Is Chief Justice Roberts Compromised ?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (45 posts)
  1. RJ Schwartz profile image87
    RJ Schwartzposted 4 years ago

In the Senate impeachment trial, Chief Justice Roberts refused to allow a question to be asked by Senator Paul because it included the name of the whistleblower.  He is not authorized to decide what questions can be asked by the Senate, making this an issue.

He's denying the President his 6th Amendment Right and refuses to offer any legal grounds for his actions.  We know that Eric C is a CIA plant, so does the Intelligence Community have some dirt on him?  Do you think he's been compromised?

1. GA Anderson profile image90
      GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh buggers RJ. Really?

GA

2. MizBejabbers profile image89
      MizBejabbersposted 4 years agoin reply to this

For not allowing that question, I think he was being judicious, not compromised. Oh, wouldn't you Republicans love to know who the Whistleblower is? I don't recall who asked the question, but that person knew that to reveal the identity would be a violation of the Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989, Pub. L 101-12. That in itself would be a criminal act, which Justice Roberts had an obligation to prevent. The question was a setup, and he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. As presiding officer, Justice Roberts had an obligation to prevent compromising the Whistleblower's identity, and to have allowed the question would have compromised his alleged neutrality as a Justice of the Supreme Court. I don't think I have to explain that if he'd allowed the question, and if one of the managers, Schiff, Schumer, et al had answered the question, not only would said manager lose his seat and be out the door, but it would have been grounds for removal of the Chief Justice himself from the Supreme Court.
      What the Hell kind of a question is that anyway? To even put such a question to this forum is nearly as bad as the idiot who asked it in the Senate trial. I'm disappointed in you, RJ.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"As presiding officer, Justice Roberts had an obligation to prevent compromising the Whistleblower's identity"

Sen. Paul knew that identity. Chief Justice Roberts knew it.  As those questions come from the party, not the individual, other Republicans knew it.  Certainly some Democrats knew it.  Now I see a meme on FB showing a picture of the whistleblower.

The question thus becomes how would saying the name, without mention of "whistleblower", could possibly compromise the whistleblower any more than he already is.

Not that I disagree with you - it was a good call - but let's be real here.  That name is common knowledge already.

1. MizBejabbers profile image89

HUH? I guess I missed it. Regardless of who already knew the name, Justice Roberts couldn't let it out to the TV cameras and the general pubic. If it is out, it has to have come through somebody else. I'll bite. Who is it? I actually haven't heard, and we've been watching this farce for several days.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
            Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The Trump propaganda machine is in full working over. Isn't it sad when a patriot gets smeared for being one? And a criminal gets rewarded for being one? We're back in the Old World with a tyrant on the throne, Miz! Do not doubt it.

I don't doubt it, Randy, and it makes me sad. In fact, it scares the hell out of me.

2. wilderness profile image95

I have no idea where the leak came from, just that it came.  There was another meme on my FB this morning, including considerable "information" about his past.  I have no idea if it's true or not, and if it is I'd have to guess that it's only about 10% true, but it still shows that it has been out there for long enough to do some research.
            https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fteapartypac.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F3%2F2019%2F11%2Feric-ciaramella-600x444.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&fbclid=IwAR00elY6sa1oODm_EqjR8ieQwuFSoj-8uEWUSipbY3goCSs9i-kBDG2pOIE

Thanks, Wilderness, right after I posted the request, I saw some stuff on Facebook. It looks to me like the Russians are at it again. I don't know when Facebook will ever learn.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

So what's his/her name, Dan? Has the WB program been sabotaged by the Right? If so, you should be proud. And it seems you are. Way to go in hindering another important facet of oversight on criminals. Now we're really getting something done for the king.....er   I mean the Don!

Probably leaked by a disgruntled Democrat in the House, being forced to participate in their disgusting charade or find other work.

Can you vouch for the veracity of this meme, Dan?

It certainly doesn't sound like anyone who works for "Honest Don," Right? lol

We all know how much he admire's his own integrity and truthfulness.  tongue

2. profile image0
              PrettyPantherposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, because Don and his as$ kisser cohorts never lie, cheat, or do anything underhanded.

The Right ought to be pleased as they've made history with the first Senate trial to have no witnesses. I said they'd be terrified of Bolton and they proved me correct.

No big surprise as they don't care if Trump is a criminal or not. But it turns out he's not the only criminal who was exposed in this sham trial. The Senate has 51 in it alone.

True, Randy. As I said, it looks like the Russians are at it again. Why should we believe that this man is the real whistleblower? Since Trump got off scott-free, I know that we'll see more of this kind of propaganda. I just hope it comes back to haunt McConnell and his bunch of Trump a$$kissers. Whatever happens, they will get what they deserve, but I hate to see the rest of us have to put up with their BS.

I agree Miz! I've already told my senator--David Perdue--I'll be backing hisr opponent with my voice and wallet. The only recourse we have is at the ballot box, and there's nothing assured Trump won't try to rig that as well.

The oversight in the Senate is apparently gone. The House will continue to do their job, but the Senate will continue to be terrified of the conman's wrath. This is so GD embarrassing for our country and our rule of law.

2. GA Anderson profile image90

Just as a side note; I hadn't seen that meme, but I do recall seeing several references and sources that named Eric as the whistleblower's identity shortly after his identity became a topic.

I am not saying they are right, or that he is, but only that I have seen him named as the whistleblower before this meme.

GA

3. profile image0
                    PrettyPantherposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hubby and I are donating money to Democrats running against Moscow Mitch and Baby Lindsay, even though they're not our senators. It's time for the top two a$$ kissers to suffer the consequences of choosing party over country .

2. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 4 years ago

Hi, guys

I have already donated toward Warren's campaign even in the face of her recently waning fortunes. It is a shame that she has to spend so much time convincing people that a woman can win. She has to climb over the hurtles of misogyny before she can even begin to present the issues. America is so antiquated in its attitudes in so many areas.

I never want to acknowledge that Michael Moore could be right, that Trump will get another term based on the disunity and mixed messages among the Democrats.

The DNC changes its rules to accommodate Bloomberg's recent entry into the race?

Bloomberg told Warren that she was out of line with her proposals. He is running to destroy the progressive wing of the party. As far as I am concerned, a corporate democrat" is no better than a Republican. Corporate Democrats and Republicans have more in common than what it is that separates them. So, in effect, Bloomberg is a "fifth columnist", double agent, actually allied with Trump and his agenda, even though he says otherwise.

The system that allows a man like Trump to spawn and rise to the highest office in the land needs to eradicated, not merely accommodated. Why put Chanel No. 5 on excrement? That is Biden, Bloomberg and to a certain extent, Buttigieg.

I fear that America is not ready for the real change proposed by the progressive candidates, they are more than content with the status quo and the slow downward spiral that we have been on.

"I fear that America is not ready for the real change proposed by the progressive candidates . . . "

Should that say something to you? I think so.

GA

1. Credence2 profile image78
        Credence2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, GA, it says that this is their deficit and not mine. So, the downward spiral will continue..., and have only have ourselves to blame for being content with business as usual.

hmm. . .  I thought it might suggest a difference in opinion of the Progressive platform.

Are you thinking of it as a case of su dinero es mi dinero?

GA

1. Credence2 profile image78
            Credence2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

It is a matter of priorities as to where our "dinero" is to be allocated, but that is why I am progressive and you, basically conservative..

No, it is a matter of "my money" being "our money" to liberals, which is the (largest) basic difference between liberals and conservatives.  Or progressives, if you prefer that label.  That's what the quote means, not where to put "our" money.

Do you need a loan, Dan? You always seem to be worried someone wants to take your money. It's getting on my nerves after several years of your complaining about the govt taking your money.

Just come right out and ask for a loan if you're in dire straits. I'm sure we all can chip in and help you through the hard times. That's what friends are for, right?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)