How are Voter ID laws racist?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image86
    RJ Schwartzposted 5 years ago

In America, you need to show proof of Identity for just about everything EXCEPT voting.  The left-wing media constantly decries that voter ID laws would be racist, but they never have spoken up about the idea of showing proof of identity to board a plane racist.  Nor do they call out showing identification to rent a car, book a hotel room, buy a cold beer, open a bank account, or any of the many other activities that need ID.

Someone prove to me that voter ID is racist using real facts.

https://hubstatic.com/14400550.jpg

1. profile image0
      Hxprofposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"many other activities that need ID."

Nothing at all racist about having to show ID.  I suspect that at least one reason for the left's hatred for this idea is the fact that non Republican/non conservative voters are less likely to vote at election time. So when ID is required, those few potential Democratic voters that don't have ID's (and they are few) won't bother to do what they need to do get them and vote, while other potential voters who lack ID's WILL do what they need to do.  Since blacks tend to vote Democratic, they can cry foul about IDs.

2. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Voting is a RIGHT, not a privilege in a way that the examples you cite where an ID is necessary does not correlate.

I have to admit that I, reluctantly, have to accept the Inevitability. of this concept. But, I want the ID to be free of charge and issued by the state with the state being proactive in reaching all of its residents about the requirements as to what is needed by the resident to acquire one.

Texas had stated that firearm possession licenses are valid but Student Ids are not for the purpose of casting a ballot

If this stuff is being used by the GOP as a form of voter suppression, I for one, will make sure that there is hell to pay.

1. Live to Learn profile image62
        Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree that if voter suppression is the porcin outcome the problem needs to be addressed. But we don't need to hold people's hands and excuse laziness. It's not rocket science to find out requirements prior to the day. Don't cry crocodile tears of you show up unprepared to vote. Voting is a right which carries responsibilities.

2. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 5 years ago

Ralph,

I can't be convinced they are racist.

Here is an article from the Washington Post about other countries who have voter ID laws.  I think the United States could manage it.  This would be fought against by the Democrats as they benefit greatly from illegals and other types of crooked election practices.

I've seen it.

“Countries such as Spain, Greece, France, Malta, Belgium, and Italy provide national identity documents to their citizens to use for many purposes, including travel, banking, and healthcare access as well as voting.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/bl … e334241368

3. Live to Learn profile image62
    Live to Learnposted 5 years ago

It's funny. I don't take offense at the idea of presenting id in order to prove I am who I claim to be in order to vote. I don't see anything racist in the request for id.

The left doesn't even care how ridiculous a claim is. Everything they see is racist.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We do?  lol You are a piece of work, lady!

Thank you?

I tell you Randy. My last straw was a video of a kid waiting for a bus, two different factions from the left went way pout of their way to interact with him, while he was waiting for a bus, and he gets death threats. Why? Apparently the left sees a white kid waiting for a bus as racist.

I'm calling a spade a spade. I suppose you'll find something racist about that. Color me not shocked.

1. crankalicious profile image88
          crankaliciousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Can you provide a link to the video?

I'm a little tired of people seeing one example of something and then using it to draw conclusions about an entire group of people or about a scientific principle. I will use this analogy again. 99 climate scientists claim global warming is a serious problem and human caused. Then there's one non-climate scientist who claims it's a hoax.

A lot of people use the one guy's opinion to claim global warming is a hoax.

I can tell you what, if you want to use the Internet to support your viewpoint on something, you can definitely find what you're looking for.

Oh my god. I bet you saw the edited version.  Do your own research.

Look up black Israelites, a kid named Sandmann and a native American who repeatedly misrepresented himself.

This does not represent the first, or the last, edited news story, attempting to pit us against each other. Using race as its base.

Both sides attempt to pit us against the other. But the left (and I assume it is because young people tend to lean left and aren't mature enough to think first) tends to demonize people without waiting for all of the facts.

It's like Jussie Smollett. That story smelled of old fish from the outset. But the media jumped in,feet first.

1. crankalicious profile image88
              crankaliciousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ah, that one. I couldn't tell from your vague description. "Covington students" would have helped.

How does that paint the left in any way? That was an example of the inflammatory media creating inflammation. The left meda - with an agenda to sell, clearly, but no different than the right-wing media.

I agree both left and right rags taint according to their bias. I think this incident upset me because kids were victimized and threatened. That,to me, crossed the line. And then the Hollywood guy suggesting it would be grand to put them in a wood chipper then claiming it was satire. How sick are people willing to be in their hatred of a ridiculous hat?

2. Randy Godwin profile image59
          Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm not shocked at your being not shocked, LTL. roll

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)