want to actually debate the issue ?

OMG , what brilliance ,
    https://hubstatic.com/14298383.jpg

Actually, I differentiated.

However, you can either assume that Ivanka did not transmit classified information through her personal email account (just taking her word for it, I guess, like many liberals took Clinton's word) or you can investigate it.

27. profile image0

Wilderness ,   Where once the collective left was "Move along nothing to see here , move along , move along "..............Now it's ,

"WHAT IS THIS WITH A TRUMP CELL PHONE "?

Nobody HERE seems to understand the importance and difference of secure State Dept. communications  over a what .........a "presidential counselor "?

Since you brought it up, are you at all concerned that Trump uses a cell phone for important calls and that he has been advised not to since the calls can be intercepted?

28. profile image0

The simple and sad fact about conservatives debating liberals is that usually one meaningless meme beats a whole realm of TDS Trump hate from the left . The left tends to group all political debating to one or two useless points and then the accusations... "racism , misogynist, bigotry, nationalism ....  " charges traditionally arise from them .It's a matter of saving a whole lot of wasted time debating those who don't know anything.

Oh I forgot" Russian Bot" !

29. Randy Godwin profile image60

Answering questions about DT's actions and statements is getting increasing more difficult for his devoted followers. It can only get worse for them....

1. profile image0

I honestly don't understand why it's so difficult for some people to stay focused on the subject of your original post.

They don't want to, Scott. They just come here to tell me I'm ranting and Trump-bashing while offering no real substance to the conversation. I don't see how they have the nerve to comment at all the ways are going now with all of DT's troubles.  Blind to the end I suppose...

30. profile image0

One more obstruction , impeachment NON issue .

Gee ED, wanta bet on it? hmm

1. profile image0

What happened to all your other impeachments there  Randy ?  How are they doing ..........

What impeachments, ED? Do you think the Mueller probe is over? Where do you get you inside info from......Fox News?  lol

1. profile image0

Like All of your impeachment reasons to date , 564 0f them , from orange hair to the "porn star chronicles" .

Show me where I called for Donnie's impeachment for those reasons, ED. Oh. you're just trumping it again, right? tongue

31. JAKE Earthshine profile image67

I had always surmised like so many other humans that the Trumps were in many ways mentally retarded, but after all Donald's blubbering for 2 solid years about flimsy claims pertaining to Hilary's E*Mails and then, his offspring does the EXACT same thing in our white house ????? I think any court of law would accept that as pretty strong evidence of 'retardation':

Geez, and I always thought 'Ivanta be a dictators daughter' would be going away to sing sing for Azerbaijan:

32. profile image0

Randy , Jake ,  I truly wonder what you two will ever do if there's  a real reason to impeach the entire Trump family from the white house?    This whole "The Sky Is Falling " mentality  .......... is sure going to cost you two all your forum capital when it happens .

Who's gonna listen ?

Happy Turkey Day Boys and Girls !!!!!!

And if the entire family gets indicted you won't lose a bit of credibility, ED. You lost that on election day in 2016. 

HTG to you too!

I don't think you're too far off Randy considering just the mountain of PUBLIC evidence we know of excluding what has been uncovered in secret by the ongoing investigations:

I heard 'batty' Rudy Giuliani leaked one of the questions that Mueller's criminal team asked of 'stubby' Trump and it apparently pertains to the infamous 'Trump Tower Meeting' with Russians and prosecutors want to know if Donald had prior knowledge of it: That tells me Donny Junior must already be up to his eyeballs as he should be with some derivative of 'conspiracy' and Donny Senior might be as well to go along with slam dunk 'obstruction' and so many other charges:

I heard it in passing on a news channel and I'm searching for verification: Just the fact that prosecutors are asking Mr. Trump questions even in written form is a very bad sign for him and his entire family:

33. profile image0

Let's get back to a REAL question and point ;  Anybody here understand the difference between the required need of secure communication between the Head of the State Dept. and that of a president's daughter ?

No ? Let's ignore reality !

Never Trumpet's are good at this.

This whole issue would have an equivalence ,  Malia Obama leaving her seventh grade math note book out in the open.

She was an official employee of the White House, this may be classified info and was about government business. This is unlike a seventh grader's homework. Geesh-- Of course, you don't care cause she's the beloved's daughter. Take Trump's picture off the mantle for at least a few days.

I'm sorry Ed, but even I don't believe that you're this dumb. Ivanka's error is equivalent to Malia leaving a 7th grade math notebook in the open?

You actually wrote that.

Do you seriously believe that Malia had a security clearance equal to that of Ivanka given that Ivanka is a presidential advisor and Malia was not?

34. profile image0

Not the same Hard sun , I realize why you can't see it though , no wonder we can't see why liberals suffer selective outrage .
    It's not a real thing.
    https://hubstatic.com/14305146.jpg

Why are these both apples ?

One answer..because Trump told you they are not.

2. Valeant profile image85

Selective outrage is when conservatives find criminality in Hillary deleting 33,000 e-mails from a private server while barely batting an eyelash at George W. Bush scrubbing 22 million from a private server at the Republican National Committee Headquarters while president.  Now that IS selective.

As I recall from the time period and furor, when GW was president there was no rule about keeping official emails on govt. servers.  Not that that has anything to do with scrubbing non-official emails, such as those from a private organization.

And of course, no one is particularly upset about Hillary scrubbing her emails, except that they had been subpoenaed already; the upset was at putting classified information on unprotected servers.  A far different thing, yes?

So the Presidential Records Act passed in 1978 was before GW's time?  How odd.  Or that during Bill Clinton's time, the government created an archive system that gave you a prompt that said a deletion of an e-mail was a violation of that law.  A system that was shut down during the Bush years in clear violation of the law.

I did not realize Clinton was in violation of rules for Presidents when SecofState.  My error.

Still not getting the connection between Clinton putting classified material on private servers and GW wiping a private database, though.  Unless you can prove that GW's emails, as president, were on that wiped drive?

Private database?  It was a private server same as Clinton, but housed at the RNC, and used by many of Bush's cabinet members.  Likely as secure as Clinton's was.

Do some research before making a statement like 'unless you can prove GW's emails, as president, were on that wiped drive.'  It's been established they were.

That's what I said.  It was private. 

But I notice that the records act requires "that records demonstrating the “activities, deliberations, decisions, and policies that reflect the Performance of the President’s constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties…are preserved and maintained.”  Was there any such that was destroyed?  Or just emails about election possibilities?

That "Requires that the President and his staff take all practical steps to file personal records separately from Presidential records."  Were all records destroyed personal in nature?

That "Allows the incumbent President to dispose of records that no longer have administrative, historical, informational, or evidentiary value"  Were destroyed records of this nature?

I don't know that you have answered any of these possibilities, let alone all of them.  That was the point - was it legal to destroy them, as Clinton did with records already subpoenaed?

And it still has zero to do with Clinton putting classified information on her private server - that was and is the primary concern, not that she destroyed records, even though there were already asked for.

Yes, it was private, and being used to conduct official government business, just as Clinton's was.  Not only by Bush, but by senior staff.  You know, like the VP and others with as high of a clearance as say, a Secretary of State.

22 million e-mails, many during the time the US was heading into the Iraq war based on fabricated intelligence from the Bush administration.  If that doesn't answer the administrative, historical, and evidentiary value component, then you're just burying your head in the sand like you always do when a conclusion doesn't fit your partisanship.

35. profile image0

https://hubstatic.com/14306422.jpg

Here you go Trump Resisters wringing hands over  prayer beads for every excuse for dreams of impeachment  , Putin love ,  emails , collusion , golf club wars , business profiting , Syria , caravans , cronyism, orange hair , being old and white , the Wall , tariff wars , trade wars , military expenditures , banning Jim Acosta , "fake news " , GM demise ,Melania's citizenship ,  Wiki-leaks , Putin ,  Ivanka phione , tax cheating , racist remarks , hate remarks , "snowflake ", multiple  cell phones, more putin love ,  travel costs ,  did I mention Putin ,  more collusion ,  more emails , fake news again , hotel profiting , Christmas decoration hate,Pelosi hate , Boxer hate , Trump U , Coke drinker 13 a day , ...................

36. JAKE Earthshine profile image67

https://hubstatic.com/14306721.png

I'm getting weary of Huckabee's simpering attitude during the daily--only in name--WH briefings. Her daily lies and avoidance of answering questions rings true to form like her cretin boss. Thought she was leaving soon?

I like  that people are reporting that CNN put a split screen up when she spoke, with one half a fact check side with the true information available.

Randy, Valeant: The major legitimate news networks no longer carry Bozo's hate gatherings live for what we can assume are many reasons including the very real possibility that the USA has become tired, bored and of course appalled by his bizarre, racist angry rants and tizzy fits and yes, a split screen when Sarah Huckleberry speaks from many sides of her mouth is an absolute necessity to sift out any grains of truth from vast amounts of fiction:

Lastest Gallup Poll has Mr. Trump at a Record LOW Approval Rating of 38% and a Record HIGH Disapproval Rating of 60%: I guess the treasure trove of incriminating evidence surfacing from the investigations combined with his constant sabotaging of our healthcare system and public cowering to Vladimir Putin are beginning to finally WAKE Up some of his cult members out in the sticks:

I sincerely hope that these latest developments will wake up at least some of his cult members. His poll numbers have dropped under 40 before though. The good news is it's not going to take too much more of a drop for Trump to lose influence with many Republicans. Then we have the issue that Trump's biographer states many Republicans are compromised by the Russians.
            It may sound Mcarthyesque, but the surreal developments and defense of Trump by people like McConnell points in that direction. There's much more evidence for this than any of the InfoWars type conspiracy theories.

1. profile image0

I'm sorry to say that I think you are too optimistic. His followers will never admit they are wrong in supporting him, no matter how badly he acts.

I really don't have much optimism as compared to hope. I'm really just saying that his support is already low enough that he cannot afford to lose even a very small percentage of his supporters. I do think there a few supporters who aren't die-hards that can see when his policies just aren't working.

1. profile image0

When the economy declines, which more and more experts are saying is starting to happen because of his tariffs and tax cuts, his support will erode more.

If it drops below 30%, it shouldn't surprise anyone if Republicans in Congress finally grow a pair and start to suport impeachment.

Then again, they have become such immoral cowards since Reagan and HW Bush that I kind of doubt it.

Exactly. I almost typed the exact same in reference to the economy. I know many Trump supporters who are the "voted for a business man to shake things up" kind of voters. These people are starting to grumble.

2. wilderness profile image95

Do you really see a possibility of 2/3rds of the Senate voting for impeachment?  On what grounds?

promisem: The BLUE Democratic Wave of Righteousness Materialized for several reasons, one being the many former Bozo Trump fans who have abandoned the republican party and actually decided to vote in their best interests which was for the democratic party and that's just a fact so yes, Bozo Trump is indeed losing even some of his most rabid cultees and that can't possibly be a surprise to anybody:

37. profile image0

Sarah Huckabee- Sanders is one of the most prolific press room people ever ,  I love how she stomps on the overgrown egos of the phony outraged media and especially putting Acosta in his place .

Go Sarah !

Sure you like her as she lies like her boss. You seem to admire liars, ED. I've never seen her stomp on any of the media as she's usually trying to avoid answering their questions. Perhaps you could give me an example?

1. profile image0

I guess you dont watch her do that daily ?

She doesn't do it daily as the WH rarely has the briefings anymore. Where do you see this happen daily, or are you trumping it as usual? Sure you are..

The example?

38. profile image0

Randy ,I just heard Sarah  plays golf too ...............
    Impeach her NOW darnit !

The example? Or just admit you trumped it...

39. JAKE Earthshine profile image67

https://hubstatic.com/14308193.jpg

Whoever created this seems to have selected the CORRECT 4 family members: I think Eric is the ODD man out unless of course investigators have something on him behind the scenes which is not out of the question given the scope and intensity of the probe:

40. profile image0

'Peach 'Vanka ,' peach 'Vanka , 'peach 'Vanka............'peach her !

41. JAKE Earthshine profile image67

https://hubstatic.com/14318413.png

One difference--- Ivanka's emails were all documented on the Goverment server. Oh, and none were deleted.  I know this is one fact CNN did not report, but Fox did... Let's see - Government server, personal server. Archived emails, deleted email.  Yeah, no hard to see who broke the law knowingly.

Sharlee01: At this point, I don't think anybody really knows if all of little Ivanika's special little elitist E*Mails were documented nor do we definitively know if any were deleted nor does it matter, but both questions should be answered by the investigation into her remarkably dopey actions but given the apparent MOUNTAIN of evidence being unearthed and developed by the Mueller prosecutors and NY, and given the shear volume of nasty, angry blabbering tweets her grampy daddy is shoveling out to the public lately, I'd say who knows, as serious as this seems to be, it might turn out to be the least of her legal troubles according to reports:

Thought this would make Jake smile...

https://hubstatic.com/14319597.jpg

Ahhh yes Valeant, it makes the WORLD smile and the joyous global celebration is just over the horizon:

lol: What would Bozo's slogan have been in 2020 anyway? "Please VOTE for me or I'll be thrown in prison" ?? And the sad part is that some of his last remaining followers would have actually VOTED for him based on that plea !!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)