Why is long hair sexy?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (75 posts)
  1. lizy625 profile image60
    lizy625posted 14 years ago

I have to say, as I have long locks, I have always been known for my "sexy hair"! Why do guys think long hair is sexy?

1. guidebaba profile image59
      guidebabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like and love the smell of soap and shampoo coming out from freshly washed long hairs of a beautiful lady. cool

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/06/22/article-0-01B5182600000578-671_468x716.jpg

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think long hair (on men and women) represents a romantic or sensitive nature, which are appealing traits in my book. plus it's pretty.

2. ediggity profile image60
        ediggityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

IMO Men think longer hair is sexy, and tend to shy away from short hair, because subconsciously guys don't want to feel like they are with another dude.

3. NarayanKrishna profile image63
        NarayanKrishnaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Long hair is a sign of healty person. Long silky hair is good to touch.

4. brandasaur profile image60
        brandasaurposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It gives this oomph to some people, very charming and womanly.

2. profile image0
      rednckwmnposted 14 years ago

Im not a guy, sorry. but I can tell you what Ive been told.
      Its cuz they like to have something to hold onto. Ever put your hair in braids, or pigtails? They get pulled....
      But I also know that most men, will think a woman is sexy, if she feels confident in her own skin. Long or short hair, if YOU like it, they like it...

lizy625posted 14 years agoin reply to this

-you mean they like my "personality?"

1. profile image0
          rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!  lol 
          I mean.."its whats inside that counts.."
          no really. I mean, when a woman is comfortable with herself, it shows. Men see that reflected as sexy. They might never see your personality if you have nice rack tho.  smile

lizy625posted 14 years agoin reply to this

_I knew it!!"DDD"-bad boys!!lol-

1. profile image0

lol
              your hair is pretty!! btw

3. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

Being a  guy, I'd say that a dood looking chic with long hair does something for me.  It's a combination of her face and how the hair is worn.  Long hair that isn't taken care of, just hangs down and is always tucked behind the ears is NOT sexy.  Long hair that is clean, shiney and taken care of is very sexy.

1. myownworld profile image73
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ooh blood...u do know that women like some hair on their guys too? u better grow some fast!

1. profile image0
          bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's what I heard, so now I'm hitting all of the Halloween shops looking for a real nice wig.

Ha ha!!! Must wear it to that lunch date of ours......

1. profile image0

I'll do it real nice for you... Or maybe I'll just wear a hat..

hmm...u in a pile of food...with that wig (even if it's braided!)...a hat on top and no badco in sight....sounds like a dream....!

1. profile image0

or night mare....! wink

1. profile image0

The only nightmare would be to miss it.

2. profile image0

I'm what they call every woman's dream!

4. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years ago

As long as their toes and arm pits aren't  hairy. wink

thanks Ral. that should do it!!!

2. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL Charlie you beat me to it! lol

long pubic hair aren't too sexy either wink

3. Jennifer D. profile image69
        Jennifer D.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very funny! There are a lot of women like that in Canada! OH!

Long hair is sexy because a woman can toss it over her shoulder, hide behind it, and act all demure with it. Women can use their hair as an accessory.

4. shanekruger profile image60
        shanekrugerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very Funny lol

5. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years ago

Now you are sexy MOW.

glad my hairless self could please....!

6. thranax profile image72
      thranaxposted 14 years ago

i like my girls long hair cuz when im bored I play with it. Idk really, it just seems to me my internal thoughts are girls should have long hair.

~thranax~

7. profile image0
      LEWJposted 14 years ago

Long hair has been associated with health, vitality and abundance for ages.
      On women, it provides a gracious frame for their faces.   When it's luxurious AND well-groomed, it accents everything good about a woman's face; it even creates some compensation for a facial structure toward which genetics have not been kindly disposed.

It's about the beauty of balance and symmetry, the natural appeal and power of femininity.
      The Beachboys sang a popular song in the 60s called  "Vibrations"; they have a line in there that compliments the clothes a dreamgirl wears  "and the way the sunlight smiles upon your hair".    That song is one of my very favorites from the 60s.
      Natural or artificial light playing upon a woman's hair is a sensual, thrilling sight, reflecting the poetic possibilities of her inner spirit.

The sexual connotations of hair (whether on heads or other body parts) are also old.
      There's a very real ancient psychological link between it and eroticism.
      For one thing, whatever hair prominently grows upon it also highlights, drawing visual contact to that location.    Then there's the shape or growth pattern image projected by hair.
      Widow's peaks, loose wisps, shocks of hair, loose strands of different thicknesses and lengths, strands that have been laid down across the skin by perspiration, the tilt and lean of bonded strands--all possess unique visual imagery that carries subliminal resonance.

Then there's the coloration and texture of female hair.   The sudden appearance of female blonde hair from out of (or within) a crowd can steal attention from a tornado, if only for a moment.    The same goes for other hair coloring, depending on who's seeing it.

The dynamics of female hair is still another feature of its sensuality.   Female hair blown by a breeze is a very ancient poetic image.   The effect is synonymous with the graceful movement of willows in a wind.  Graceful motion is universally appealing, even erotic; witness the response of fans to graceful athletics.

For these reasons and more, long hair draped over a female head presents one of the most beautiful and gracious natural coverings in Nature.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You should make this into a hub -mysteries of hair or erotic hair ( yea that might work)

1. profile image0

erotic mystery hiar.  lol

2. profile image0
          LEWJposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought of that possibility...thanks for the suggestion.

8. profile image0

I have erotic mystery hair in a few places

9. shamelabboush profile image50
      shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

It's so damn sexy... It makes a woman drizzling and sizzling...

10. myownworld profile image73
      myownworldposted 14 years ago

hey guys get a grip!!!

1. shamelabboush profile image50
        shamelabboushposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your hair is my type by the way smile. Long and silky like the river smile

very charming, I must say...but at the moment its being tugged by too many hands here...am running for my life now!

Please stay and overwhelm me!!!! I have just started...

1. profile image0

my hair is availalbe for now?....

1. profile image0

Mind if I give it a light tug?

1. profile image0

not at all.

1. profile image0

Life is good!

2. shamelabboush profile image50

I AM still available darling smile

1. profile image0

I have emailed you....

Ooops! Invigorating........ smile

1. profile image0

he he he he  lol what a nice word!!!
                      how are you today?

2. shamelabboush profile image50

Nothing received so far sad

1. profile image0

sad I have a bad connection today..I will look into it...
                      anyway, I hope you are well.

11. profile image0

Can I get a grip of your hair?

1. profile image0

see? I told ya..  smile  they like to yank it...hahhah

12. myownworld profile image73
      myownworldposted 14 years ago

oh no! I knew that was coming.....!

1. profile image0

Sorry, I just thought that's what you were wanting..

13. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

I don't think long hair by itself is sexy! What's more important is what's attached to the hair! Personally what I find most sexy is a smile, a look, confidence without fear, strength and femininity. Now she can have long, hair, short hair, be thin or thick but if she has the right personality as I described, she'll appear sexy to me!

14. guidebaba profile image59
      guidebabaposted 14 years ago

It also depends on how a lady carries her long hair.

15. SweetiePie profile image83
      SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I have long hair because I like it, but if other people do not that is their problem.  I used to have a few ladies tell me about how they were getting haircuts that day, or that hair is too long when it can be put in a ponytail.  Interestingly I was wearing a ponytail that day lol.

16. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I love long hair, it makes me feel like a naturaaaaaaaaaaaal woman ~~woman ~~ singing~~~ 

ohh, I need to find some good emoticons.

1. ScarletRyan1970 profile image61
        ScarletRyan1970posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Depends on where the long hair is situated.Ah ha ha.

Scarlet

17. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I have always had long hair down to my buttocks, and I never dated a man with hair shorter than below his shoulderblades, infact my hubby has hair past his buttocks...beautiful strawberry blond..I do not know, I guess it is just a preference . I know guys and girls who only are attracted to the opposite sex if they have stylish short hair..different strokes for different folks per say.

18. chrissie123 profile image60
      chrissie123posted 14 years ago

As a Woman I love it! I have somewhat long hair and letting it grow. For some reason I just love it! I feel confident with it.

19. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

more feminine more sexier more confident

20. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years ago

I think short hair is sexy on the right woman.

But long wavy hair is just part of my identity.  I've had it long...to the middle of the back...since past the age of twelve.

21. profile image57
      urbanbuddahposted 14 years ago

sexy is sexy period. it is defined by the individual. you can have short hair and be sexy or have long hair and have no sex appeal at all.

22. somedress2011 profile image60
      somedress2011posted 12 years ago

A lady who have a long and beautiful hair will be thought a Gentle, intellectual woman,not alone a beautiful woman,most person like her,the hair smells good .i like long hair too, especially touches Submissive,when the hair is dancing with the wind,it is so sexy .

23. LadyMar profile image60
      LadyMarposted 12 years ago

I've heard men prefer long hair as long as it is shiny and well-cared for.  I prefer shoulder length to longer hair because it is easier to take care of.  If having a bad hair day, I can wear it up in a ponytail, french twist, etc.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)