Michigan GOP co-chair says Trump campaign directed fake electors.What?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 2 years ago

Background:

https://news.yahoo.com/michigan-gop-co- … 10038.html

I have been listening ad nauseum to Rightwingers defending the inane idea that the election was stolen. Oh really?

What can be more underhanded and unethical than what the Republicans tried to pull off in this last election? How dare they attempt such a brazen theft in broad daylight.

This is not just a rumor, you hear it from an authoritative source. It is probably an attempt to relieve herself of blame by implicating the "higher ups" that put her up to it, and minimizing subsequent sentencing from prosecution that is sure to come her way.

I say follow the bread crumbs regardless of wherever they may lead......

1. GA Anderson profile image89
      GA Andersonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Alice in Wonderland . . . again. There has to be more to this "certificate" thing. My first thought was that no one could be that dumb, so there must be some rule-making gibberish somewhere that makes them try it.

But then, yeah, some people are that dumb. This one should be interesting to follow.

GA

Credence2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, if you could find more to this "certificate" thing, I am all ears. And yes, Republicans can be that dumb.....

2. IslandBites profile image89
      IslandBitesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It was bigger than Michigan. They already led to Giuliani, the Trump team and OAN... I hope there are more to follow.

https://news.yahoo.com/giuliani-reporte … 12458.html

https://news.yahoo.com/oan-anchor-assis … 25646.html

I have been hearing about your references, IB. I want "heads to roll"....

I am waiting to hear the cling clang  of manacles and handcuffs, and I may just get to hear them before midterms, this November.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Good luck with that.  Been hearing for 5 years now that it was imminent.

5 years? The crime involved is not 2 years old.

Do you think that this real, not fake charges of fraud should be prosecuted? Your side has clearly cheated.

2. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 2 years ago

In commentary, I have to note that the more conservative forum participants stand out in their absence. I couldn't blame them as there is no reasonable defense for what has occurred in this matter.

There are indications, strong ones, that what happened in Michigan was done in other battleground states that were in contention in the 2020 presidential election.

1. We have a major political party accusing the other of fraud when its candidate lost. Not since 1860 has there much so much contention over a National presidential contest. The Republican Party and the Trump campaign's accusations were dismissed countless times by the courts and it is just the inane conspiracy theories that don't hold water that remain and keeps it alive.

2. We had an assualt on the Capitol building in Washington on January 6, 2021 which, for me anyway, is a symbol of our national government and the democratic process attacked by "over zealous" protesters. Another brazen act that clearly comes from Trump supporters. We have not seen a sacking of the Capitol like this in over 200 years.
    Again more lies, and more spin, when so called responsible Republican congresspeople have been identified as having a hand in it.

3. Now this, when you look a videos provide by other hubbers, you can see that a similar crime was taking place in Arizona. When one phony elector was asked about it, he basically said that in desperate time desperate methods should and can be employed. It appears that the perpetrators were not even concerned about getting caught. We have never seen such brazen behavior in any time since the Founding.

This is not just tit for tat, "they all do it" politics. This major crime and wresting of power without any regard for the sanctity of the process has really been demonstrated by only one side. Trump, himself, tried to mire the Vice President as an accomplice in the "real steal" during the counting of the electors.

So, what is this stuff you people are smoking? There can no meeting of the minds or kumbaya with people such as these. There can be no playing by the rules when the other side discards the rule book.

And now based upon all their previous lies and actions, I am supposed to believe that all these new voting restrictions Republicans legislate do not have a sinister intent? It has always been so easy for them to lie and cheat, it is their modus operandi.

All these things happening at one time is more than just coincidence. I and others on the left say and repeat, Democracy and the United States of America as we have known it is under an unprecedented threat right now. Water and electricity can never mix safely.

Water and electricity never mix? 

To your question; typically it's Maui  Wowie or Columbian Gold. If lucky it might even be some rare Purple Haze, but in any case, in my neck of the woods, and even with a Purple Haze buzz, we still know it's oil and water that don't mix. ;-O

GA

Whatever it is you all are smoking it has to be a bad trip.  Neither one, oil and water, nor electricity and water should and do not mix.

Semantics aside, Did I catch all you conservative types with your britches down?

Have you found your explanation for the certifications yet, trying to make the outrageous into something that can be rationally explained?

"...electricity and water should and do not mix."

LOL  Ever put water in the battery that provides electricity to run the starter motor in your car?  lol

1. tsmog profile image84
            tsmogposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Good point! smile

2. Credence2 profile image78

Of course, you are right, I am just thinking about what would happen if my AC operating TV receiver was tossed into my bathtub full of water with me in it.

Now, back to our program, sniping at me from the periphery of my comments does not address the central issue.

What do you conservatives have to say about this matter of the election fraud? Should there be prosecutions in this regard, or should we just allow all this to be covered under the rug?

Sorry - it was not intended to be sniping, just a humorous comment.  Thus the LOL and the laughing emoji.

Election fraud - when you come down on the side of prosecutions for intentionally promoting programs which make it easy to vote illegally, without ever checking for such fraud, then we have reason to discuss a specific case of perceived fraud.

Ok, I am laughing with you.

There is a difference between voter fraud and election fraud. The GOP accused Democrats of the former with not a scintilla of proof.

The Republicans blantantly admit to election fraud with their phony electors which undermines the  entire process.

It is ludicrous to think that there is any parity between the two.

*shrug* either way results in a fraudulent election, one that produce results in opposition to what should have happened.  Liberals just don't seem to care about one of them, assuming it will be in their favor (they're probably right about that).

The difference, Wilderness, is one that one set of assertions have been admitted to and the other set has yet to be proven.

Why confuse the issue? When it is proven, I will care.

2. GA Anderson profile image89

Is that where you thought my comment went; that there must be a legitimate defense for the charges? Did I infer anything that suggested they were `my kinda people?

On rereading my comment, I came away with the intended message, again: those involved must be idiots.

Yet, look who it is that is doing the "type" rant.

GA

And you want these "idiots" to be reasoned with and in charge? Seems to be an awful lot of them on my adversaries' side.

You always told me how you distrust pure democracy, you can see in this example what happens when there is no democracy at all.

You are the one that suggests that we "work with them, give them a break", work within the system. Well, now the gloves are off. I want harsh prosecutions, fines, jail time, the works.  These people need to be made an example of so that this will never happen again. We cannot survive with our democracy undermined in this way.

Just as long as I know that you're not just "sitting on fence" again.........

"You are the one that suggests that we "work with them, give them a break", work within the system"

I have a longer-handled shovel if you want it. You are going to need it to find support for your attributed quote.

GA

I don't think that it needs to be as long as you believe.....

In unicorns, in Santa Claus, in Democrats' outstretched hand  . . . ?

GA

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)