Investigation into Trump-Russia probe now criminal investigation

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Readmikenow profile image95
    Readmikenowposted 4 years ago

I don't expect anyone from the left to provide an intelligent or insightful response.

I believe this will be very revealing about just how crocked certain members of the FBI and top ranking Democrats have been for a long time.

“An administrative review into the special counsel's investigation of 2016 election interference began in May.

But the switch to a criminal probe means investigators can now issue subpoenas for testimony and documents.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50178197

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77
      DoubleScorpionposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I fear that wrong-doing will be found, but not to a prosecutable stance.
      A few low ranking folks might get into actual trouble....but as with many powerful criminal types...those in power keep their hands clean and let the scapegoats take the fall...

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's the best news of 2019. Treason is punishable by death. Let the bodies hit the floor.

In the past we executed persons for giving secrets to the hellish communists in the Soviet Union. How much more severe it is to attempt a coup against the lawfully elected President of the United States.

3. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This is a serious investigation only if you are a Trump victim. That is, you buy into the belief the life long members of the DOJ will go along with Barr's obvious distraction. I predict he will also be embroiled in the Trump/Ukraine fiasco and will also pay the price for failing to honor his oath of office by doing Trump's bidding.

4. Sharlee01 profile image81
      Sharlee01posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am pleased to see both investigations progressing. Time to see what went on in the Obama administration in regards to the  2016 election. I was rather shocked to hear the  Durham investigation is now a criminal investigation. It did not take him long to get to this point... It makes one's mind run amuck with "what If's".  I do feel this will turn out to show lots of irregular BS went down to make every attempt to derail a duly elected president. I expect there are some very worried Dem's lawyering up this weekend?  Let the fun began.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61

I don't think the Dems are worried at all, Shar. If Trump's past actions are any indication, then they have no problem to worry about.

1. Sharlee01 profile image81

I thought the Horowitz report would cause a stir, and perhaps a few more from the Obama ad. would be simply investigated for crimes. It appears Durham worked with Horowitz and could have found crimes that need prosecuting. I would think that's why he took the next step to call his investigation a criminal investigation.  I do feel this will turn out to show lots of irregular BS went down to make every attempt to derail a duly elected president. Will there be arrests? Who knows...

Hey, another waiting game. It will be interesting.

I think you'll be waiting for quite some time, Shar.

It could very well turn into another Mueller lengthy fizzle out investigation. It's well established our Government has a long history of wasting time and money.  I mean actually most of what Mueller came up with was what was already represented by journalists. He came up with nothing we were not aware of.  The Mueller report reads like a boring novel, that one keeps reading because you think the good part is coming. It never does.

I have hopes Durham won't take as long as Mueller. I think there might be a couple of inditments. Otherwise will he not look foolish for turning his investigation into a criminal investigation?

1. Don W profile image81
                Don Wposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Witch hunt!

1. GA Anderson profile image90
                  GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

First a Madonna poem and now a "Witch Hunt" . . . Have you been into my martini locker Don?

GA

1. Don W profile image81
                    Don Wposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Don't try to censor me Anderson! My Madonna poem is a work of art, and should be published as widely as possible. Offering anything less than adulation for it means you don't believe in freedom! What's more, anyone on Facebook who refuses to publish it to their personal Facebook Group is a fascist and a philistine!

2. Sharlee01 profile image81

Hey, they what's good for the goose... Your Hypocrisy is showing.

2. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 4 years ago

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/72777671_2391455594447011_4514922694466076672_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQldAlLrYl40rK2pXCrIFI1TTsmqRH5wWpBvoUW_MEFzWnK4QPwppqbFlgsPGRCfnHI&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=c7282cfdd410049691b055ac6c479231&oe=5E2091C4

Readmikenowposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Excellent!

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

Why didn't you use the photo of Trump kissing Putie's butt? It would have made your meme more apt. tongue

Randy, thank you for making my point.  Please read the first sentence of this thread.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82

Oh hey, you must be really sad for having stated, all day, every day, thousands of times over two years how Trump was going to prison and Bob Mueller was going to put him there.

You believed that. You know you believed it. Everyone who's known you for 2 years knows you believed it. And it was all just one big hoax.

Now I'd be very very embarrassed about all that stuff you said. I know you are embarrassed about it too. How could you not be?

I'm sorry you were in fantasy land. I've been to fantasy land and believed all kinds of make believe things too. The best thing you can do now is try to save face. I'm such a nice guy, and in fact, most everyone is this nice - that if you started talking sense again, we'd just forget about your foolishness, eventually.

Too bad a federal judge ruled the impeachment proceedings are legal, Toddy. Now we get to see all of the redacted info from the Mueller Report. Your idol is going to be toast before it's all over. Want to bet on it? tongue

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82

Ah, sticking to your delusions, I see. Have you ever considered seeing a psychiatrist? I don't especially like you, but I'm a human, and so whenever I see someone who needs help, I'd like to see them get that help.

Seriously, I hope you get the help you need.

You sound like you already have a regular shrink so who do you recommend, Toddy?

It is legal for them to conduct the impeachment inquiry without a vote. Although if they chose to bring forth impeachment charges a vote will be required, and a trial will be required. All the info will then be presented in an open trial. It will ultimately be up to the Senate to vote on impeachment.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
              Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think the bottom line is not a drive to impeach. What they are doing is just trying to create enough bad press to help the democrats win the White House next year. The targeted leaks point to their motives.

1. GA Anderson profile image90
                GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Your mention of targeted leaks is an opening for a question I have been pondering; "Where are the Republican counter-leaks from the same hearings they attend?"

GA

They claim they are given no access to much of the info. They are talking about what they hear, though. What I've heard Jordan say in interviews is the testimony is mostly in line with no quid pro quo and selected items which show most unfavorable are being leaked.

True, or not, the aura of bias by Schiff cannot be ignored and lends credence to Jordan's complaint.

There are Republicans in the room asking questions just like Democrats are. And perhaps there is no "good" news for the Cons to leak? You are ignorant of the process if you believe the R's have no part in it.

I have to agree, it's a gamble the Dem's have embarked on. The leaks are being carefully picked to drive a narrative. However, sooner or later they will have to get off the pot and bring forth their charges of impeachment. Then they will have to vote, and the Senate will have the trial where all the evidence the Dem's have collected will be made public.

Not sure it will ever go that far. I don't think the Dem's would push for an impeachment trial with weak evidence. It certainly could make them look very foolish, not to mention what it would do politically in regards to the election. The only way this impeachment procedure could help the Dems win the White House if they come up with a very tight case against Trump, and even then the Senate will not vote to impeach Trump.

In my opinion, the Dems are using this as a last-ditch effort. They know they can't beat him due to his good job performance.  hey, he is doing a wonderful job, and no matter how loud the Dems yell, nobody is willing to get rid of a president tht hs the country humming.

3. RJ Schwartz profile image87
    RJ Schwartzposted 4 years ago

Every conservative website I've reviewed today has legions of outraged trolls trying in vain to spin this fact.  It's the "pendulum swinging the other way" finally happening.  The Democrats were seemingly trying to run out the clock in some vain hope they could somehow capture the White House next election cycle, but the whole sham impeachment process and how it's being handled by Schiff isn't passing muster with mainstream America.  Even a novice can see that by playing secretive games, the left looks like they are trying to create a false narrative right under our collective noses.

The fact that Ag Barr has been quietly gathering evidence was viewed by some people as inaction, but that's exactly the opposite of what occurred.  His team is gathering iron clad evidence against the Deep State and the members of the Obama administration to prove once and for all where the corruption occurred.

I can't say one way of another if any of the big fish get fried, but it will sure be entertaining to watch them and their media lapdogs try to blame Trump for it.

Put me down as one person who believes it is about time this happened.

4. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 4 years ago

I don't understand why anyone on the left would be less than thrilled to have a full investigation. I mean, if you really believe the bull over the last few years you'd want proof positive it was all on the up and up.

Unless, you could care less about any illegalities and you wanted Trump punished for winning the election, whatever the cost.

I agree

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

I'm not worried, LTL. Trump's true colors are being revealed as we speak, and so are those of his defenders.

My hope is that this investigation will clear the waters. Let the chips fall where they may.

5. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

Birds of a.....

6. Laura Sebastian profile image60
    Laura Sebastianposted 4 years ago

Truer words have never been spoken.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)