The Democrats Launched a Coup Rather than an Impeachment.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (47 posts)
  1. profile image0
    The Minstrelposted 4 years ago

The impeachment is a complete sham and its about to unravel. The Senate will allow Volker and others to testify openly about their connection to the so called illegal phone call between President Trump and the Ukrainian President. Adam Schiff has kept testimony before the house judiciary secret and behind closed doors. Why? He doesn't want the truth to be known. They know the impeachment is a complete sham and lie; therefore, they mounted a coup rather than an impeachment. They will fail. There is nothing legal about this impeachment. Everything is hidden. There is no bipartisan partnership between the Republicans and Democrats in this very solemn responsibility. Why? They know it is a complete lie. Everything will come into the light. Pelosi will lose her speakership. Schiff will be charged with treason. The Democrats will utterly fail. Their coup will fail.

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's simply the opinion of one of Trump's victims.

1. profile image0
        The Minstrelposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Actually, its the opinion of millions.

Not more than are against yours, no matter how you count them. Read 'em and weep, Trump fan. He's going down, rather quicker than what I expected. Watch the testimony the next week or so....

1. Ken Burgess profile image75
            Ken Burgessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wash, rinse, spin... pretty much what you have been commenting for 3 years now.

"Read 'em and weep, Trump fan. He's going down, rather quicker than what I expected. "

You should just cut and paste this in your replies to all things Trump related, it would make it easier for you.

1. profile image0
              promisemposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Then clean off your AR-15 and march on Washington with other Trump supporters to stop the coup.

2. profile image0

Many more millions than the shrinking number of Trump supporters think otherwise.

Anyone who claims a "coup" as the result of a Constitutional process is trying to provoke violence.

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What constitutional crises would that be?  So far there are no articles of impeachment, just another long drawn out "investigation" starting up trying to find something, anything at all, to cause political harm to an opponent in an upcoming election process.

They want to investigate for impeachment, they just don't want to actually impeach... after all, that might lead to a whole bunch of skeletons coming out of the closet that could incriminate a lot more than Trump.

2. profile image0

Where did I say anything about a Constitutional "crisis"?

Please read my comments more carefully before disagreeing with something I didn't say.

1. wilderness profile image95
                wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"Anyone who claims a "coup" as the result of a Constitutional process is trying to provoke violence."

I take it then that you disagree - that there is no "Constitutional Crises"?  Or at least not one in the Ukraine affair - forbidding the President to fulfill his oath and protect our borders from invasion is a completely separate matter.  Or is it, given that he has shuffled money around in a manner the Democrats would forbid?

2. Ken Burgess profile image75

There has been no evidence, none, that he has lost any of his base.

There-in lies the dilemma for the Democrats and the media, he has 90%+ approval of Republicans, and over 50% of those identifying as Independent or Libertarian.

If anything, the constant efforts to remove him have cemented the fears of those who think Congress is corrupt and against the best interests of the American people, same for the sources of news like NYT and CNN which have lost all credibility with the majority of Americans.

1. profile image0

Even Fox News is saying that more than 50% of America wants him impeached.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/10/trump-a … -poll.html

Otherwise, I'm not sure what recent polls you mean. The ones I have seen show 15% of Republicans and more than 50% of independents now want him out.

2. James A Watkins profile image85
      James A Watkinsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You are absolutely right. Perfectly put.

Its a tragedy really.

When you consider the major economic (hopefully not turning into a WW scenario) confrontation we are in the early stages of with China for instance...

In 2018 China printed/created the equivalent of 51 Trillion dollars and flooded the world economy (including up to half of that going into the U.S. Stock Market) with it.  Just so you understand the significance of that, the entire global economy/currency is about 50 Trillion dollars.

Does our News talk about that? 

Is American news raising the alarm of all that China has done in just the last year to cause the American economy to fail, and how it will likely do so just before the election?

No, they are talking about how some NBA CEO pissed China off and used the incident as an excuse to ban the NBA from China.

Do they talk of the 're-education camps' in China? Of course not, because most of our media is controlled by foreign sources and tries to keep Americans as ignorant about what is going on as possible... The only thing they want you focused on is what a villain Trump is, or something even more mind numbing and ignorant.

3. Don W profile image82
      Don Wposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"The impeachment is a complete sham and its about to unravel."

It isn't and it's not.

"...they mounted a coup rather than an impeachment"

They didn't.

"There is nothing legal about this impeachment"

It's perfectly legal.

"There is no bipartisan partnership between the Republicans and Democrats in this very solemn responsibility. Why?"

Because most Republicans in Congress have abdicated their constitutional duty.

"Their coup will fail"

It's not a coup.

Hope that clarifies things.

1. profile image0

Actually, your write-up clarifies nothing. It just clarifies your position: I hate Trump and that's that. Not real convincing.

1. Don W profile image82

"Actually, your write-up clarifies nothing. It just clarifies your position: I hate Trump and that's that. Not real convincing."

Bingo! It follows the same pattern as your comment, which is essentially: I hate the Democrats and that's that. In your own words "Not a convincing position". Get the point?

1. profile image0

Not really. I was a Democrat for many years. The party has changed for the worse. The party of John F. Kennedy is long gone. What we have in its place are exreme leftists like AOC, Palestinian Marxist Tlaib, Sudanese terrorist Omar who cause moderates like Pelosi to trash sound wisdom for utter foolishness. I don't hate Democrats, but I do hate their agenda.

1. Don W profile image82

Again, all that is just your personal view, which you are perfectly entitled to express, but I can simply give my opinions in return. Watch:

"The party has changed for the worse."

No it hasn't.

"Palestinian Marxist Tlaib, Sudanese terrorist Omar"

Tlaib isn't a Marxist. There is no evidence that demonstrates Omar is a terrorist (this one's a fact not an opinion).

"I don't hate Democrats, but I do hate their agenda."

I don't hate Republicans either, but I do hate their complete capitulation to the odious, oafish, sexist, racist, buffoon Donald Trump.

So if all you want is to exchange opinions, fair enough, you now have mine. But don't give your opinion and expect me to take it as gospel. And don't just give your opinion, then when I do the same, suggest I've done something less than you. I have done exactly the same as you. The fact you think it's "Not real convincing" when I do it though, tells you something about what other people might be thinking when you do it. That's was the point.

1. profile image0

I am not expecting you to take my opinion as the gospel. Just as I don't take your opinion as the gospel. However, how has Donald Trump shown he is racist? What real proof do you have? However, you did prove my one point: you hate Donald Trump. This alone can cloud your reasoning process.

1. Don W profile image82

What real proof do you have?

You said all this...

...without offering any proof. Why is it ok for you to offer your opinions without proof, but not ok for me to do the same? Are your opinions more important than mine? I told you, if you offer your opinion with no proof, I will do the same. No more, no less. If you think my opinions with no proof are not very convincing, again that tells you something about what people may think of your opinions with no proof. I hope you're getting the point.

"However, you did prove my one point: you hate Donald Trump."

And you proved my point, you hate Democrats like Rashida Tlaib, Ilhan Omar and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

The old "you hate" BS is simply that, Don. It's a last resort of the right, especially Hannity and Limbaugh aficionados. But then, it's all they have at this point. Cut "em some slack. They're hurting now...  tongue

4. profile image0

Actually, if I would retitle this forum thread I would say the coup began three years ago right after the election.

1. profile image0

You also could retitle it, "Let's March on Washington and Kill Democrats", because that's what you are promoting with inflammatory talk about a coup.

1. profile image0

This is interesting. You have Maxinne Waters encouraging her supporters to harrass and confront Trump supporters in restaurants and other public spaces. Ted Cruz, Sarah Sanders, Mitch McConnel, Tucker Carlson, and people wearing MAGA hats have been harrassed and even physically attacked by the left. The majority of people conducting a campaign of violence towards American citizens is coming from the Democratic/leftist camp. Your direct insinuation that what I wrote will enflame people to hurt Democrats is what your camp is already doing. Sad. Your threat to stop me from exercising my freedom of speech rights is coming straight out of the leftist playbook: lets attack and accuse people with crimes we are already doing. Honestly, you should encourage your people to stop intimidating Trump supporters with violence instigated by their inflammatory rhetoric. Again, the coup began right after the election three years ago. Their motto is resist Trump at all cost, even if it means we run rough shod over the Constitution and trash the laws of the land. Trump is a threat to the globalists and their agenda. They cannot stomach the idea of him having another four years. They will not allow him to touch the central banking system and their control over the world.

1. profile image0

Deflection.

1. profile image0

Double deflection

5. profile image0
      The Minstrelposted 4 years ago

Bring on the testimonies! I love transparency! Something Schiff, Pelosi, Nadler, and the rest of the treasonous conspirators hate. I hope they subpoena everybody and get everyone to testify before the senate and the world.

1. Readmikenow profile image95
        Readmikenowposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  It will be testimony based on a conversation that has been made public.  It's funny how the left doesn't realize having the conversation public makes whatever a "whistle blower" says a mute point. 

The evidence is a whistle blower who spoke with the intelligence committee in general and Adam Schiff specifically...PRIOR...to filing their complaint.  I wonder how anyone can't see how this makes the impeachment a total joke.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bombshel … aint-filed

6. Readmikenow profile image95
      Readmikenowposted 4 years ago

It appears the whistle blower also has previously worked with Joe Biden.  This entire impeachment move by the Democrats just plain stinks. It is a hoax.

"A new report in The Washington Examiner that the whistleblower at the center of Democrats' impeachment push had worked with Biden. The whistleblower's anti-Trump attorney, Mark Zaid, acknowledged earlier in the week that his client had "contact" with current presidential contenders "from both parties."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news … als-reveal

1. profile image0

Thank you for the update. This is getting stinker and stinker. I am just amazed at their brazen stupidity.

2. Don W profile image82

I can't believe it! A CIA analyst with deep knowledge of Ukraine who was in the National Security Council during the Obama administration, probably came into "professional" contact with the Vice President, who was leading on trying to reduce corruption in Ukraine during the Obama administration. Astounding!

In other news: water found to be wet; pope found to be catholic! roll

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago

The problem seems to be that being continually butthurt isn't grounds for impeachment. Which degenerate party hoax of 2019 was your favorite?

https://hubstatic.com/14711843.png

8. Readmikenow profile image95
      Readmikenowposted 4 years ago

It appears Joe Biden has made quite a bit of money for Hunter Biden.  Biden was asked in 2008 about him supporting a bill for the banking industry, and his son being hired by MBNA and also gave a $250,000 conntribution to his campaign. 

"Son of Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden was paid an undisclosed amount of money as a consultant by MBNA, the largest employer in Delaware, during the years the senator supported legislation that was promoted by the credit card industry and opposed by consumer groups."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mbna-paid- … cked-bill/

Here is a 60 minutes interview about it from 2008.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/full-inte … ctober-30/

Another tidbit of news I'm sure you won't be seeing on CNN or the WP is that Burisma holdings paid Joe Biden $900,000 for "Lobbying Activities".

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa … a-n2554546

I mean really, no matter how dirty you want to say Trump is, trying to hold up this guy as who you want to replace Trump with is asinine.

Democrat: Trump is a criminal!  A Russian Conspirator! A thief!

Independent: OK, sure, where there is smoke there is fire, I guess. So who should we replace him with?

Democrat:  Joe Biden!  He's a people's person, a great guy!

Independent: Oy Vey!!!

The thought Trump would be an honest POTUS is asinine, Ken. I'm amazed his voters didn't know how corrupt he was when they voted for him. Of course, pure ignorance is rampant on the right.

2. Readmikenow profile image95

It is a perfect example of false equivalents.  I'm sure we can agree the main sign of TDS is an inability to be objective and logical.  I think it also covers an inability to comprehend facts.  All they have left when faced with truth and facts is snarky comments and insane responses.

Cool, dudes. Birds of a Oily Trump Feather it seems. Keep your eyes on your ideal the next few days, guys. You'll finally see what a scumbag you've been defending for the last few years. Go ahead Mike, give me your standard response when you fear to answer my queries. Bless my heart and wish me a good day. lol

1. Readmikenow profile image95

I will simply thank you for making my point about snarky comments and insane responses.  I think I know the people on the left better than they know themselves.  Someday you may provide a comment that is intelligent and insightful.  That day is NOT today.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
                Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Don't hold your breath. He only ever provides 6th grade level insults, boasting about himself (and we can all see how happy he must truly be) and regurgitated CNN vomit.

9. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
      Kathleen Cochranposted 4 years ago

Here we go again.  The same kind of discussion that drove me away from HubPages in 2016. Have fun - the few of you who are still here.  (I'm here once a week to check my messages, but was amazed time and space is still wasted on discussions like this one. Where did the great writing go?)

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Some of the biggest forum offenders don't even write here. They've typically got 1-10 cheesy articles. I always wonder what they hope to accomplish, as these posts clearly accomplish nothing.

Sure, your sparkling wit makes up for your obvious Trump worship, Todd. Want to compare your cheesy articles to mine and see who is indeed the "cheesiest"?     tongue

2. profile image0

Some of us feel a responsibility to challenge the extremist propaganda that gets posted on here.

3. Live to Learn profile image61
        Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's like a day time soap opera. Years pass, same purposeless drama when you checkback in.

10. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/14713603.jpg

That one time the worst candidate, then, in US Presidential history said something smart.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)