Dr. Fauci Needs Beefed Up Security Due to Death Threats

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (108 posts)
  1. crankalicious profile image87
    crankaliciousposted 4 years ago

So apparently Dr. Fauci is part of the deep state if you believe some right-wingers. Apparently, his security needed to be beefed up due to death threats from some of these people. In addition to other pro-Trump groups:

Outlets such as the Gateway Pundit and American Thinker seized on a 2013 email — released by WikiLeaks as part of a cache of communications hacked by Russian operatives — in which Fauci praised Hillary Clinton’s “stamina and capability” during her testimony as secretary of state before the congressional committee investigating the attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

Even as an agent for the Deep State, it's interesting how Dr. Fauci has put aside that loyalty to help Donald Trump help all Americans through this crisis. But to some, he deserves threats. Hard to believe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … story.html

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"Hard to believe."

Not the the Era of the Don. Everything against him is the Deep State. Poor baby! sad

crankaliciousposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Randy, think about how many times the "Deep State" has been mentioned in these forums. It's an insidious euphemism.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
          Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Trump supporters must have some excuse to take the heat off him, Crank.

2. Sharlee01 profile image80
      Sharlee01posted 4 years agoin reply to this

You are aware President Trump handpicked each member on the task force? It would seem odd that anyone that supports Trump would threaten Dr. Fauci. 

It also appears that Trump has respect for the Dr., and takes his recommendations very seriously.

I have found no evidence of who threatened the Dr. Only WAPO speculation.  I find that very unprofessional.

What? The criticism of him came from Pro-Trump, right-wing publications. You are literally making stuff up out of air. There is no evidence they made threats, but they are the ones calling him part of the Deep State.

1. Sharlee01 profile image80

What Pro-Trump right-wing publication who are they do they have names? I am not making up anything. You gave no reference to who made threats or even what the threats were?

2. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 4 years ago

I looked but can't find any info on where the death threats came from. Once we have evidence and suspects it will be fair to speculate on the why.

The article identifies publications criticizing Dr. Fauci and questioning his expertise and identifying him as a Deep State stooge. One could extrapolate, but not prove, that those threats are most likely to come from those who think Dr. Fauci is a bad actor.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
        Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Are you saying the publications made the death threat?

Your assumptions could very well be correct. Or you could be wrong.

I always like to wait before lobbing accusations. But I do see why some might press forward with it.

No, there's nothing supporting the assumption that the publications made the threats, but they published pieces identifying Fauci as a threat, a menace, a Deep Stater who is their enemy. So it seems logical to assume that readers (who knows, it could be one reader) made the threats or are the most likely to have made the threats since they are the only people in the country reading a publication that thinks Fauci is a threat.

Really? You've seen all publications, online chats, dark web sites, etc. where Fauci was the topic of discussion?

I get where you are coming from but I really need more info before making accusations.

There are a lot of crazy people in the world. Of varying political persuasions.

2. profile image0
            promisemposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Even Fox News says that conservatives are mad at Fauci:

"Fauci has drawn the ire of some conservatives for swaying Trump from reopening the economy before Easter. "

If you can't believe Fox News, who can you believe?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fauci-corona … th-threats

This may come as a shock to you but ire and death threats are not the same. Nor does ire necessarily result in death threats. I don't need some media outlet to tell me that.

1. profile image0

It may come as a shock to you, but constant fury from the right -- egged on by Herr Trump -- often leads to violence.

The evidence is the multiple mass murders in the last few years of blacks, Jews and Hispanics.

I think all people of good will have spoken out against the divisive nature of heinous statements such as yours, on mass shootings. I'll continue to agree with them. Inflammatory and less than factual statements whose only purpose is to spread hatred and division serve no purpose in a civil society.

1. profile image0

The only thing heinous is your overwhelming hatred of anyone who isn't far right.

Note how you spew venom over my simple quote from a Fox News website. Instead of loving it, you flip out. The evidence is obvious.

2. crankalicious profile image87

Wait a second, Promisem's statements should be spoken out against, but the animosity toward Dr. Fauci doesn't?

And criticizing a scientist for providing data and scientific consensus by saying he's a Deep State stooge and effectively "our enemy" has no consequence or isn't a cause that produces some effect?

Is this really your assertion?

2. GA Anderson profile image88
                  GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"Herr Trump"

Damn. That's a good one. Original, catchy, and a statement in itself. Genius!

GA

1. profile image0

Back to the uninvited mockery again. So begins the following pattern:

1. The contemptuous and intolerant man erupts.

2. He ignores the major point and cherry picks two words.

3. He realizes with shame that he has shown once again who he really is.

4. He then bends over backwards to save what's left of his reputation on here and pretends to be a fake nice guy for a while.

5. Something that has nothing to do with him will enrage him once again.

His dark side and Herr Trump's have a lot in common.

"Fauci has drawn the ire of some conservatives for swaying Trump from reopening the economy before Easter. "

Yet, Ms. D. Wallace, the author of the article did not expand on her accusation. No examples, no names, zip. Poorly written article. Nothing to back up her opinion what so ever.

2. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Or from left wingers that think anyone working with Trump rather than against any action he takes just has to be condemned and preferably stopped?  We see that in these forums, why not in the rest of the country?

That's a stretch. Does Dr. Fauci deserve this criticism?

This goes to a point I've been making - aggressive animosity toward science and scientists by the Right. This leads to a lack of faith in science overall and when trouble hits, a reliance on your own "natural abilities" or connection to God to solve your problems instead of scientific expertise.

1. wilderness profile image95

You think it's a stretch?  Look through just these forums.  You will find hundreds of posts denigrating Trump, and anyone that supports any action he has ever taken.  The perceived wrongdoing doesn't have to be true, doesn't have to have actually happened and is usually grossly exaggerated or spun with opinion taking the lead over truth.

As an example I offer a thread going on right now, wherein anyone that voted for Trump, for any reason whatsoever, 4 years ago is to be considered supporting sexual predators and is, in fact, probably one themselves. 

And you think people won't try the same thing with Fauci?  He's strongly connected with Trump, not just having cast a vote "against, not for, an opponent" but actively helping Trump address the virus.  That is far more than is needed to these individuals to arouse their ire and hatred.

Well, all I can say is that the criticism is coming from right-wing publications. Is he a Deep State hack? From what I've seen, there's no worse thing you can say about a person than he's part of the Deep State.

Yes, I get that.  I think LtL's statement is spot on here: "I do wish both sides would stop the ridiculous over the top false and inflammatory claims."

I've seen posts (not here) claiming all the medical supplies are going to red states, at the expense of blue states...while nearly all efforts are the opposite.  Hospital ships to blue areas.  Airlifts of needed supplies, all to blue areas.  Ventilators, masks, even people are being shifted to almost exclusively blue states and areas.  This is natural and proper, as it is the population centers (almost all blue) in desperate need right now, but nevertheless the statement was put out there in a rather obvious attempt to bash the President.

We're seeing, and have been for some time, a tremendous effort to divide our country, and insisting it is "right wingers" or "left wingers" doing the damage supports and expands that effort.  We don't need that - rather that saying it is our political foes doing this, why not be just as truthful and simply refer to them all as "idiots"? sad

I agree, mostly. I've been doing a lot more research into any statements I find - there was one on Hobby Lobby just this morning. It was about how the wife of the CEO was keeping her stores open because of a message from God. I was going to post it and then I dug into it and discovered that it wasn't entirely true. I'm finding that a lot of statements coming from "my side" are exaggerations. I've been trying hard not to repeat statements without verification - and I've failed sometimes.

What is not debatable is Trump's downplaying of this thing and his delayed response and his unique ability to trust his own judgement above any experts. That is simply fact. Was it just days ago he told us we'd be back to work by April 15? He seems to have no empathy.

Now, is this criticism useful right now? It's probably a waste of time and I'm not even sure it benefits those who are complaining. There will be plenty of time to hash this out later, but given how Trump gaslights everything he does, he's the architect of his own situation. Nobody trusts him one iota, so it's hard to give him any latitude right now or ever. Good God, he just thrust Jared Kushner at us yesterday, who proceeded to blame the Governors for their own situations. Kushner has ZERO experience in medicine. Why is he leading anything? Wouldn't it be more confidence building to give us an expert? Oh wait, he doesn't believe in experts. Yet another signal of that yesterday. His cronies are better than any expert. I'm sure Ivanka will be on the front lines of this soon. At least she displays empathy for people.

Trump's own response to any criticism is always to blame somebody. He never takes responsibility. He blames Obama. He blames anybody. He only takes credit for good things. A person who does the is fundamentally untrustworthy. He never makes any mistakes.

I guess we should be bigger people in light of the situation, but sometimes people get what they give in this world and Trump has ejaculated nothing but blame and vitriol. Human beings being human beings don't exactly feel any kindness toward him. That's what happens when you spend so much time belittling people and demeaning them.

And you have made some very good points about how all this plays out and why. The left blames Trump. But there's culturally more to it. Unfortunately, those reasons are probably too complex for people to bother with. Trump is an extension of our culture.

"Was it just days ago he told us we'd be back to work by April 15?"

No.  Whenever it was, it contained the words "we hope" or something to that effect.  To my knowledge he never claimed it would be over by Easter despite repeated claims that he did.  I've listened to the sound bite too often to fall for that one.

"Nobody trusts him one iota, so it's hard to give him any latitude right now or ever."

Perhaps no one trusts him because of the lies and exaggerations about what he says.  Like it will be over by Easter.

"Kushner has ZERO experience in medicine."

Your point?  At this time we have plenty of experts in medicine.  What we need, more than anything, is someone able to handle the logistics of getting materials produced and delivered to where they are needed.  I've read a little about Kushner; he seems to be the "go to" guy when Trump has a problem he can't solve.  And he delivers, time after time.  THAT'S what we need, not another bureaucrat trying to fill petri dishes with a miracle cure.

"Trump's own response to any criticism is always to blame somebody."

That's almost comical considering the people in these very forums laying blame for everything (bad) possible at Trump's feet, while giving credit for everything (good) to someone else.

"Trump has ejaculated nothing but blame and vitriol."

Haven't watched his recent daily updates, have you?  He is probably coming across as more humble than at any point in his life.  No apologies, but almost nothing of what you're saying is all he puts out, either.

3. Sharlee01 profile image80

Have you found one of these publications? I have not located one.

That does not appear to be one of the "Pro-Trump, right-wing publications" that are making threats.  I would like to see some of those publications, with the threat, as well.

Rush Limbaugh isn’t right-wing? The other sources cited are Pro-Trump Facebook groups.

I couldn't find any threats.  That is what I wanted to see - publications making threats against Fauci, not a publication saying that someone else has done so without supplying any proof in the way of links or videos.

Nor was the Buzzfeed article written by Limbaugh and as far as I know it isn't owned by him either.  Didn't listen to Limbaugh as a waste of my time.

This is obviously a waste of time. If right-wing publications call Fauci a member of the deep state, it stands to reason that those opposed to the deep state would feel threatened.

Here is a link to one of the referenced articles:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 … tooge.html

I must say though, after researching this, the truth is quite a bit more complicated. The article itself is politically incorrect, but quite interesting.

Thank you - that's closer although there were still no threats mentioned.

Yes, incorrect in more than a few places.  And so highly spun and slanted as to be almost unreadable.  If I had to guess, written by someone that doesn't like gays and doesn't want the "gay scourge" of AIDS to go away.

Actually, it very much reminded me of some of the far left garbage I've read that suffered from the same ailments.  An almost total disconnect with reality.

Once again it appears some just don't need evidence or facts. Just a Headline...   I can't even find any kind of specific threat or what or where the threat came from.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)