Jesus Said" I Am The Way To The Father"***No Other Way*** John 14:6

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (33 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Rick Marlowposted 14 years ago

What about other religions?

1. hudsonj1994 profile image60
      hudsonj1994posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have no clue.

2. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here the way is one pointed concentration or meditation -"when they eye be single" Jesus

He is talking about his philosophy being the correct way.

Krishna says the same thing in the Holy Bhagwat Gita. smile

3. profile image0
      elliot.dunnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the verse you quoted doesn't leave room for other religions or other claims to truth. the question of Christianity ultimately is "who do you say that Jesus is?" if you can see Jesus as the Way, the Truth, and the Life, religions that do not say Jesus is true, cannot be true.

Christianity is pretty exclusive.  but all truth is exclusive. where i am right now, the sky is blue to the exclusion of all other colors. green may be offended, but he's simply no where to be found in the sky.

1. Paraglider profile image87
        Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wholly untrue. Buy a small prism and look at the spectrum of a blue sky. It is fairly low on red, high on blue, but contains plenty of green. Better luck next time!

1. profile image0
          elliot.dunnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks paraglider. indeed i forgot to include the light spectrum in my simplistic metaphor. pretty sure you understood my point though.

1. Paraglider profile image87
            Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did, but found it better to disagree by proxy, by faulting the metaphor than directly, by faulting the premise.

4. marinealways24 profile image59
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have a logical mind. Do you really need to ask this? You understand that religion is separatist.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

It is alot easier with my religion... We have his email address!

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I think the title is pretty clear. I don't believe you go to hell for just not having faith in Jesus but I do believe you will have to accept his word before you go to Heaven. You accepted God's truth to get to this world, you lost your faith if you live by his word on earth and you will be taught again but, when you are looking the reality in the eye I'm sure you will accept the word.

4. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

Jesus is the way truth and life.
    He did not come to any particular religion nor did he start one.

Any who understand who the father is will understand who jesus is.

He is the way to the father and bringing the life of the father.

He is truth in the inward parts.
    He who abide in truth, not merely in religion but truth in all things.

All who focusses on the man Jesus only, is likely miss the true essence of the Spirit of Christ.

The spirit of Christ is truth,
    Truth is not words but a spirit.
    All who knows Truth knows Christ and God the father.
    All who knows the Christ knows himself.

Religion will exist only by  hiding this truth.

5. profile image0
    Marc Salyerposted 14 years ago

The way, the truth, and the life of Yeshua's teaching are exclusive and in conflict with other "ways, "truths" and "life". Truth is not subject to democratic whimsy and in the same way that many other religions are exclusive so Christianity is exclusive.

1. mohitmisra profile image60

What is the meaning of "when thy eye be single" ? Jesus

1. profile image0
        Marc Salyerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"single" (haplous) in this statement literally means unfolded or clear of vision. In context Yeshua is saying that when a person sees with good vision the light from without is reflected within them. Conversely, He states when the eye is "bad" no light from without enters and therefore the lack of light within is exponentially worse. He is speaking about spiritual insight versus ignorance.

The spiritual light can be seen with the inner eye or third eye( Hindu philosophy) when thy eye be single- (Christian philosophy.) The essence is identical and neither are exclusive philosophies. smile

1. profile image0

The "clear eye" or spiritual vision is another way of describing insight or wisdom that comes by faith in Yeshua. The context of Matthew makes this clear. Nonetheless, there are many elements of doctrine shared between many different belief systems. Yeshua said don't make oaths that you cannot keep but rather let your "yes" be yes and your "no" be no. Even atheists believe that. Muslims believe in the same kind of creation account as Jews and Christians but their way of righteousness (the rout to an eternity in God's favor) is exclusive. Shared concepts do not equal the same truth nor the same path to life eternal.

All religions talk of a super entity which is the source of all. Something we have come from and will go back to.
              "When thy eye be single" is meditation or one pointed concentration.

"Seven breaths of one pointed concentration will get one enlightened "Patanjali the founder of Yoga- Hindu philosophy

What sort of revelation  and what sort of meditation Jesus and Muhammad did is not clear.The clarity of the Hindu mystics is better than Christianity or Islam yet the essence is identical.

Enlightened ones talking about the Light. smile

1. profile image0

We are all free to believe as we wish but nothing you have claimed here is in the Matthew 6 passage. There Messiah is simply explaining spiritual insight vs. spiritual blindness. In fact He is revealing Himself alone as being the source of light and all other teachings to be darkness.

This is where the world is going wrong, more importance is being given to the messenger than the message.

Finger pointing to the moon- dont concentrate on the finger or you will miss out on the glory of the stars.

My work is ranked next to the Bible , I am not here to deceive you.

He is revealing Himself alone as being the source of light and all other teachings to be darkness.

This is not true , he reiterates what the prophets before him said.He was not the first to shed light on god and neither was he the last.

6. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

"If the eye be single then the whole body is full of light"

The simple understanding of this statement is,

That one should have the eye to see all things just as God sees it, or  sees truth in all things.

Truth bring all things to light and that is the light of all the children of God.

This Light or god is found via meditation or one pointed concentration. smile

7. kess profile image61
    kessposted 14 years ago

This Light or god is found via meditation or one  pointed concentration.//

What is the one point meditation? What is the concentration?

Truth is know when one searches his own in quietness with the full knowledge that there is one who sees and knows all.

When one acknowledge this truth to live by it. Then more truth is given by revelation from Christ.
    For revelation comes from resting in Christ.

This truth is the Christ and will ultimately lead to love from a pure heart.

For the love of all Goodness from the purity of ones heart is God and his Christ.

This is the perfection and the light.

No no no.
      One needs to meditate and not leave everything upto Christ. Meditation is very hard work and requires perfect or one pointed concentration, a lot of energy ,effort and courage.

You will become a Christ, this is what Jesus wants , for you to sit next to him in the kingdom of god, not above or below him.

:The kingdom of god is within" Jesus.
      He is an awakened one, a Bhramin or knower of god. He is guiding you but you need to take the effort to walk the path.

This truth is the Christ and will ultimately lead to love from a pure heart.
      He has already left his message behind which many have understood and walked. He is like any other messenger as they all show you the path to walk. smile

8. spiderpam profile image75
    spiderpamposted 14 years ago

The title pretty much sums it up. smile

9. Pr0metheus profile image58
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

He never said it.  John lied.

Love it and yes it is very possible John lied.

Or this statement could be for those around Jesus as the world is full of frauds guiding man wrongly. smile

1. profile image0

Shame on them.

Its the truth.

ISKON - Krishna is the greatest and Krihnaloka or the heavenly abode is the highest- follow Krishna.

Jesus is the only way and the greatest follow Jesus.

Muhammad was the last prophet all should convert to Islam.

The essence or truth is very often lost. smile

2. marinealways24 profile image59
        marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Like the self acclaimed arrogant hypocritical false prophet such as yourself. How have the book sales been?

10. profile image49
    child of christposted 14 years ago

IT IS TRUE THE OTHER COMFORTHER THE ONE JESUS SPEAKS OF IN MANY DIFFERENT WAYS AND NAMES, HE SHALL TELL YOU OF MANY THINGS

11. profile image49
    child of christposted 14 years ago

HE SENDS THE COMFORTHER, HIS WAY,  HE ALREADY SAID IT, IT IS CONFIRMED,

12. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

First let me clarify that I do believe in Jesus but I also respect the fact that there are other beliefs out there.  That being said, I'd just like to clarify the title for the hubber who posted this "Jesus Said" I Am The Way To The Father"***No Other Way*** John 14:6"  Actually the Bible says that "Jesus Said' I Am The Way To The Father'***No Other Way*** John 14:6"

13. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Jesus Said "I am the way to the father - no other way" John 14.6

I find this an interesting statement.

With knowledge of the time Jesus Christ and history(what is written) and adding the human race(which are facts, not opinion), I can honestly say this statement is completely out of context.

First off, Jesus Christ was a jew. Yes, but had no religious ties, because he didn't believe in a false idol.

Jesus Christ was not a prophet, or a deity, or the messiah.

Jesus Christ was a teacher of Life. He helped guide people into consciousness. His followers were at a crossroads on the evolution chain. He pressured them to recognize their own existence.

Now- when you take this above statement and you understand what Jesus Christ was doing- You get a result that looks like this-

I(singular meaning individual) am the way(conscious thought) to the Father(leader- self guided conscious individual thought).

There is NO OTHER WAY!

If I stir up feathers- that's okay.

I reject all religious teachings- I disapprove because of the perceived belief in which they are based on.

That the human race MUST answer to a higher authority other than itself.

That above belief is the basis for enslaving the human race into believing in a false idol.

Directly against the TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ- Did he or did he not tell his disciples not to worship any false gods or idol.

You are to be GOD in your life. You make your own damn decisions. You should live by your own damn conscience and NOT need to be told how to live.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)