Of Course, Trump Resorts to Name Calling Because That's All He's Got

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Sychophantastic profile image86
    Sychophantasticposted 3 years ago

Right after Joe Biden announced Kamala Harris as his running mate, Donald Trump called her nasty, his catch-all word for any woman he doesn't like.

Right after Joe Biden announced Harris as his running mate, Eric Trump gave a thumbs up to a tweet calling Harris a "whore". The tweet implied she was a whore because the poster said she was a "whorendous" choice.

So this is the criticism of Harris from the right? She's nasty and a whore?

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I like to think that criticism of Harris would be based on her record rather than prepubescent name calling.

Is this the best that Team Trump has got?

Sychophantasticposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Did you see that now the right wing is promoting a birther story? Apparently they think Harris isn’t qualified because of something to do with her parents.

This just the beginning, the President borders on a foundation of misogyny with his attacks. He and his son have already engaged in vulgar and coarse name calling that certainly can't help Trump with the female vote this fall.

Here's how Trump and his campaign described her. Apparently, the campaign sent this out to his supporters, soliciting donations.

"the meanest, the most horrible, most disrespectful of anybody in the U.S. Senate."

1. Sharlee01 profile image79
              Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

His quote in its context. Trump referred to her demeanor, not her person.
              "Donald Trump said that Kamala Harris, the presumptive Democratic vice presidential nominee, called her “nasty” for the way that she questioned Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and said that he was surprised that Joe Biden picked her as his running mate.

“I was surprised that he picked her,” Trump told reporters on Tuesday. “I have been watching her for a long time. I was a little surprised. She was extraordinarily nasty to Brett Kavanaugh — Judge Kavanaugh then, now Justice Kavanaugh. She was nasty to a level that was just a horrible thing the way she treated now-Justice Kavanaugh, and I won’t forget that soon.”

He also called her “the meanest” and “disrespectful.”

2. Live to Learn profile image60
          Live to Learnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It isn't the right wing. It's a story in Newsweek. A left leaning magazine.

Newsweek hatched a birther story?

The birther thing came from a publication called Judicial Watch and a writer named Tom Fitton. So, very right wing, as usual.

1. Live to Learn profile image60

https://www.newsweek.com/editors-note-e … sm-1524800

Here is an editor's note from Newsweek about the op ed article in Newsweek about Kamala Harris's ineligibility to hold the office, by his understanding of the meaning of the guidelines in the constitution.

Call me right wing, for pointing out a truthful fact. At least you aren't posing as a far right conspiracy theorist anymore.

Good point.

2. GA Anderson profile image89
                GA Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That was a nice catch. I haven't followed this issue, or this thread, but I can see how your link derails the claim of the comment that started it.

GA

Not sure how that derails calling her nasty and a whore. Further, not sure how it derails the race-based argument that Harris is not eligible because her parents were foreigners and she owes her allegiance to another country. This is the same right-wing garbage we got with Obama. He’s not a real American. Harris isn’t a real American.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
                    GA Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You must have me at a disadvantage Sychophantastic, because I have not followed this issue beyond this thread.

At this point, Live to Learn's explanatory link made sense to me. There is no "controversy" or "conspiracy" regarding Harris' birth eligibility, there is only an ongoing scholarly debate about the Constitutional aspects of the "citizen" issue—which has been ongoing well before Harris hit the scene.

You are completely twisting the debate issue to follow an agenda that is ridiculous. And any 'Right-wing' folks that consider this a real issue are idiots too.

My comment, and the point of this thread it addressed, have nothing to do with name-calling. That's on you.

Live to Learn's link does completely derail the claim that a Newsweek article, (which factually described wasn't a reporting article but was instead an opinion piece), claims there is a Right-wing birther movement against Harris.

GA

2. Live to Learn profile image60

Everything is not about race. Those who refuse to allow a credible question to advance simply because there is a person of color involved are, to me, the most racist of all. What was the intent of that section in the constitution? How do we apply it in the modern world? It's a complex question we need to answer. They asked the same thing about,who was it? Ted Cruz?  Why is it ok to ask questions as long as a minority isn't part of the equation?

Kamala is a politician. She has said unkind things, herself. She has unfairly demonized people with twisted facts, herself. Give us all a break. Wait for a real reason to run to her defense, if one happens. This one's a non starter.

3. Sharlee01 profile image79
          Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Not the right, a journalist that wrote an article for News Week... Seems odd you think anyone on the right bought into the story. I have seen very little media coverage on the story. Other than a press person asking the president about the article. And he said he knew little about the article other than the journalist John Eastman, professor of law at Chapman University. He made no comment on its content... Other than that media is not covering the article in question. No one is promoting the story on any respectable media outlet.

2. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I think Kamala Harris has a lot of things going against her that team Trump can use against her and Biden.  This video link proves that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4fjA0K2EeE

Damn it, Joe.

Here we are screwing up fresh out of the starting gate.

Joe and his entourage have had adequate time to vet these candidates properly knowing that desperate Republicans would dig deep into their bags of dirty tricks to win. This is our screwup.

Considering the crap the GOP put Obama through and Harris' background, I would have anticipated this concern and would have made sure that she was legally eligible without question or select another candidate. It is just another area of contention that we cannot afford right now.

These guys are not on the ball, and this is how we lose in 2020.

If I did not know better, I would say that the Republicans are surreptitiously selecting our candidates with a built in poison pill.

Joe, please spend less time pandering and more time doing the job right.

1. wilderness profile image94
            wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"If I did not know better, I would say that the Republicans are surreptitiously selecting our candidates with a built in poison pill."

Or you are beginning to find out just how poisonous the top of the "progressive" party really is....

No matter how poisonous, it is still better than the worst President in history.

Also, neither Biden nor Harris is all that progressive.

2. Credence2 profile image78

Obviously, you haven't a clue as to what progressive democrats are, otherwise you would not have said this.

If the progressive wing of the party were in fact running things, you would have different candidates.

Those in control of the party apparatus are, unfortunately, no sot progressive

2. Sychophantastic profile image86

I have no problem if they want to attack Harris on issues.

2. My Esoteric profile image87
      My Esotericposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"... and many that he does like", lol

3. My Esoteric profile image87
      My Esotericposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Bottom line though, Trump's name calling is a defensive mechanism used my many with his type of mental illness.  They have to do it to overcome their deep-seated sense that they aren't good enough.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)