How Much Time Do You Spend on Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Isivwe Muobo profile image70
    Isivwe Muoboposted 3 years ago

Today has been the longest I have spent on here. Usually, I'm in and out a couple of times daily, spending 15-20 minutes at each time.

However, today has been different as I have spent a considerable amount of time reading hubs, dropping comments and responding to comments on my own hubs.

1. Will Apse profile image87
      Will Apseposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I think no one has replied to you because there is a nasty troll about and people are distrustful of unfamiliar contributors. So that is a triumph for the troll, sadly.

As to your question, mostly I just check to see if there have been any recent disasters, lol.

2. EricFarmer8x profile image93
      EricFarmer8xposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I spent a lot of time reading posts. I also like to look at the hubs people write.

I check my daily views and earnings and leave some days.

Hope I'm not being rude, but do you mind if I ask why there are 8 of you?

1. EricFarmer8x profile image93
          EricFarmer8xposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I honestly don't remember why I picked this name. I probably typed the first number I saw and then x after my name.

I wish there eight of me or I could do the work of 8 people. haha I never thought my screen name that way before. You made me consider something I have not though of before.

I only realised that my name came out as "will lapse" long after I chose it, lol. Sadly accurate...

1. lobobrandon profile image88
              lobobrandonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I don't see a tripple L though?

It's the football song version.

Weelll meeeet againnnn...

Ah okay lol

2. Isivwe Muobo profile image70
    Isivwe Muoboposted 3 years ago

Haha. I usually avoid posts on disaster though, find they tend to dampen my mood. I only read them when it is absolutely necessary I do so.

As to the troll, I will look out for and avoid them too.

Well today, I got a sudden burst of enthusiasm, skipped the gloomy stuff and updated a page.

Isivwe Muoboposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's great, I hope it works out for you. I've been doing a bit of that myself and hope my traffic picks up.

3. Eurofile profile image96
    Eurofileposted 3 years ago

I try to spend time regularly writing and preparing my next article. I also like to keep on top of all the email notifications I receive, reading and commenting on other articles. My husband regards it as a time-consuming hobby rather than a way to earn an income!

Yea, I see your activities around the site. It's kind of like an inspirational and a nudge to me to also be more active.

I was today and I'm really pleased about it. Lol.

4. Kenna McHugh profile image91
    Kenna McHughposted 3 years ago

I regularly visit the forum to help others. I also work on my established articles.   I work on new material for a long time before posting it as an article. I am a freelancer by trade, so I am always writing.

That's great. It seems it is an established practice to keep working on old articles.

I should do more of this as I still have most of my articles on hubpages.

Do you continue working on them even after they get moved to the niche sites?

5. Doneta Wrate profile image79
    Doneta Wrateposted 3 years ago

I don't have hardly any time to spend on hubpages right now, to my regret.  However I do check in a couple times a day to see how things are going.

6. bhattuc profile image83
    bhattucposted 3 years ago

As I have engagements in other sites also so it is not possible for me to give more time in HP but on an average I am spending about an hour or so per day. Sometimes 1-2 hours sometimes half an hour only per day.

How many sites do you write on. I used to write on a few but had to cut back on some when I couldn't keep up with the stress of keeping all updated.

7. Philip Agutu profile image80
    Philip Agutuposted 3 years ago

I spend most of my free time reading hubs and the forum posts in HubPages, that is if I am not writing an article. This varies but the minimum amount of time is around 1 to 2 hours each day. I don't have any specific time of the day for HubPages but I always visit the site whenever I receive their email notification.

Looks like the majority of hubber spend between 1 to 3 hours to achieve some results here.

That timeframe looks reasonable and won't be so difficult to start.

8. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 3 years ago

An hour a day most days, a few minutes the other days, a few hours if I am writing a new hub.

This seems like a  reasonable timetable; one that'd be easy to adopt. Thanks.

9. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 3 years ago

It varies for me. During busy times, when I feel like I know what's required, I spend maybe three hours/day for five days/week. But then there are other (sometimes long) periods when I don't do much more than check my stats and earnings. I find it toughest when there's turmoil or a decline and I don't really know what I'm supposed to do to address it.

Right now, I've not been writing much new, mainly updating existing hubs, which is a job in itself. I may have to drastically cut back on the number of hubs I have, so that I can regularly update them. Editing is also less fun than writing something totally new. It can get a bit dreary.

You really are consistent, which is admirable.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
        PaulGoodman67posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am consistent over periods, then neglectful. I try to treat it as if it's a part-time job, but I do have long periods where I lack motivation, or I need a change.

10. NateB11 profile image87
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

I think I spend too much time here. I pop in to check my traffic, earnings and look at the forums, but then I return over and over again, more or less, for no reason. I mean, the changes aren't significant even an hour or so after the last time I checked.

Anyway, I would have to think I'm here a few hours a day at least, but not all in one sitting; it's a back and forth, coming and going thing. Once in a while I'll actually write something and so probably here longer then; but lately I will take days to finish a writing project, so....rollcool hmm big_smile

Looks like most people spend at least an hour daily and a few hours on some days here.

11. Anzeela Arjumand profile image74
    Anzeela Arjumandposted 3 years ago

I spend a lot of time in reading hubs because I am totally free due to Corona...

Yea, the pandemic has created a lot of free time for most people.

I have almost doubled the number of hubs I have here during this time too.

12. Dean Traylor profile image93
    Dean Traylorposted 3 years ago

I haven't spent a lot of time, lately. Life outside Hubpages has been keeping me busy. In addition, I'm mostly writing articles or responding to comments made on existing articles when I'm on here.

Yea, a lot of people who spend time here are either updating their hubs responding to comments on their hubs or writing new articles.

You must spend a lot of time here then since you are mostly writing new articles.

13. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Due to the recent purge of Hubbers the last 10 days, I've stayed away. However, I am now tentatively back.

What purge?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)