Requesting Feedback on This Hub: The Philosophy of the Coronavirus

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (28 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Maximuseposted 4 years ago

Hello,

I just published this article, Any feedback?

https://hubpages.com/education/The-Phil … s-COVID-19

1. theraggededge profile image98
      theraggededgeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi there,

The video doesn't work (playback disabled on other sites). So remove the link and the actual video.

I dispute your claim of "In the eighties, television became active in human life." We've been watching TV since the late 50s and early 60s.

Do a thorough proofread to pick up unintentional errors, such as, "The American Congress and Senate had recently did hearing of Facebook..."

As far as the content is concerned, I have to say I am confused and bemused. Who among the average adult population has sent a friend request to a stranger and had 'sex-chat' with them? People do it, I know, but as a percentage of the population, I would be surprised if it were over 1%. And if people do this, they are actually conversing with a FaceBook employee. Really? Have you got proof? These are wild claims - be prepared to back them up.

So Covid 19 and Mark Zuckerberg are both viruses? And MZ is a bat? Okay. Now I can't stand MZ or Facebook but this is a stretch. I don't think people will take this seriously. You haven't explained the link between them - if there is one.

The article is too short, given that you are discussing the 'philosophy' of a global pandemic. I would have expected a lot more detailed and factual analysis.

Are you sure you want to publish this?

1. profile image0
        Maximuseposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well, there is a Charlierose.com link there. That link explains about 50% of my idea.

https://charlierose.com/videos/8454

2. profile image0
        Rembrainposted 4 years agoin reply to this
  2. profile image0

"The future of this virus will be the same as that of SIV virus, HIV virus, SARS virus, Ebola virus. It will continue to exist; we would just forget that it had existed. But this virus would have left a strong impact on the Internet world, and netizenships around the world."

3. profile image0

"As far as the content is concerned, I have to say I am confused and bemused. Who among the average adult population has sent a friend request to a stranger and had 'sex-chat' with them? People do it, I know, but as a percentage of the population, I would be surprised if it were over 1%. And if people do this, they are actually conversing with a FaceBook employee. Really? Have you got proof? These are wild claims - be prepared to back them up."

Facebook can buy online text posting services from various vendors. There are various vendors worldwide, who keep online communities active, by providing texting services. Amazon Web Services also does the same thing. If you are interested, do a search 'online community text posting jobs', that would do it.

4. profile image0

There are so many countries in the world. And in all those countries, many species of animals are found, species of animals that Americans have not seen.

5. profile image0

American life is work~active. Everybody is working. Unless you are working, you can not have a life in America.

This is not the case in Asia, in Africa, in parts of South America. There, you can have a life, by mooching off your old parent's (the male parent) pension. This is one species: the pension moocher. There are other types of animals as well. There are many!

These animals may spend a whole day(s) exploring the Graph Search on Facebook, and sending yellow colored hair damsels friend-requests. Facebook had been fulfilling their dreams.

6. theraggededge profile image98
    theraggededgeposted 4 years ago

Did you want feedback, or not?

1. profile image0

Thank you for your feed~back! big_smile

You seem familiar. Did you recently get banned?

1. profile image0

For what?

I don't know, I don't ban people, Sairay.

1. profile image0

Then we are on the same page.

7. profile image0

I delete my HubPages accounts frequently. I use Medium.com as my permanent writing outlet. It offers the same services as HubPages. The only drawback is that Medium.com does not have a forum community, and you can not get immediate responses and feedback, as you would get here on HubPages.

Yes, I'm Sairay. But I'm also DasEngel, God shet, Prodio, God is in kitchen, so on and on.

1. Al Stine profile image95
      Al Stineposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Why do you delete your Hubpages accounts frequently?
      Your English and article sense structure seems to be okay.
      -God-is-in-the-kitchen... big_smile

Don't engage, it's a troll.

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
          DrMark1961posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Kind of a shame though. This troll writes bizarre things that have the real makings to produce forum gold threads.
          Maybe we could all learn from him; I am sure he could write a great hub on "How to Make Tinfoil Hats to Avoid COVID-19".

Yep, he used to. The threads would go on forever until he got triggered and ran away. I particularly remember his DasEngel incarnation. Bizarre.

2. theraggededge profile image98

big_smile big_smile big_smile

Yep, I remember you in all your guises. Bye.

1. profile image0

Take ca-re.

8. profile image0

There was a time, especially after the acquisition of Squidoo, when there was an air of haughtiness around HubPages. The standards of the game have been raised higher, by Medium.com.

9. profile image0

@Al Stine.

There are several reasons why I frequently delete my HubPages accounts. I can mention a few examples:

Why profile pictures have scores with them? ~HubPages can make them disappear, if they wish. Profile scores may be given when I actually visit someone's profile - not in a public thread where everyone is equal. Also, they can color~code profiles, instead of giving them scores.

Profiles who have not uploaded their custom profile picture ~ get a head detached from body default image, provided by HubPages. HubPages may learn from YouTube regarding this matter: YouTube assigns beautiful colored backgrounds, with the initial of a profile's name/moniker.

There are other things with HubPages, like this. I find this place electric. HubPages is good, when taken in small does. I would prefer Typepad, Microsoft SharePoint, Medium.com, etc ~ for long-term blogging experience.

1. Al Stine profile image95
      Al Stineposted 4 years agoin reply to this

So, basically you have an issue with how the profiles are designed and graded at Hubpages. I was told the only numbers I need to worry about here are the views, I don't really put much thought into anything else. You should probably do the same.

1. profile image0

True.

10. profile image0

Americans do not send friend requests to complete strangers - they accept them.

11. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I you don't like accounts here, stop making them.

1. profile image0

I like/love HubPages, and I would love to see every hubber succeed. But I have issues with HubPages, because the Team does not listen to suggestions.

There is a serious lack of purpose here. This place is full of amazing talents, so much can be done with the totality of it, ~yet, the Team is clueless at times about how to utilize that.

Big prizes do not motivate writers/authors, but small prizes do. The Team can, if they wish, give away each month a coffee mug, or a key ring, or a drawing book: to an author who writes a lovely poem, or rewrites a Shakespearean play, or rewrites the Old Testament. These are real tasks that writers would love to do.

But the Team does not go in that line.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)