Is Tom Hanks a pedophile?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (27 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago

For those of you who don't know, there's been a lot of allegations coming out lately involving Hollywood celebrities being accused of not only being linked to Epstein but might be possible pedophiles as well.   

Tom Hanks has recently fled the country after allegations came out about him particularly from a girl on Twitter named Sarah Ruth Ashcraft who claims Tom Hanks paid her parents for permission to have sex with her when she was only 13 years old. 

He's currently a citizen of Greece now and it's starting to make people wonder if he's guilty or not considering Tom Hanks has yet to refute any of the allegations against him.   

For me personally, I'm just going to wait until all the facts come out before making up my mind on this.  Would it surprise me if the allegations are true?    Honestly?  Not really.   Like allegations of infidelity with athletes go, it's one of those things that if hard evidence came out about an actor or some big shot in Hollywood being a pedo came out, I'd probably just say "why am I not surprised?" It just seems to happen way too often if you ask me so it wouldn't surprise me.

Would I be disappointed?   A little as Tom Hanks was one of the actors that inspired me to get into movies when I was a wee lad.   However regardless of what happens, I'll still enjoy his films regardless since unlike most people, I can usually differentiate fairly easily between how I feel about a person's work versus my personal thoughts about them.   However what are your thoughts on this?

Do you think Tom Hanks is a pedophile?  And if he is then does this change how you feel about his movies that you may or may not have liked in the past?   Please discuss.

1. profile image53
      Jacqueline G Rozellposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Don't truly believe he is. If he were there would not have been just one instance. Pedophilia is a sickness that rules throughout a lifetime and unless there are more accusers, I am not inclined to believe it. He moved to Greece but perhaps he just wanted out of the toxic environment of Hollywood, and I can see that. I am surprised that Tom Cruise hasn't left. I am making this statement as someone who doesn't even care for Tom's politics; but as I said, unless there are more who come forward I give no credit to this.

2. priorityprintservice profile image61
      priorityprintserviceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Nice

3. TheShadowSpecter profile image83
      TheShadowSpecterposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Well, it's kind of like asking whether Lori Mattix's adult sex partners were pedophiles when she first became a groupie way back when.  She was 13 years old when she began dating then-22-year-old Jimmy Page.  She was 14 years old when she began having sex with a number of adult rock artists.  Of course, I guess you could still say that her situation differed somewhat from the alleged one of Sarah Ruth Ashcraft with Tom Hanks when Ms. Ashcraft was 13 years old, because money was used in Ms. Ashcraft's alleged situation.

Whenever discussing the topic of pedophilia, I always adhere to how the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition ("DSM-5") defines it, because I don't want to fall into the same predicament as Elon Musk.  Someone sued him for accusing them of being a pedophile, based upon the premise that he took writer's license with the definition of the term in a shaming manner.

Anyhow, I did come across an interesting article that elaborates on that whole alleged situation with Tom Hanks that you'll probably want to read.  Here it is >>> https://www.wired.com/story/crying-pedo … -the-book/
      Enjoy. smile

2. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Accusing random famous people of pedophilia seems to be the hot new trend among the Q-Anon nut job conspiracy crowd.

https://www.wired.com/story/plaintext-q … umor-mill/

Tom Hanks? Pedophile. Ellen DeGeneres? Pedophile. Chrissy Teigen? Pedophile. Oprah? Pedophile. Hilary Duff? Yup, pedophile. And let's not forget the whole Hilary Clinton Pizza-Gate thing.

If these "reports" are to be believed, virtually anyone who's anyone in the entertainment biz is part of a top secret Satanic/Illuminati controlled child trafficking ring. And the only person in power with the balls to stand up to this vast conspiracy?

Donald Trump, of course.

So yeah, Donald Trump is apparently some sort of divinely chosen superhero, come to save America's children from the Illuminati vampire elite, or whatever. Makes total sense, right?

Of course, these are usually the same people who think 5G towers are causing the corona virus, Michelle Obama is secretly a man, Bill Gates wants to put tracking microchips in our vaccines, and the earth is flat.

So it's probably best to take such "reports" with a grain of salt... a really, REALLY BIG grain of salt

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
      Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I think you mean SMALL ...

2. profile image53

Some of the people you mention aren't being accused of BEING pedophiles; they are accused of being present on the island where it was taking place and not caring it was going on under their noses because their wealthy friends were the perpetrators. That's the same accusation leveled at a large number of Hollywood producers and directors who are said to have taken advantage of juvenile stars since the days when Mickey Rooney was a pre teen. If the parents of those young stars weren't looking out for them, it is said they were prey for the pedophiles in the industry. The elites who were invited to the island didn't care what was happening there... THAT is the charge leveled at many of them.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago

The 5G towers causing corona virus?
    Lol!!!

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago

If I find out Tom Hanks is a pedophile, I will stop watching any of his movies. My daughter was in Catch Me if You Can as an extra. He walked up to her, she was 18 at the time, and asked her how she was doing. She does not believe it, by the way.

5. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 3 years ago

I didn't realize he'd left the country and gotten citizenship elsewhere. Sounds suspicious.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image92
      FatFreddysCatposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Oh yea, sounds like the work of an Illuminati supervillain to me. Damn you Evil Hanks! (shakes fist)

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Either way I think it's best to wait until all the facts come out before jumping to any conclusions.     

While you're right that Tom Hanks has done a lot of charity work, we also have to keep in mind that Hollywood has hidden dirty secrets from us before like Errol Flynn dating various underage girls throughout his career, or the Michael Jackson situation as well.   

Not saying I believe Tom Hanks is a pedo.   Truthfully, I honestly don't know.     Maybe he is.   Maybe he isn't.    All I know is that these accusations are getting out of hand.

2. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I think you may be over reacting to a simple statement

1. GA Anderson profile image90
          GA Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I think his comment fits the seriousness of this discussion.

GA

1. Live to Learn profile image60

Maybe. I haven't read through the entire thing but if you are going to quote me, in a way that implies a great deal of severity to a simple comment I've made, I'll respond with my opinion.

On face value, that fact sounds suspicious. If I gave any semblance of a care, I'd follow up and investigate. I don't and haven't.

Tom Hanks may be another victim of cancel culture. I don't care about that either. When they eat their own it helps highlight the insanity.

2. profile image53

It could be he left just to escape the filth and madness that has come to infest Hollywood. I am not a fan of his politics but he has always seemed to be a gentle person who was devoted to his family. One person accusing him doesn't make him guilty. I will wait for more information on Tom Hanks.

1. Live to Learn profile image60

I just said it sounds suspicious. No judgement passed.

1. profile image53

I understand.

1. profile image0

Another possibility as to why Tom Hanks left the country might be due to where Hollywood may allegedly be heading towards.   I have no concrete proof this is happening but according to various rumors from Hollywood insiders, it's been reported that the censorship in the media that's being implemented today to appease cancel culture was only the beginning.   

Apparently some sources are saying that it's going to get to the point that only people of color will be allowed to work on movies eventually.    And when that happens white people will only be allowed to partake in making films only if they agree to be uncredited which has disturbed some Hollywood celebrities.   

Me personally, I don't buy that completely as some of the most powerful and influential directors, actors, and producers in Hollywood mostly happen to be white.   I doubt guys like Christopher Nolan will step aside and not take credit for anymore of his films just to appease anyone.    Same for others like James Cameron and Steven Spielberg who have even more influence in Hollywood but still.

When I see news about Halle Berry having to apologise for not being black enough for a movie she did a few years ago, or hearing how Beyonce had to apologise for not being a pure blooded African voicing Nala in the "live action remake" of the Lion King, even though it wasn't live action but still.   When I hear news like that then it does make me wonder.   

Seriously who freaking cares who voiced Nala in the lion King because they're all freaking lions.    Who cares?   Hell the lion King story itself literally rips off its story from Shakespeare's Hamlet.    So shouldn't the voices technically be white people then going by that same asinine logic?   Or wait a minute, lion King also rips off elements from an old anime called kimba the white lion doesnt that technically mean the voice actors should all be Asian?   

Oh wait I forgot because the lion King takes place in Africa that only pure blooded Africans that happen to be black should voice the Lions.....even though there are white people that live in Africa too and at the end of day they're freaking lions.  Lions in real life don't talk so the fact that Beyonce had to apologise for voicing a cgi lion is freaking ridiculous.   

Hell that would be like if I bitched about how Hollywood never got real life Kryptonians to ever play Superman on the big screen.    Yes I know Kryptonians don't exist but still.

1. profile image53

And I guess you're going to tell me that Spock was not a real Vulcan?? Say it isn't so!!  As to the rumor that only people of color will be getting roles in Hollywood in upcoming projects, it wouldn't surprise me. After seeing what is happening with the blessing of politicians and city administrators just to appease, nothing will surprise me. The fallout to that could be that the talented writers, producers and directors leave the umbrella of the Holy Order of the Academy Awards and go rogue. Because if the audience won't pay to see the movies it isn't going to pay to take a knee for the cancel culture and the movie industry won't eat the cost of productions just to be able to say they have a social conscience A lot of people are thinking Dolly Pardon may have lost her core tourist base by figuratively taking a knee last week.  Movies and theme parks are things you invest in and expect to receive a return.

6. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 3 years ago
  7. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Oh puh-leeeeze. That's absolute horse sh*t.

1. profile image0

And I guess you're just going to ignore the part where I said it was just a rumor and didn't buy into it completely.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image92
        FatFreddysCatposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If you don't buy into such "rumors," then why bother posting them? They only serve to increase division, make people more paranoid, and add even more fuel to the Great Dumpster Fire of 2020.

...y'know what, never mind. I'm starting to remember why I rarely come onto this side of the forum.

(exits)

1. GA Anderson profile image90
          GA Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Be sure to drop back in occasionally Freddy. I enjoy your quips. They are most often well suited to the comment you are responding to.

GA

2. profile image0

Because they're fun to talk about and speculate about?     Maybe even laugh about at how absurd it is? I'm sorry Freddy that you feel that way but I think you're overreacting to what I've said honestly.

8. RachaelLefler profile image92
    RachaelLeflerposted 3 years ago

I hope Tom Hanks isn't, it would totally kill my enjoyment of 'Forrest Gump', which was a favorite of mine as a kid.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)