Do anyone here knows about this blogging site?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (48 posts)
  1. Misbah786 profile image85
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Hello Beautiful Souls,

Does anyone know about this Blogging site?
    hubpagee2.blogspot (I am unable to enter the homepage of this site as it asks to install Adblocker and gives an error but I can see my article copied there from the link given below)

I just found one of my articles on this Blogging site along with all the original comments and pictures plus a link to my original article as well.

See all my comments and every single word is directly copied from my original article
    [link removed]

A link to my original article: https://discover.hubpages.com/food/how- … zy-lasagna

Does anyone know about this blogging site? A few months ago a fellow hubber emailed me asking for permission to use this recipe in his E-Book. I permitted him and he agreed to give me a free EBook and said he will credit me as well. In march probably he said he will take it after 2 weeks and will give me a free EBook after that he vanished.
    Today, I found this article on a blogging site mentioned above.

I am not sure if the hubber stole that article or someone else ( that hubber is also a blogger), But it happened to me, and not only just here but a large part of this article is also copied on this website as well:
    [link removed]

I was not notified by HubPages about the duplication and the article was copied in February

Thanks a lot
    Peace and Blessings

1. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Don't download anything that pops up from hubpagee2.blogspot. It is most likely malware. If your content has been copied file a DMCA complaint with the site and with Google search. Please visit the FAQ for instructions.

Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Matt, Thank you so much for removing the links from the post and for your guidance.

2. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

No never heard of that site, Misbah, but just after I checked it out I got a warning message on my iPad saying my device had been infected by 13 trojan viruses compromising my accounts including Facebook, Whatsapp etc. and advising me to download something from the Ap Store to get rid of them. I don’t know if this is linked to that blog site but beware.

I am so sorry, John. I tried to open it with my laptop and it asked me to install an AdBlocker and I did. It was a Chrome Browser extension after that I started getting website errors, but only on that blog site nowhere else. Don't install anything It can be a virus and can be harmful to the device

But I think many of our articles are copied there as the name of the website says "Hubpagee2"
      I think we should bring it to the team's notice. Maybe I am not the only victim.
      Thanks a lot. Stay safe
      Blessings

2. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It is a Blogspot blog. Very unlikely this is the source of your troubles. You cannot really add code to a blogspot blog other than some javascript and HTML. Nothing that could harm your computer in the way you mentioned. If you clicked a link from that blog to another website though it is possible.

Lobobrandon, It's not possible to see their homepage
        The very first link I mentioned on this forum post

1. lobobrandon profile image88

I see it without issues. Weird. I also got Ghostery and Adblock.

Lobobrandon, that's strange. Can you please search and find my name on that site. Just want to know if it's the only article or there are more.

Put this into google:

site:hubpagee2.blogspot.com "misbah"

There are 6 pages with your name on it.

OMG, Amara’s recent work is also there. She published it day before yesterday
                The K2 one. I am not the only victim

2. Misbah786 profile image85

See what happens when I try to open it
                It’s from IPad now

https://hubstatic.com/15573243_f1024.jpg

Look at the website you are on: network - internet. com that is a different website.

Yes, but it opens when I click the link to their home page

I have named a few authors below.  I can see their articles through the Google search as you suggested.

It's not only me who gets error see John's comment above.

2. theraggededge profile image96
        theraggededgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

If it's a Google-owned site, it's the easiest thing to have it taken down.

https://support.google.com/legal/troubl … 5?hl=en-GB

Yup. In the past, I have had many of them taken down through DMCA complaints. It's been a few years since I have seen a blogspot blog.

I will check it now, Bev
          Thank you so much

3. Misbah786 profile image85

I have just written an email to the HP team regarding this issue
    When I open the link of the copied article I can see the HubPages logo on the tab.
    So, does it mean they are using HubPages logo as well? Or is it directly linked with the HubPages?

1. Kenna McHugh profile image91
      Kenna McHughposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I look forward to hearing what HP says.

Yes, Kenna, I am also waiting for their response
        Blessings to you

2. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It's just a site stealing your content. I encourage everyone to file DMCA complaints with the site and with Google search. Please visit the FAQ for instructions.

Thanks for your kind response, Matt

4. Eric Caunca profile image97
    Eric Cauncaposted 2 years ago

I have already seen that site
    when I was new at HP. I thought it was just one of the HP page so I ignored it.

Eric, Where have you seen it before?

5. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 2 years ago

It's not the best idea to post active links to these places in the forum. 1. The unwary may click on them and have issues on their devices, as has happened here, and 2. You are providing them with a nice, legitimate backlink.

Always break up the URL with spaces so it is not active. Anyone who knows what they are doing can put it back together in order to check out the site.

You are right, Bev. I am really sorry for that. In future I will do it carefully. I can open and see the link to my copied article but can't see their Home Page.
      Don't know
      Blessings and Love

1. theraggededge profile image96

Don't apologise, Misbah smile It's just that we don't want to give these thieves any benefits by linking to them from HubPages.

Okay, Bev smile

6. Misbah786 profile image85

I am not the only victim Tanmoy’s, Vanita’s, Brenda’s and Amara’s work is also there

7. Amara Hassan profile image88
    Amara Hassanposted 2 years ago

Thank you very much Misbah for notifying me, what should we be doing now?

8. Misbah786 profile image85

Nithya Venkat
    JYOTI SHUKLA
    Toni Newton
    Alyssa
    Vanita Thakkar
    Keith Abt
    Mr. Bill Holland

Their works are also there

9. Amara Hassan profile image88

Yes Misbah, many articles of mine have been copied there, as well as many articles of other Hubers.

10. Misbah786 profile image85

Please everyone who can see this forum start to follow

11. Misbah786 profile image85

I can see the work of the following authors
    Nithya Venkat
    JYOTI SHUKLA
    Charlie Halliday
    Toni Newton
    Alyssa
    Vanita Thakkar
    Keith Abt
    Mr. Bill Holland
    Amara Hasan
    Tanmoy
    Vanita Thakar
    Sankhajit Bhattacharjee
    Brenda Arledge
    Ravi Rajan

12. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 2 years ago

Blogspot is owned by Google. All you have to do is fill this form in:

https://support.google.com/legal/troubl … 5?hl=en-GB

Bev, there are 100's of articles. The blogspot is named as hubpagee2. If, I am not wrong. I think, team@hubpages need to take some action as well
      I haven't heard back anything from them until now.

Just do your own. I believe Brandon said there were five? Google will most likely take the whole thing down.

The more people who do it, the more likely it will disappear in a couple of days. HubPages staff are unlikely to get involved.

Okay, Bev
          Thanks a lot
          Blessings to you smile

13. Amara Hassan profile image88

But Bev g I think HP must do something, as that blogger using HP name and our stuff.

They won't. This has happened a lot in the past. They say we are responsible for our own copyright material.

So fill in the form big_smile

Exactly, what I was pointing out, Amara
      I sent them an email yesterday. Let’s see if I get any response from the team. I will let you all know. Meanwhile, we should follow Bev’s instruction.
      Blessings

1. Alyssa Nichol profile image94
        Alyssa Nicholposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Misbah. It's always frustrating and annoying when this happens. Good luck getting a response. I've had several of my pieces copied, filed complaints, and nothing ever happens. At this point, I just roll my eyes and keep on moving.

You have to submit a DMCA - it's a legal document. Find the webhost and go directly to them. Leaving comments or contacting the site email address is a waste of time.

If they are Russian or Chinese sites, just ignore.

Same happened with me, Alyssa.
          I once filed a DMCA nothing happened

14. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

That is the same message I get on my iPad saying it is infected with three viruses and to go to the ap store to get a certain ap. to repair it.

Yes, John, happened with me as well on IPad

15. Misbah786 profile image85

I have submitted a DMCA
    I encourage everyone else whose work has been copied on that Blogspot site to file a DMCA
    Let's get it removed

https://hubstatic.com/15573848_f1024.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)