"The Empire Strikes Back", the GOP will rip itself apart?

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (84 posts)
  1. Credence2 profile image80
    Credence2posted 2 years ago

This is where the analogy ends. For all the things Donald Trump is, he is certainly no Luke Skywalker.

There has been increasing rumblings as of late from the GOP mainstream that it has had it with Trump's endless supply of bull$hit.

Senator McConnell, otherwise known "affectionately" as the"Old Crow" in Trump circles, an apt description if I can say so, myself, is no longer willing to "kiss the ring"? Trump is still cross with McConnell for his tepid support of his infrastructure plan while supporting the one put forth by the Democrats. I understand that he has demanded that he be removed from his leadership post as Senate Minority Leader.

Former VP Mike Pence, who may well have presidential ambitions of his own, has found a bone or two to pick with Trump.
    -------
    "Former Vice President Mike Pence vowed last week to support sitting Republican governors against primary challengers backed by former President Trump, according to The Wall Street Journal."

"Trump has raged in recent months against Republican governors who he believes were insufficiently loyal, or did not do enough to help him overturn his election loss, backing primary challenges to former close allies like Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp. But Pence, himself the former governor of Indiana, told the Republican Governors Association (RGA) last week that he plans to back sitting governors that drew his former running mate's ire."
    -------
    Hmm, Trump did not bother to disavow the rallying cries of the rightwing mob, last January 6th, to "hang Mike Pence", the very thought of this mad dog mob with him in the crosshairs must have made him wet his pants. Trump is still mad at Pence for performing his duties  as prescribed in the Constitution, rather than to listen to him. Yet, the Rightwinger sees this man as a great leader. Quite frankly, I could do well without either one.
    -----
    "A new name to surface on Trump's hit list is Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey, according to the report. Trump blames Ivey — a staunchly conservative Republican — for a state commission decision that prevented him from holding a rally last July at the USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park. The commission said it canceled the rally because the facility, which houses a World War II battleship and other historic military aircraft, cannot be used for political events."
    ---
    Seems like the Governor has a reasonable enough explanation to me. Who does Trump think that he is, and why does he persist like a bad penny?

Here is more
    ---
    "But some Republican incumbents are instead trying to distance themselves from Trump. A growing number of Republicans view Virginia Gov.-elect Glenn Youngkin's victory earlier this month, in which the Republican refused to campaign with Trump or endorse his false claims about the 2020 election, as a sign that they don't need the former president's support to win."

Youngkin's victory in Virginia and Chris Christie's admonition about Trump needing to keep a low profile fell on deaf ears. Is anyone surprised, Trump's ego is insurmountable.

As nice as possible within polite GOP establishment political circles, Trump is being told to "drop dead".

Reminds me of the presidential race in 1912. You had the mainstream GOP faction represented by William Howard Taft verses the offshoot led by one giant of man named Theodore Roosevelt, splinting the GOP ticket with his "Bull Moose" party. The schism was enough to permit Woodrow Wilson, a Democrat, to win the presidency. History does have a way of repeating itself in the strangest ways.

Again, that is where the analogy ends, Donald Trump is no Theodore Roosevelt. But, I think that if you change Bull Moose to Bull $hit, you would be "spot on".

I would grab a front row seat in this match between GOP factions, I might even come out from retirement to help with ticket sales.

Ironically, Abe Lincoln's admonition has contemporary significance " a house divided against itself cannot stand"

Your thoughts?

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The "establishment", whether Democrat or Republican, did not support Trump the first time.  You remember, the time he won, when everyone on the Hill pooh poohed him...right up until he won the office?

It is the people that elected Trump, not McConnell, not Pence and not Ivey.  If he is elected again it will once more be the people that do it.

Credence2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I do remember that this long shot managed to become the front runner for the GOP in 2016.

In 2016, he won only through the Electoral College, losing the popular vote. He lost by 7 million votes and the electoral college in 2020.

The people that you refer to may well be "your people". 2024 will probably prove to be unlike the previous contests. Will there be enough of your people to sustain Trump in the next round? That is what we will have to see, and bucking the GOP establishment as the vehicle from which his candidacy will be promoted certainly is not going to help.

It will certainly be an interesting campaign season.  I expect (and hope) that "my people" (I don't actually have a group I identify with) will choose someone else for their candidate.

But if not I am almost certain to vote for Trump again.  Democrat policies are destroying our country and must be halted. I am not appreciative of the highest inflation in 30 years OR of indiscriminately bringing in illegal aliens and spreading them through the country under the cover of darkness.  I don't even think much of once more being dependent on foreign oil or high gas prices and I don't use but very little gasoline and no natural gas.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
            Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Generally things have double price since Biden taking over. The economy and free speech is falling apart.

I find it haliarious that people think we  can save humanity by poli- tricks and billionaires. It just the opposite.

2. peterstreep profile image81
            peterstreepposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's why you can't call the US a democracy. In an honest democracy, the president is voted in by the majority of votes.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
              Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It hasn't been a democracy since Abraham Lincoln was killed and Marsail law there after. Mix social and capitalist is better. Individual independent , free market without fear of Government as they take care of the small stuff,  is better still.

2. Readmikenow profile image94
              Readmikenowposted 2 years agoin reply to this

"In an honest democracy, the president is voted in by the majority of votes"

You are right.  The United States is NOT a democracy.  It is a representative republic.  There is a big difference. 

We have something called the "Electoral College." This eliminates the "Tyranny of the Majority."

Here is a good article about it.

https://www.heritage.org/conservatism/c … e-majority

This prevents population centers in small areas of the country from controlling elections.  This makes it possible for states with even small populations to have influence in every election.

1. peterstreep profile image81

Yes I understand the problem that people in Nebraska don't want to be ruled by LA or NY. But to my knowledge, the states have a lot of independence. In one state things are forbidden what is legal in another state.

The Electoral College seems to me just doing that. Giving states with a small population disproportionate power. And actually influencing the country more than the states with a big population.

Looking at a country as a whole it should be ruled by the "Tyranny of the Majority" and not the "Tyranny of the Minority". The Minority or Elite have a tendency to cling to the power position for ages. The "flavour" of the majority changes more rapidly, which is a much healthier in the long run I think.

1. Readmikenow profile image94

We are a union of states.  We've had one Civil War when states broke away from the union.  Should the urban populations centers have ultimate power, and states with less population feel they have no say in how the country is run, we could face states again leaving the union.

The one thing preventing this from happening right now is the electoral college.  If you were to look at the counties where they voted red as opposed to voted blue, you would be shocked at how much area is covered with red voters as opposed to blue voters.

"Were it not for the Electoral College, presidential candidates could act as if many Americans don’t even exist. They could simply campaign in a small handful of states with big populations. Who would care what the people in Iowa think? Or Wyoming? Or any number of other states with smaller populations?"

Here is the 2020 election broken down by county.

https://hubstatic.com/15798608.jpg

1. Valeant profile image86
                    Valeantposted 2 years agoin reply to this

And conversely, by where the people actually live.

https://hubstatic.com/15798655_f1024.jpg

You tell it, Valeant, it is people who are voting not territorial regions.

2. Readmikenow profile image94

You are exactly right.  The votes given to each state is based on its population.  Do New York and California have more influence in an election than Utah?  Yes.  The Electoral College is a brilliant system.

https://hubstatic.com/15798776_f1024.jpg

3. GA Anderson profile image88
                      GA Andersonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

So, the tail gets to wag the dog?

GA

2. Fayetteville Faye profile image60
                Fayetteville Fayeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Couldn't disagree with you more.

It is a system that was developed in ancient Greece and has been perfected.

You might want to consider reading John Adams writings on it. 

The Electoral College representatives all people in the United States in the best way possible.  It is what has held our republic together for centuries.

IF it is such a problem, then get 2/3rds of the states to vote to change it as per the Constitution.  So, if it needs to be changed, there is a way.

1. Fayetteville Faye profile image60
                    Fayetteville Fayeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

I suggest you then start speaking with your elected representatives to begin the process of amending the Constitution.  You will have to have the amendment approved by the US Congress, Senate, signed by the president and then voted for by 2/3rds of the states.

I won't participate as it I feel the Electoral College is just fine the way it is right now.

2. Ken Burgess profile image77
                  Ken Burgessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You wrote in another thread...
                  " Democracy is hard work [-] It asks citizens to be able to sift through large amounts of information and process the good from the bad, the true from the false. It requires thoughtfulness, discipline and logic. "

The truth is more than half the people who vote likely vote against their best interests, they are unable or unwilling to sift through large amounts of information and process the good from the bad, the true from the false... they do not have the requisite thoughtfulness, discipline or logic of which you speak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg8E6AEeVtI

And with the new Vote by Mail-In-Ballot system they devised for PA, well, its just so easy to find the required mail-ins you need after the election is over, the establishment will never have to worry about deplorable types ever getting some "F U" type person elected again.

3. GA Anderson profile image88

Not "honest" democracy, but "true" democracy. Either way, neither apply to the U.S. We are a representative democracy. With only the election of our president as the exception, we do use true democracy, (majority decides), to elect all of our representative leaders.

In our system, it is the states of our republic that elect our president—the leader of our republic, not the popular vote. But, I think you know that and are just making a correct point. It is only the choice of "honest" that creates the misconception.

GA

Corrected. Yes, honest is perhaps a badly chosen word.
                And to be fair, Spain, the country where I live in has more or less the same system in a sence that the "states" have a lot of independence.
                And the majority voting system is also not properly working here. (in my opinion - But that's seen from a Dutch perspective.) - giving some areas with a small population more power.
                In my opinion, every vote should be the same.
                I guess, every country has it's own way of dealing with making a country work. But I think a voting system should be update now and then as we do live in a different time than when the "Founding Fathers" organized the country. (In my case, the time Franco died. At this time there were far fewer parties than today for example)

If every vote is weighted the same the inevitable result is that any and all minorities are stamped out in favor of the majority ruling everything.

We see that in America in states with a large rural area being dominated by one or two large cities.  Rural people, with a very different philosophy and style of living are forced to take up the same concept as those in the concrete jungle.  This is a huge loss as we lose diversity in favor of a "one size fits all" demand regardless of circumstances or anything else.

But which minorities are we talking about? A Buddhist living in New York? (Buddhism only being 1% in the US)
                    Or a farmer family (only 2% of the U.S. population)
                    The Buddhist don't have a special vote as they live mostly in the cities. The farmers do, however...

The more you think about it, the more complicated it becomes....
                    And the more complicated, the more the rules can be bent...
                    And I think that's the problem. Go back to a simple voting system without a Electoral Collage (Who is electing them....?)
                    And I can imagine that the freedom this gives will open up the possibilities for more parties to arise, erasing the deadlock of a 2 party system.

(just a thought)

4. Credence2 profile image80

Hi, Peter,

I accept the Electoral College as the compromise necessary to appease the smaller states during the founding of the Republic.

I am concerned that this electoral college may get to the point where sodbusters and goatropers of the flyover states can have a disproportionate influence in elections, while, yet, they are still entitled to a voice.

For the aforementioned reasons, I tolerate the Electoral College and rest my case, for now.

1. GA Anderson profile image88

Geez. Is that your view, that Middle America, (I think that covers a lot more than just your "flyover" regions) is nothing more than "sodbusters and goatropers"?

And bless your heart, I know it must have been hard to say that "they are still entitled to a voice."

GA

2. wilderness profile image93

Are you sure you don't mean that votes can be given to those sodbusters and goatropers as long as the termites and cockroaches living in the slums of concrete jungles still get to make all the rules?

Those "termites" and "cock roaches" rule the roost as long as they have the numbers. Why should your vote as a country mouse be the equivalent of two of mine? Why would you think that anybody would accept that idea?

Because you have no ethical or legal right to make all the decisions on how I live.  Our constitution was built on the idea of protecting the minority from the ravages of the majority, after all, and most of us recognize just how bad a taskmaster the majority can be.

What the hell, Wilderness, why should I let you country folks decide how I should live?

You can't have two results for a national plebiscite. One to be agreed upon by country people and one by city folk?

We compromise by letting the majority rule, what is the alternative? Letting a smaller faction rule over a larger one when their numbers don't support it?

What is your solution to your problem which almost by design has to be anti-democratic in nature? You don't get to have your cake and eat it, too, none of us do.

3. Readmikenow profile image94

You are probably not very involved with Republican politics other than what you read.

As someone who is a very active member, I can tell you, President Donald Trump remains quite popular with Republicans.  He has quite a bit of power and influence in the Republican party. 

The majority of Republicans believe the last election was stolen.  This is a major rallying cry in many Republican circles.  You can argue with it all day long, this is the reality of the situation.

The anger about the stolen election has now morphed into calm resolve.  There is a level of determination I've not seen before and I've been with the party for decades. 

I think you will be surprised at what happens in 2022. 

There has even been the idea floated that when the Republicans take back the house in 2022, to make President Donald Trump the speaker of the house.  Attorneys have poured over the laws and nothing says the speaker of the house has to be an elected member of congress.

IF that happens, and the Republicans control the senate, the fantasy it that they could impeach Biden and Harris, then President Donald Trump would be made president. Technically, this could occur.

It will never happen, but I've never seen thinking like this before.

This is true, Mike, I have not been an avid follower of GOP politics.

I don't doubt that Trump remains popular among die hard Republicans, but not with anyone else. There are plenty of good RINOs to dilute their influence. People voted differently in 2016, when Trump,was an unknown quantity. Die hard Republicans may not be enough. It wasn't enough in 2020.

The thinking that you have never seen before borders on despotism and tyranny. I can't understand what you see in this cowardly jerk of a man?

All this over the big lie that none of you have even come close to providing proof for, or it it just about "your way or the highway"?

"I don't doubt that Trump remains popular among die hard Republicans, but not with anyone else. There are plenty of good RINOs to dilute their influence."

I don't agree with this.  The popularity of President Donald Trump was evident in the last election.  He supported five candidates, and all five of them won.  He held five rallies that were attended by tens of thousands of people. 

"Despotism and tyranny?"   I would submit, these words can be best applied to the Biden administration.  Everything from vaccine mandates to abusing the right of making executive orders and more.

4. Valeant profile image86

I look forward to DeSantis getting Trump's endorsement...from jail.

Hopefully, that is where we will find him next year....

That ought to take the wind from their sails.

A fair and accurate statement.

I long ago said what Trump was... in fact no one said it better than Moore:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMm5HfxNXY4

Trump was every down-trodden FORMER Middle Class American's FU to the DC elites, the Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden types.

The DC Establishment that told them NAFTA would make things even better, that allowed China to gut every worthwhile business out of America for itself, that told them the Affordable Care Act would make their insurance bills more affordable ... the DC politicians that for decades now have screwed the working class of America over, again, and again, and again and still do so today as small businesses close... some of them having operated for generations, unable to survive a government that forced them to shut down for a "pandemic" while Walmart and Amazon made more than ever before.

The DC establishment that bailed out the banks, and failed companies like GM, while allowing Middle Class Americans to lose their pensions, their homes, their jobs after the 2008 meltdown. 

Trump was the people's FU to the corrupt system. 
          And for that... the establishment will make them pay dearly in the years ahead.

2. Sharlee01 profile image80
        Sharlee01posted 2 years agoin reply to this

You need to remember, many in the Republican party fought Trump and hoped he would not win the primary. Just consider who initiated Russia Russia Russia, and dropped it when they could see he was doing well in his campaign. There are many Republicans that never cared for Trump and still don't.

I don't think we can predict if he would win in 2024, it depends on what's going on at the time.  He does have a base and those of us that just want the Democrats out due to not appreciating their ideologies. Many of us liked the path Trump had us on prior to COVID.

For me, if I had my way I would like to see a young candidate that offers Trumpisium, but keep personal views to himself.  A straight common sense no-nonsense president.  I don't care for and never have the phony speeches many American's look for. I like results.

Just a person that will do the job they were hired for.

The country is divided, this is part of how we have evolved. The population has divided due to a difference in ideologies. Neither side is willing to give up their beliefs or views. It seems illogical to think either would. 

Both parts are fractured.

Sharlee, will the Trump base be enough to overcome Democrats, Independents, and establishment Republicans who just as soon see him take a hike? It wasn't in 2020.

The common sense for conservatives is usually not so common and not worth 2 cents, in my opinion.

Results are not the sole property of conservatives candidates. Depends on how you look at things.

Taking on the personality engrams of Trump, selfishness, cowardless, vengeful and pompous nature cannot be concealed indefinitely, but will ooze for all to see like the contents of a broken bottle. You can't think like Trump and act like Trump yet try to hid that from public knowledge.

Many of you like the Trump path, but again, many of us did not.

Yes, I will agree that we are strongly divided, may heaven help the Republic.

1. Sharlee01 profile image80

"Sharlee, will the Trump base be enough to overcome Democrats, Independents, and establishment Republicans who just as soon see him take a hike? It wasn't in 2020."

This will depend on how all is going in the country. To be honest, in my view people vote mainly on the economy. I can't see Biden repairing the damage he has made in three years. He came in like a bull in a china shop, should have cooled his jets just for a bit before skrewing with the economy.

Yes, it is true many liked just  Trump's agenda, will they be ready to have it back? I think if things continue as they are, oh yeah they will.

"I can't see Biden repairing the damage he has made in three years."

He has only been in office for one year, and yes, I can see Biden repairing the damage within his term by bringing things around and not relying on tiresome Republican philosophies and principles, as that was not what the majority voted for.

I guess I must disagree if I want to be honest.  I predict we will go on seeing more and more problems created by Biden. Like this ridiculous hit on the oil reservice.  This was nothing but a political bandaid, that economists jumped on immediately to explain that 50 million barrels are what America uses in a couple of days and that even at that, they claim OPEC will just cut back 50 million or more barrels, just to show him who has the upper hand.  Like I have been saying he just makes very poor decisions. The world is also being hurt by many of his poor decision-making. not sure if many realize that.

Shar, it's important to realize his mistakes are being noticed by the majority of Americans.

There is a prediction of a red tsunami in 2022.  I've seen some of the polling data and the democrats are in serious trouble.  They behave as if they have no idea there is anything wrong.  Republicans are crushing democrats when it comes to fundraising.  It's been like this for the past six months.

What Biden is doing will have a painful ripple effect to all democrats running for any office.  I scratch my head and wonder if any of the democrats realize what Biden is doing to their party.

I very much agree I have been doing some reading this morning in regard to Bidens latest decision to tap US reserves.  This move seems to be a great Gamble, that could really backfire, and end up costing the US citizen plenty in energy costs.  I just posted a thread on the subject and offered a bit of what I picked up in my reading.

It appears this man is single-handedly ruining America, almost looks to be purposeful. Hard to watch this go on. I as you believe 2022 will crush the Democrats, we certainly will have an uphill battle trying to fix all Biden has torn down.

It would seem bad decisions... if he were actually trying to solve the problem.

A problem that he created on day one, restricting federal reserve lands, shutting down pipelines, etc.  this in turn gave the power to OPEC to do what it pleased.

You work under the assumption that he didn't want this to occur, or that releasing some reserves isn't just a PR gimmick to make it appear as if he is trying to do something.

I don't really understand you Sharlee, you see as well as anyone what is going on, but fail to realize that it is deliberate, not a mistake.

Biden shut down the American pipelines, while removing sanctions from Russian and allowing them to open up their pipelines to the EU.

Biden deliberately has an EV day at the White House, and just happens not to invite or even mention Tesla... these things are deliberate, not mistakes.

You make a good point. It certainly is more than possible he did know what he was doing and hoped to deliberately set out to cause an energy crisis.

I am not sure of his motive. If he planned to cause an energy crisis for some crazy reason, it would seem it has backfired. My point is, he makes these very kinds of decisions that do backfire. It much appears he causes his own problems. I think much of what he does start out as political ploys and they leave him with egg on his face.

So, do you feel he is purposely trying to ruin America or do you think he really believes in his own BS and hopes to just change the country to what he feels it should be? My view --- I think him a shallow man, with little intelligence, that is just listening to the wrong people.

2. Valeant profile image86

American pipelines?  Keystone is a Canadian pipeline that wasn't even functional, so it had zero effect on current supplies. 

And there were more than enough drilling rights to last years without opening up bidding on new leases.  Again, that had zero effect on supply.
                    https://americanprogress.org/article/oi … eral-land/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)