How much time do you spend on HubPages daily?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Nancy Owens profile image81
    Nancy Owensposted 12 years ago

How much time do you spend on HubPages daily?

On average do you spend 1 hour, 2 hours, or more? Do you spend all day every day? I ask because I find I can easily spend all day on HubPages interacting with this great community!

2. cclitgirl profile image93
    cclitgirlposted 12 years ago

GoGreentips recently published a hub that sort of deals with this question - on balancing time on HubPages and blogging.  But, I'd say you have to set boundaries.  I try to do my "writing" before interacting in the community, because if I don't, I'll easily spend hours and hours on here without getting much writing done!  I would say to establish a routine/schedule and try to stick to it to be at your best between balancing your time and balancing the needs of your work on HubPages.

3. annart profile image83
    annartposted 12 years ago

Lots at the moment, as I'm trying to get going and keep up the momentum.  I've got more time than usual as I have to wait until Tuesday until I'm fully mobile after a foot op.  After that I shall have to do other things, like shopping and housework and going out to see everyone!  I'll have to organise my day and be disciplined.  Think it's a good idea to spend a set amount of time in a week and stick to it.

4. Sky9106 profile image64
    Sky9106posted 12 years ago

I refuse to measure! lol. Because when that which you do, whether is writing , singing, dancing or training for that ultimate life calling . Like being a parent. That which you  already believe and stand convicted and convinced .
            "Time actually stands still"
    There should be no measurement . It's like being that same parent there should be no measurement.
    But I do understand where a question like this could come from and there is actually nothing in correct about it , it they were , I would not answer.
    So in that regard, great question. My final answer: I would never measure.

Bless.

5. Cara.R profile image65
    Cara.Rposted 12 years ago

I have spent all day on Hubpages writing, reading and commenting. But there are days when I need a bit of a break and indulge in some computer gaming...a guilty pleasure. But generally at least five hours or more.
    Like Cclitgirl typed, I had to set  boundaries. When it gets late at night I vowed that I would only go to forums, read and comment but not write. And some days I would check in then log out. It is easy to get sucked in. Since I am pretty much home bound it is even easier to fall into a habit like that so I have to break up my day.

6. NayNay2124 profile image82
    NayNay2124posted 12 years ago

I have been spending most of my day on HubPages reading hubs and interacting with other hubbers, because I am new to HubPages. I enjoy reading other hubs because you learn so much about how to improve your writing skills. There are some very good writers on HubPages.

7. MissDoolittle profile image58
    MissDoolittleposted 12 years ago

I personally may spend a couple of hours a day on HubPages, I will try and write a hub, hop some hubs and look at those who follow me, and maybe answer a couple of questions.

If I let myself I could spend all day here, but there needs to be a balance.

8. jesimpki profile image92
    jesimpkiposted 12 years ago

I'll agree with everyone else that you can let yourself spend too much time on here, but its just so addictive!  On my free days, I'll try to write and publish at least one hub and start another or browse the forums or brainstorm for ideas.  Of course, I have to pause for those tedious interactions with the world around me and take time to eat, haha.  Even when I'm at work, I'm on the lookout for a new idea or topic that I could write about.  The community here is just so amazing and its a great chance to share with others!

9. profile image0
    Daniella Lopezposted 12 years ago

It depends. If I'm writing hubs, I can spend all day long on here. If I'm simply commenting and hub hopping, an hour or two tops.

10. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 12 years ago

I would say I average two hours a day.  That doesn't include writing.  Just interacting in the Forums, reading Hubs, etc.  HubPages is quite addictive. I wrote a poem about that very subject.  I love it, though.

11. CloudExplorer profile image76
    CloudExplorerposted 12 years ago

I spend probably on average 5-7 hours daily, I'm working from home so its easy to do, I have my own web design business so it works beautifully.  I love hubpages and wish I found it many years back, when I started all of this web stuff.

12. THEHuG5 profile image60
    THEHuG5posted 12 years ago

Probably a few hours a day. When I'm not writing a hub I'm reading other peoples hubs or answering questions. Hubpages is addicting lol.

13. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

When I first started here on Hubpages, everything was new and I wanted to read older hubs of the people who interest me. I did indeed spend 10 hours a day here. Nothing got done, of course, around the house.  I have learned a better balance, although I still spend far too long here as far as my cat is concerned...

14. hazelwood4 profile image64
    hazelwood4posted 12 years ago

Hi Nancy,

I spend a few minutes to an hour a day on Hubpages. I usually check my feed to see  if there has been any interesting Hubs published since the last time I checked in.  I also browse through the question and answer section to see if I can be of any help to any new Hubbers on the site.  I also enjoy spending time Hubhopping on the site!

Great question!smile

15. terrektwo profile image80
    terrektwoposted 12 years ago

Depends. When I am on I usually have it up in one of my tabs but I may have half a dozen browser tabs open as I am usually doing at least a few other things and I check it periodically. So some days I may have it up 12+ hours, usually at least several hours, afternoon and evening.

16. georgethegent profile image60
    georgethegentposted 12 years ago

It depends very much on my mood and what I'm thinking about. Sometimes it'll be a couple of hours and sometimes it'll be forever!!!

Good question though, you've got me thinking about what I should be doing with my time tongue

17. Ian Dabasori Hetr profile image75
    Ian Dabasori Hetrposted 12 years ago

Nancy
    I spend all day in HP and still cant get enough of it. lolz. Its such a very rewarding experience writing for hubpages.

18. Sangeeta Gurung profile image61
    Sangeeta Gurungposted 12 years ago

I spend usually one hour once a week since Iam a working mother and Iam learning from my two websites which keeps me busy...Sangeeta. also, My mountain Retreat..Vidya Niwas needs to be taken care of like a baby..!

**Share News @ our International Web Press:

http://www.dalai-lama-dharma-dharamsala … india.html
    http://www.taj-travel-india-miniguide.c … India.html

**Take Ecological Responsibility..Save Mother Earth..Plant Trees ! 
    **DO NOT PRINT this Email..Save Paper..Use Recycled  Products

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)