This Week's Network Site Migrations (08/24 – 08/28)

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (114 posts)
  1. samanthacubbison profile image82
    samanthacubbisonposted 3 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/15173018_f1024.jpg

We are excited to announce that Bellatory has been rendered by our front-end publishing platform and is currently live! Delishably and WeHaveKids are soon to follow! Check in later this week for an update.

Also, please know that the outstanding observations around GA IDs should be fixed by next week.

1. Glenn Stok profile image95
      Glenn Stokposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the update Samantha. It’s good to know the time schedule for our missing Google Analytics IDs for hubs rendered on Maven.

2. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image94
      Kierstin Gunsbergposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Exciting!!

3. OldRoses profile image94
      OldRosesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I'm late to the party.  I have two articles on Delishably and they look fine until you get to the comment section.  There is no way to distinguish which are comments and which are my replies to the comments.  It's a complete mashup, very difficult to read.

4. chef-de-jour profile image96
      chef-de-jourposted 3 years agoin reply to this

No videos showing on the migrated sites for Owlcation.

Also, specific issue with bold and light font on my poetry analyses articles. On the migrated articles poetic lines are shown as all bold whereas the original lines alternate light and bold, to indicate where metrical stresses occur. Students are going to be confused!!

1. CYong74 profile image95
        CYong74posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Videos showing on mine. Haven't checked all, though, and I'm keeping fingers crossed.

2. AliciaC profile image93
        AliciaCposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I checked a video on one of my Owlcation articles and on one of someone else's. They both showed and worked for me. Maybe the videos are missing in specific situations that don't apply to my location or computer.

1. CYong74 profile image95
          CYong74posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm checking from Singapore too. Could this be a EU/California thing? You know, because of those recent regulations.

2. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 3 years ago

I was impressed by how easy the pages are to read on the new sites, both on mobile and desktop. That is a big plus. Pic quality seems greatly improved.

Some unsolicited advice:

The black is intensely black compared to most sites. I would drop back a little, but not much. I would also make the black less of an aesthetic statement by using some color in the title. Don't want visitors thinking you are some kind of uber urban New York arts collective or a gang of neo-nazis.

Overall, though, better than the rather tired layout it is replacing.

Bottom of the page seems a bit loose. It just trails away into a mess of uncontained comments.

Saw no ads on my visit (not using adblockers).

3. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image94
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 3 years ago

First, love the new look, it's just so much more on-trend and minimalistic.
    I'm pretty sure this has already been addressed but want to double check - you guys are fixing the tables, right? Because the headers on them aren't right.

samanthacubbisonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi Kierstin,

Do you mean on mobile or on desktop? If on desktop, could you provide a screenshot? Thanks!

2. samanthacubbison profile image82

Just got an update, looks like they've isolated where this is happening and they are working on it!

Samantha, are you referring to the issue with how tables are rendered on mobile as a single column?

Related. It's technically rendering as "intended," but we have to figure out how to incorporate the HubPages translation. It works in some cases, not in others and we use our tables in so many ways.

This is how it's supposed to look on mobile. But in some cases, there is a bug (minimalist-style table); and an issue with horizontal comparisons

https://hubstatic.com/15174739.png

Samantha, I don’t understand why it’s been decided that this is how it's supposed to look on mobile.

The repetition of the titles over and over again with just one cell of data underneath each one, is totally incomprehensible. No reader would be able to get any value out of that. The true meaning of the data is lost.

When hubs were on HubPages' Platform, the tables maintained their columns and rows as the author intended. But I understand why Maven wants to eliminate the need to scroll sideways to see multiple columns. However, I think another solution needs to be found. I have two ideas:

Tables with just two columns of data fit very well on a narrow mobile display. Why can’t we just keep the original display when a table only has one or two columns? 

Then, with three or more columns, notify the Hubber, with an alert icon on the stats page next to any hubs with table capsules, to review their table for reader friendliness on mobile displays.

The mobile view is already built into the hub tool. So let the Hubbers be responsible to make tables display properly on mobile, just as was done many years ago when two column hubs were eliminated for mobile friendliness. That would remove the burden on your programming staff working in vain with this issue.

1. Shesabutterfly profile image94
              Shesabutterflyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree! My table on my wehavekids article is a hot mess and completely uncomprehendable. My article is based on this table and if a solution is not created I'm going to have to remove my article completely, as it needs the table or the information provided in another way. Although I'm not sure how to do it without one.

It didn't look great on the pc when they changed the tables the first time (my table has 5 rows, so it was split 3 & 2), but it was at least understandable, unlike this format. Mine doesn't even make sense at all. I honestly don't even know how it's suppose to look when I look at the mobile version and I wrote the article!

Cholee, If you don't have a smartphone, you can view the way your article looks on mobile by going into the hub tool and clicking the "preview" button. Although I think they removed that feature on Maven.

Another way to see how it looks on mobile is to drag the width size of your browser window as small as possible. Then hubs should be rendered as if on mobile. And you'll see how your table changes. 

I can't guarantee that works with every browser or OS. But it works with several browsers I use on a Mac.

1. Shesabutterfly profile image94
                  Shesabutterflyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Glenn! I will try that when I attempt to adjust the table sometime this weekend. Honestly though I think it's too big, especially for this new format. Maybe I can make my information work better as a picture.

Hi Glenn, I believe we are pointing to the same issues here that are being addressed. The one thing I am trying to clarifying is that the tables are rendered appropriately on the front end-publisher—it's what we use across Maven (the issues are unique to HubPages content).

The issue, which you and the team have identified, is the translation from HubPages to the front-end. So while we as editors like the new look, there are use-cases where this setup fails. So it's going to take some work on our end to determine how to resolve it, even if that means turning back to a unique HubPages format. Our goal on our end is to always fix things so that authors and editors don't have to make any changes retroactively. Our team is confident that that can be done. We appreciate your patience!

I’m not sure if I understood you correctly Samantha. I think what you’re saying is that tables render properly with the intended rows and columns for Maven articles, and the problem with showing all table-data in only one column is isolated to HubPages content.

Did I understand that correctly? I just want to be sure we are on the same page. After all, the purpose of the table capsule is to display columns and rows.

If we can only show data in a single column now on mobile, then there is no point to use the table capsule anymore. That can be done with a text capsule. Multi-column displays would need to be done as an image created with an external tool, such as excel.

We are experiencing difficulties where this setup fails both on desktop and mobile. So we are trying to find a way to fix it. But the mobile tables are intended to be a single column for now.

Since that's the plan, I'm going to avoid using the table capsule, and I'll make table displays with images so my readers can interpret the data.

2. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image95
                    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Samantha, Do you recommend that we change the formatting of our tables then?  In one post you mentioned the minimalist table which is what I used.  Mine were mostly 3 columns and on mobile they are not right.  Thanks.

4. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 3 years ago

Thanks for the update.

5. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 3 years ago

Bellatory: still seeing grey empty bar at the top and big white spaces sad

Hobbylark: exactly the same. That grey bar hides about and inch and a half of the available browser screen.

No ad blocker on.

Is this only affecting UK visitors?

It's in the USA too. I see that large blank grey area at the top of all niche site hubs that were migrated to Maven. After a few seconds an ad appears in that grey area. I think that's useless since people will have scrolled down by then.

Bev, do you see the ad appear after a few seconds? If not, then it's probably different in the UK.

1. theraggededge profile image97
        theraggededgeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

No I don't see any ads, in the bar or in the article. It looks awful.

No I don't see any ads, in the bar or in the article. It looks awful.

The bar is always visible, the text scrolls under it.

https://hubstatic.com/15174595_f1024.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15174597_f1024.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15174598_f1024.jpg

1. lobobrandon profile image88
            lobobrandonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I got an ad blocker on and I don't see this. I only tested on one article on the home page of Bellatory. Typing in bellatory.com in my browser gave me an error, similar to what I reported for tatring.

2. Titia profile image92
            Titiaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I have the same here in Delishalby where I have 5 articles. The first articlel I clicked showed ads, the rest didn't. Then I clicked the first again and no ads appeared, just the grey bar and now I get no ads at all anymore. I use Firefox.

2. Glenn Stok profile image95

If you don't see any ads at all, then that's another issue. Are you sure you don't have an ad-blocker? You might also want to try a different browser.

I use opera but have tried Firefox as well. I've turned off ad-blockers. I use Ghostery and turn it on and off as necessary. I also made sure the browser built-in ad-blockers are off. I see ads as normal on the other HP sites. This is from Exemplore:

https://hubstatic.com/15175284.jpg

1. chef-de-jour profile image96

Still no ads on HobbyLark when I browse in normal mode, no Maven cookie consent pop-up either but when I go to InPrivate/incognito mode I get the Maven cookie consent pop-up. When I click on Accept the pop-up disappears but still no ads.
              I use Windows 10 Microsoft Edge. I also tried Chrome and got the same result. Grey bar plus white spaces.
              So, as Eugbug hinted at previously, is this no ads mullarkey to do with the EU GDPR consent issue? I'm wondering, do we need to tweak something as individuals on our device settings or is the ball with Maven? I'm in touch via email with the team who are still working hard for a resolution.

2. sallybea profile image94
            sallybeaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am still in the same situation.  I am still not seeing ads.  The solution offered to view the hubs incognito in my browser, Chrome made no difference.

1. sallybea profile image94
                sallybeaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi Glenn, I am in contact with Matt and I think he is still working on a fix.

6. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 3 years ago

What really matters is traffic. So the new SEO approaches need to work. Wait and see...

1. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Agree. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

7. Lisha C profile image86
    Lisha Cposted 3 years ago

It looks good, but one thing that seems to be a problem is the new quiz capsule. It is not very easy to understand, and answers cannot be chosen. It now seems like part of the article itself. Providing the 'Answer Key' and 'Interpreting Your Score' in separate subheadings looks a bit strange.

I feel that the old interactive way was better--choosing one answer and getting only the relevant score on the fly.

Quizzes become static HTML when transferred to the new publishing platform. They aren't interactive anymore.

8. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 3 years ago

Re: tables.

My best performing hub (1,500 - 2k views a day) relies heavily on tables. It's on Exemplore so hasn't been migrated yet.

One table, which is pivotal to the content, is 5 columns x 10 rows.

I've just edited it to display the tables as images. Not the best solution but I really don't want the article messed up. I've left the original tables as 'do not display this capsule' so if there is a solution I can edit it quickly. I just hope the editors aren't going to see these 'images' as low quality.

If anyone knows of a better way to do this, please share smile

Hi Bev,

I suggest holding off on making any changes as a fix is in the works. Thanks for your patience!

Okay, Samantha, thanks. The ones I have made are completely reversible, so no problem.

For sure. I just don’t want you editing your whole library for naught!

9. Butterfly67 profile image89
    Butterfly67posted 3 years ago

I'm not seeing any ads on WeHaveKids :-(

10. Titia profile image92
    Titiaposted 3 years ago

What about the ratings on recipe articles? I don't mind if they're not there anymore, but the title still shows and that looks rather silly.

Titia, I just checked mine and I see the same thing. The ratings capsule has become static on Maven and is no longer interactive, just like the quiz capsules.  I’ll let the team know just in case it was overlooked.

Ratings are not meant to be interactive in this initial phase and should appear as a static image with text. But Polls are still interactive and you are able to vote.

11. EricDockett profile image96
    EricDockettposted 3 years ago

I just noticed the amazon text links do not have the little (A) symbol next to them, at least in the article I saw on Bellatory.

Is it not an FTC requirement to clearly show when a link is going out to an affiliate site?

It feels like there are a lot of things that weren't fully considered with these sites. Is there a rush for some reason?

Also: I only see polls with adblocker off. hmm

1. EricDockett profile image96
      EricDockettposted 3 years agoin reply to this

There is also no affiliate disclosure anywhere on the page (that I can see). This is required by the FTC as well as the Amazon Associates Program.

Both of these issues have been reported. Will reply with an update soon!

Hey Eric,

Could you send me a link to an article with a poll that is behaving this way?

Samantha, this might be helpful. I just tested the poll with a few browsers.

I see the poll with AND without the adblocker on Firefox. Using “Adblock Plus.”

I see the poll with AND without the adblocker on Chrome. Using “Adblocker for Chrome.”

However, I did find a case where the poll is blocked and showing only the subtitle. That was with the Avast Secure Browser, which has a built-in ad blocker by default. 

I’ll email you the screenshots.

Hi Glenn,

Thanks! I sent you a reply.

Samantha, I just noticed something else that needs to be added to the list of issues.

That example hub I sent you has a few places where I use superscript to indicate references that are listed at the end of the article. On Maven, the superscript is not rendering. It appears as ordinary text.

Got it!

2. EricDockett profile image96

@Samantha - Every article I look at on Bellatory has the same issue. I am using Chrome and Adblock Plus. Polls do not appear with adblocker on. It doesn't matter if I am signed in or signed out, or if I have just cleared my browser. I can send you individual urls if you want, but it appears to be every article with a poll.

I don't have the same issue with Edge, using the same Adblock Plus. It does not prevent me from seeing the polls.

Observation: Trying to navigate these sites with adblocker off reminds me of the olden days of the internet with gaudy flashing banners, ads that covered half the screen, and pop-ups everywhere.

That doesn’t seem to be the case for everyone, so we’re taking a closer look as to why this is only happening to some people. Will keep you posted!

Samantha, Eric says he is using “Adblock Plus” on Chrome. I’m using “Adblocker” on Chrome, as I previously reported.

So that could be the reason why Eric’s poll is blocked and mine isn’t. Evidently, each ad blocker behaves differently.

More importantly to be aware of, is that any particular adblocker works differently on different browsers. That’s indicated by the fact that “Adblock Plus” on Firefox allows the poll to work, as I also reported yesterday. But “Adblock Plus” on Chrome blocks the poll.

Hope that helps clarify the confusion.

Yes, I am aware. We are troubleshooting different methods and trying to figure it out.

1. chef-de-jour profile image96

Ads which invade a capsule and split the text are a complete nightmare for the reader. I have hundreds of articles in migration and my readership - mostly students at college, school and uni - will be turned off by this I know. Concerned.

1. eugbug profile image96
                  eugbugposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Same here. I would be reaching for the back button and ad blocker.

2. lobobrandon profile image88

Adsense auto ads tends to do this where ads are placed at places it deems "best". I have a feeling the team is using similar technology. It is not really the best.

So a text module with multiple paragraphs and blockquotes isn't seen as a separate entity and the ad can be placed between a HTML end tag and start tag?

Could I get a sample link if it is not too much trouble? I checked through 7 articles on Bellatory and could not find a poll in any. I want to test it out with Chrome and Adblock (not plus) to see if it is the same problem.

I am seeing it on all Bellatory articles and now Owlcation too. Here is one article specifically:

https://bellatory.com/fashion-accessori … Wristwatch

Matt can't recreate the issue so maybe it is somehow specfic to my setup?

No wonder I did not see any polls, I don't see one on this article either. I deactivated adblock and ghostery and I then have white space. With the adblocks on it just jumps to the comments without a hint of something missing. The statement from the author is the only indication that there is a poll towards the end.

So it's not just me!

I wonder why Matt couldn't reproduce it.

You are browsing from the US, right? No VPN? So far all the issues with ads, etc. seem to be affecting EU traffic + the UK.

The only issue I can imagine is that I am using an older version of Windows (8.1).

Otherwise, I'm just using Chrome and adblock plus, in the US.

But why in the world would a poll get blocked for anyone, anywhere?

Also: It works correctly with Edge, so maybe it has nothing to do with the OS.

2. Glenn Stok profile image95

Eric, we discovered in the other forum thread on Monday that the poll is blocked by certain ad blockers. We even narrowed it down. I thought Matt knew that because I mentioned it in the other forum, and sent the team the specific info too.

I’ll have to check my sent emails and find the information again. I remember that we found one ad blocker that blocked polls and another that didn’t. I’ll have to send Matt the details once I look it up again. I’m keeping a list of outstanding issues in a file, but it’s too extensive to keep in my head. lol.

EDIT:  By the way, the same ad blocker seems to block videos. That’s why some people see it and some don’t. It seems to me that polls, videos, and Amazon capsules are identified as ads by some ad blockers. Maven must be rendering them differently to make that happen.

I noticed it blocking the YouTube videos too.

Trying to remain positive here but this is starting to feel bad. I wish the team would put things on pause for a bit until they get this all sorted out.

No ad blocker and I still see nothing. It is not an adblocker issue. This has happened in the recent past with videos on Hubpages there are a few threads about it, but that issue fixed itself. This comes together with a plethora of other issues. It's sad that they cannot pause the move. Looks like someone higher up the hierarchy is trying to squeeze all the golden eggs out of the goose.

12. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 3 years ago

Update: I'm not sure when Owlcation moved, but being in the EU I have got the option to accept cookies, etc. right now. It has been a while since I visited a hub of mine on this site. The issue with the ads is most likely not because of a consent issue. I still see grey boxes and blank spaces in the hub.

Also, I do not see the video on my Tomato a fruit or vegetable hub.

13. eugbug profile image96
    eugbugposted 3 years ago

I viewed one of my articles on Owlcation using a VPN and a US based server. Both ads and videos display ok. The layout is awful though with a huge intrusive right sidebar (Is this so wide format ads can be used?). Also ads are being inserted into text modules, splitting the text.
    https://hubstatic.com/15183425_f1024.jpg

Ads between modules were always a thing. In this case it is before the callout capsule. That's why someone suggested that I do not split text modules unless necessary. 

I am surprised people actually stick around to read the article when it is currently ads with an article thrown in instead of being an article with ads.

Yes, I just checked, the right bar isn't wider, but there's a huge amount of blank white space to the right. I presume that's a side effect of sizing the layout so it appears the same on both desktop and mobile devices?
        Ads are actually being placed inside a text module, splitting the text. This is the module as I created it.....

https://hubstatic.com/15183474.png

This is how it displays.

https://hubstatic.com/15183490_f1024.jpg

My mistake. I saw the bar near the equation and assumed it was a callout capsule.

2. chef-de-jour profile image96

Right now our articles are being de-authenticated by this migration and this must be put right asap. it would be good to get some concrete information from the team re resolutions.

I agree.

3. EricDockett profile image96

They are appearing right in the middle of the text capsules now too, not only in the break between capsules.

In my case the ad was inserted in a text module between the end of a paragraph and the start of a block quote.

2. AliciaC profile image93
          AliciaCposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I've just seen an ad in the middle of a text capsule on a Bellatory article. The article was very hard to read. Ads in the sidebar were flashing as they changed, one ad was shown repeatedly in the article, including within a text capsule, and I had to close two distracting horizontal bars at the bottom to get rid of them. The situation is worrying.

14. eugbug profile image96
    eugbugposted 3 years ago

Here's another problem to add to the list. Images aren't being scaled to a constant width. Hopefully this doesn't mean we're going to have download all images and reupload at a fixed width. The first image is on the "old" Owlcation and the second is on the "new" site.

https://hubstatic.com/15183483_f1024.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15183484_f1024.jpg

From these screenshots, I could only imagine that the maximum width allowed on the new design exceeds that of the old, and your first image is shown at 100% width while the second may be at 100% or scaled-down, but it is larger than the available space so it extends more than the first one which is already at its maximum. A large sentence, I hope it makes sense. Many people are going to have the same issue. I will have to check mine out as well.

15. EricDockett profile image96
    EricDockettposted 3 years ago

@Samantha: There are clearly a wide range of problems with this new site layout. Why not put on the brakes and fix the issues before migrating any more sites?

Unfortunately, we are unable to pause migration at this point. We have taken note and are working on this issues.

16. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 3 years ago

Yes, still no Ads on the new sites.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)