Help in improving the article

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Abid Taga profile image62
    Abid Tagaposted 21 months ago

Hi, my respected fellows. I am a new writer on HP and have written two featured articles, but my articles are not moving toward nichsite. I think writing feature articles is not a big deal, but meeting the requirements of the niche site is a difficult task. I think I will write one article in a week and try to improve its quality. On this journey, I need your help.

https://discover.hubpages.com/literature/Ecccv

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Hi there,

Read the Help Center material. It's clear that you haven't. For example you need to attribute your image and ensure it is legal-to-use.

There are grammatical errors throughout, such as, "It is under no illusion that..." What or who is under no illusion? Just delete it. Excessive words do not equate to better writing, so get rid of meaningless phrases.

Break up the big paragraphs into shorter ones. People read on their phones and don't want to be confronted with a big wall of text.

It could be moved to a niche site with some work, but just think how many other Covid articles have already been written over the last two years. Such a topic faces fierce competition and somehow you have to make sure yours is better than all the others.

Abid Tagaposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Thanks☺

2. erorantes profile image48
      erorantesposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Good morning Mr. Abid Taga. I like your article. I like Pakistan. It is one of my favorite countries in that region. People are peaceful and good. Of course, every country has bad, but the good cover all. The scenery of the land is beautiful. I read your article a few times to see what it is going on. I suggest that you rest. Then, you read and see if your title goes with the main idea. You can read hub pages learning center to compare your article with hub pages expectations. Have a lovely day.

Abid Tagaposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Thanks, erorantes☺

2. Moondot1822 profile image95
    Moondot1822posted 21 months ago

Proofread your article to make sure it is free of grammatical errors.
    Other authors on HP gave me a leg up in writing for the niche sites. I wrote for Owlcation, and I admire Linda Crampton's work on Owlcation. After identifying your niche, try to learn from the featured authors of those sites by reading their work.
    That was my way of learning.

Thanks, Moondot
      My article is grammatically error-free. I am confident because it is featured.

Sorry, it isn't. Not all errors are picked up by software.

'Conclussion' and 'Referance' are two obvious misspellings.

2. Moondot1822 profile image95
        Moondot1822posted 21 months agoin reply to this

Aren't you a little too quick to be confident? It's good, but even native speakers make minor typos and grammatical errors.

3. Abid Taga profile image62

I am unable to understand the difference between a feature article and an article that moves toward nich site.

Please remove my confusion

I'm sure it's explained in the Learning Center.

A featured article is on the Discover site, not necessarily on one of the niche sites. To get an article onto a niche or network site it has to be high quality.

Discover is simply a replacement for the old hubpages.com. A sort of 'everything goes here unless it is deserving of a place on a niche site'.

4. Stephen Tomkinson profile image91
    Stephen Tomkinsonposted 21 months ago

Hi.
    You should first read the extensive "help" articles that HubPages has made available to all writers here. You have been told this various times before in your other incarnations.
    Your article is not free from grammatical errors and needs thorough proofreading.

5. ravirajan01 profile image94
    ravirajan01posted 21 months ago

Abid, as others have mentioned, you should read the help end to end to get an idea about what types of articles are successful in HP. Secondly, moving to nIche sites requires the article to be unique and offer information not already available. It would require a bit more work and polishing. The HP editors will automatically select your work within two weeks if it is good. Otherwise, you can submit every 14 days and then work on the improvements asked for.

Thanks, ravirajan

Can you give the answer of my second question.

6. ravirajan01 profile image94
    ravirajan01posted 21 months ago

I have already mentioned that Abid. A featured article means that your article passes the minimum criteria stipulated by HP as per QAP requirements to be published on Hubpages.

A niche article on the other hand would mean that your featured article should offer something unique, engaging, and relevant to the various niches available- education, history, technology, etc. It should offer a good takeaway for the reader.

As I have told you before, the HP editors would automatically qualify an article for a niche site if it is deemed suitable as per their standards. Otherwise, you can submit once every 14 days and work on the improvements asked.

7. Abid Taga profile image62

Thanks to all, now I clearly understand it. I will try to write a unique article.

8. Abid Taga profile image62
    Abid Tagaposted 20 months ago

Hi, friends,  I have a question.
    If my articles are features then how many views require for earning 1$?

theraggededgeposted 20 months agoin reply to this

It depends on your CPM - that means how much you get per thousand views. Everyone's is different because we all write about different topics and some have a higher CPM than others.

CPM also varies from day to day, month to month.

You can check yours here: https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/reports?type=hpads

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
      PaulGoodman67posted 20 months agoin reply to this

It varies, but usually more than two hundred, and often well over that.

You need to earn $1.67 per day to reach monthly payout.

My articles have received 200 views on Hubpage Discover, but my earnings are only 0.04 dollars. I think it is for those articles that move on network site.
        It is not difficult to earn 1 or 2 dollars per day for those articles that are present on the network site. (my point of view)

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image94

Your articles are aimed at Pakistan, where advertising rates are very low. My estimate was for the US, where HubPages is based, and it primarily relates to search engine traffic.

There are numerous factors involved in earning rates. If most of your views are from you looking at your own articles, for example, you won't earn much, no matter how many views it shows.

I don't believe that your CPM will necessarily change in the (currently unlikely) event of your articles being moved to network sites.

You're entitled to your point of view, but it doesn't appear to be based on either experience or knowledge. A sense of self-confidence can be misplaced.

Poul, I am unable to understand what you want to say. Are you saying that my article cannot earn more money because traffic from the United States does not come through?

9. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 20 months ago

Hi Abid,

I just saw your yogurt article. There are several factual errors throughout.

For example, it does not contain 49 per cent calcium per cup. What you mean is that it contains 49% of Recommended Daily Intake (RDA). And 49% of RDA is way too high, generally, it is around 30%.

Yogurt is NOT necessary for children's health. There are many alternatives. You can't say stuff like this. Lots of children/people are intolerant to dairy. Also, you recommend commercial strawberry yogurt for kids... it is usually full of sugar and/or artificial sweeteners. So not healthy at all.

It requires a thorough fact check because you can't give health advice unless you ensure it is accurate. For instance, you cannot say yogurt protects from cancer unless you can back it up with actual medical statistics. Same with all your claims.

We tried to explain this to you earlier, but you have ignored our advice.

What's a 'natural path'? I don't think that's what you mean.

And don't forget, you are mainly writing for a Western audience. 'Crud' is something completely different to Americans. Also, are you sure you are not referring to 'curds', which is a by-product of making cheese?

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/crud

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/curds

If it were my article, I would unpublish it, and completely re-work it to make sure it is truthful and factual.

Having said all this, you could make this into a useful resource with some thorough, well-backed-up research.

Two tips: learn how to create live links to your references (and actually refer to them in your article). And fill in your profile bio.

I must confess Bev that when I read your comment above, the words: "flogging" and "dead horse" came to mind. wink

I think he genuinely wants to learn, and I don't mind helping someone who is enthusiastic.

But I'll see how the advice goes down and bow out if I get told that I don't understand big_smile

1. PT Richard profile image79
          PT Richardposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Am I the only one who feels that mixing up "crud" and "curd" is just a bit too on the nose?

When I read about the curds, I was tempted to make a joke about Abid needing to be "shown the right whey", but I restrained myself! wink

Surely you meant 'strained'? big_smile

2. Abid Taga profile image62

Thanks theraggededge,

3. Abid Taga profile image62

I am seeing that your and other big Huber's articles are showing up at the top of Google research. But this thing is not happening to me.

Currently, I am facing two major problems. First my articles are not showing in Google search.

I did not use key words in my articles. Suggest me a few websites for finding keywords and the best articles about SEO. Recently, I read some SEO articles.

Do you believe in keyword difficulty?

10. Stephen Tomkinson profile image91
    Stephen Tomkinsonposted 20 months ago

I see that people are going to milk this for all that it's worth.

LOL! That joke is as full of holes as swiss cheese.

11. Miebakagh57 profile image70
    Miebakagh57posted 20 months ago

Is PaulGoodman trying to reincarnate into FatFreddyCats?

1. FatFreddysCat profile image92
      FatFreddysCatposted 20 months agoin reply to this

That's "FatFreddysCat." Spell it right, willya? Sheesh. big_smile

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000219974588-nbqet0-t500x500.jpg

12. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 20 months ago

^^ That used to be my profile pic here, before I decided that the world deserved to see how startlingly handsome I am, and changed to my current pic. big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)