marriage in a satanic world

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (84 posts)
  1. sa282h profile image59
    sa282hposted 14 years ago

The bible says to not befriend the world, "whosoever will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God" because the world is not following God's laws in Deuteronomy and Leviticus, God having delivered the world to the Devil as is stated in Luke ch 4 in those exact words. Go ahead and obtain your spouse by befriending a satanic world and see what happens to you after you REALLY enjoy yourself here...

This is why Jesus said: "For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

1. profile image0
      Rick Marlowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You should show this to your parents.

sa282hposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me." (bible)

1. profile image0

You are the very thing you are spouting about.Go after your folks,not us.

2. Bovine Currency profile image59
        Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Classic.

2. ledefensetech profile image67
      ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Messiah came to offer a new Covenant with all people.  You can quote Deuteronomy and Leviticus all you like, but the fulfillment of Scripture invalidates the Old Testament laws.  Why do you think Christians don't do burnt offerings?

1. yoshi97 profile image57
        yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Um ... because Noah used up all of the wood to build the ark?

Okay, that was in bad taste, but it was the first thing that popped into my head. smile

2. profile image0
        Jawa Lunkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, Christ said He did not come to invalidate the laws, but to fulfill them.  There are actually two covenants in action at this moment, the Law of Moses, and the Law of love (The New Covenant in Christ).

You will have to answer to one of them, but it is your choice which you answer to.  One condemns, the other free's.

3. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i dont get it? whats your point

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

okay sa282h why not try writing hubs instead of spewing crap in the threads? maybe then ppl might actually read what you say here. And instead of attacking religion leave it alone!

3. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Edward (yes I mean the poster, thought he would have caught on by now), you are gonna get kicked outta here. Chill out!

1. profile image0

Is this the famous Edward Scissorhands?

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No way! I meant the vampire. Since this guy kinda looks like him, and seems to only come out at night.

1. profile image0
          Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol get the crosses and holy water ready!

4. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Um ... wasn't Noah married? Yes ... I specifically remember him having a wife and children and God saved them all. So, uh, why does he get to be married and not us? Seems kinda unfair, does it not?

Had they all obeyed (what you said) and never married they never would have had children ... and the flood would have slowly ebbed us all out after his kids resolved to celibacy until marriage, never married, and then died off.

I gotta ask ... as I see a theme here ... did some girl break your heart? Cause dude, it happens all the time when two people get together that just aren't right for each other. When two people meet that aren't meant to be, it's always best that both move on, as the right person is always several relationships away ... trust me.

Noah got him a wife that feared God.

1. profile image0
        Marc Salyerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You mean like my wife?

2. yoshi97 profile image57

Ah ... the slip in the logic ... so if women that fear God = good then it is stated in proof that not all women can = bad. For the odds of only one god fearing woman are on par with the odds of one god fearing man.

So, extracting the proof (set in stone) we are either all evil, some of us are evil, or none of us are evil. So, we can not make generalizations about women without making generalizations about men.

Carrying the proof forward and matching your own level of logic ... yes .. chocolate pudding pops are better than vanilla pops, which is why they sell better.

3. Colebabie profile image60

Edward, do you want to get married? Its totally cool if you don't. Just wondering.

4. Jewels profile image82
        Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Would he have been better off with Lillith?

5. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

I think he's trying to make a statement...I think

6. drej2522 profile image68

you're getting sucked into it, yoshi!

Yoshi...NOOOOOOOOO! (dramatic scene)

1. profile image0

Get the rope drej! We'll pull him out lol

7. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

So you aren't gonna get married? You are gonna deny a woman of all your knowledge. Oh no, ladies go forth and weep!

1. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hehe...it is a sad day, this day

2. ledefensetech profile image67

I'm still trying to figure out who Noe is.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's what Noah's close friends call him.

2. Colebabie profile image60

Umm Noah's twin brother, kinda a slacker, he didn't get any of the credit. He was drunk alllll the time and had a crazy dream about building the ark. Noe's idea, but Noah did the work.

3. profile image0

That`s for Noe,you can`t have those women.

8. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://www.allthingsfulfilled.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/spiritual_gifts_and_kool-aid.jpg

9. drej2522 profile image68

garlic maybe??...does that even work anymore?

10. profile image0

Garlic always works! lol

1. Colebabie profile image60

Not if the vampire is italian. That is a retro effect, just makes the vampire stronger.

Edward, where are you from?

1. profile image0

Dang it! that is no fair lol

11. drej2522 profile image68

I like Garlic

1. profile image0

Yummm me too!

12. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

That ark looks like a pretty fun place to be, but I don't see either Noah or his slacker-brother, Noe (????):

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/hersheykissluv/noahs-ark002.jpg

I hope the vicious animals on that ark didn't eat Noah, Noe, and the rest.

13. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

They're both behind the elephants, cleaning up the poopdeck ... and man can those elephants poo ...

1. profile image0

either that or stuck in the poop

14. profile image0

I love how he is ignoring us women becaus according to him we are "satanickly positive" creatures...we bad bad creatures being female and all lol

Well ... I do remember that awful Cindy Altemeyer girl who used to pick on me in third grade ... maybe he dated her too

1. profile image0

lol maybe

I'll never forget ... book report day ... she caddyshacked me in front of the whole class ... *sniff*

15. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Marriage in a satanic world. Is this a question or a belief or a statement of belief or what?

Is there a point?

Just in case: Marriage is a good thing for those who practice an active religion. It is a religious doctrine. How ever, Marriage isn't what it use to be.

In today's society, marriage is a tool to an ends to justify the means. Marriage hold no sacred bond anymore. It's reputation has been tarnished. Which is leading to other problems in society.

Is the 'devil' ruling the world, because of all the 'evil' actions taken around the world? NO! You believe in mythology, then you believe in the so-called devil.

I deal only in reality. No stories please.

1. profile image0

He says women are evil, Cagsil. sad He says I'm evil

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I say screw loose. You not evil lol

16. profile image0

aaa yoshi... *hugs* not all women are that mean

17. Niteriter profile image60
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

Evil women are all bad. I'm Clyde looking for Bonnie who lies over the ocean.

18. Lisa HW profile image61

Yoshi wrote

"So, we can not make generalizations about women without making generalizations about men."

Apparently, we can.  (Go visit the "why are so many women fat" thread  lol)

Oh, don't lead me there Lisa ... I need me sleepz! smile

19. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

You have a long career of making people uncomfortable on public transportation ahead of you, sport.

20. profile image0

aaa thank you Cagsil...you are definitely a sweetheart

by the way LOVE the sunset pic you have up!

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. I wanted something different.

21. profile image0

Well it's perfect smile going to be changing mine soon and I think i know what pic I'm going to use big_smile

22. Lisa HW profile image61

I now pronounce these two devil-husband and devil-wife:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g235/flor_petunia_tulipan/funny%20cartoons/devilll.gifhttp://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g235/flor_petunia_tulipan/funny%20cartoons/devilll.gif

(I don't know what's wrong with me tonight.  hmm  I just can't stop myself.  I think I've just seen too many religious threads and have finally gone over the edge.  lol  )

1. ledefensetech profile image67

Sounds like you've seen too much crazy and are decompressing.  That's a good thing, keeping it all bottled up inside turns you into the OP after a while.

23. Lisa HW profile image61

ledefensetech, I think you're right - and it feels good to post dancing devils all over the devil threads.  lol  I'm actually actively seeking out the devil threads now.  hmm  Maybe I should go listen to some pretty music (or else go write some big, weird, diatribe, manifesto, thing to post some forum in the near future).   

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd2/jamesbgoode/DancingDevil.gif

I hate guys like that.  True Believers give true believers a bad name.

24. sa282h profile image59
    sa282hposted 14 years ago

I can assure you, every single one of you are going to experience the wrath of God. I have put truth before you again and again and as expected you mock it and laugh at it and accuse its messenger of mental sickness and self-righteousness. God is letting you have your hayday right now, giving you freedom to mock the truth, even convince yourself that you're right (the bible says God deceives people), so that in the end, when you die, there you are with all your 'more educated' arguments, completely usesless to you now, you realizing you have deceived yourself and God has even helped you, you now at the mercy of an omniscient phantom who you've called 'the invention of men and crazy people.'

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." (bible)

Nice to see you have a direct line to the Big Guy.  So tell me, what's He like?

25. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

They used to burn people who thought we lived in a satanic world. Check out the Cathars and others who believed in the Demiurge (a sort of Satan figure). It will make you grateful for the Enlightenment.

Having said that, the Cathars had a great excuse for bad behaviour. They thought that there was a finite store of badness that could be used up. So when they did terrible (or perhaps merely enjoyable but proscribed things) they were helping rid the world of evil.

Takes a while to get your head round this. Anyway the Catholics burnt them in numbers.

1. Jewels profile image82
      Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and I think the Catholics have been paying for that karmic debt ever since.  The Cathars rock!

26. Lisa HW profile image61

sa282h, I can't speak for others, but I'm not mocking you or God.  Many people believe that God likes laughter and music and people being friends with other people.  Your posts are all about how evil the world and people are; and many people who very much believe in God believe He created a world where kindness, friendship, love, seeking the truth (not "assembling" it for oneself), and even laughing and joking around bring something nice (not evil) to others.

To be honest, with all the posts you have that tell everyone your beliefs about God, I actually thought you may just be someone who wanted to get everyone going.  Sometimes when people on forums think someone else just wants to get a "thing" going they get silly instead of taking what they think is "bait" for a religious argument.  Everyone has a right to his different beliefs, and you have your right to yours.  It's just that many people think if you just wanted to share your beliefs you would write Hubs, rather than on the forum.  In any case, the world is full of people who very much believe in God, try to do what they think is right, but have different beliefs from you when it comes to what their own faith believes is "right".

When the "nice, kind, friendly, positive" people 'positively' reject the doctrines of the bible, uniting in love and friendship against scripture (the things I teach), this friendship is to be avoided: "know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whoseover shall be a friend of the world is the enemy of God" (bible). This is where the entire church has gone wrong.

They are swanking it with their wife, using church as a social club and using the bible to justify it, caring not for the truth of scripture.

And you know the absolute truth, while generations of theologians, whose writing in some cases span centuries have gotten it wrong?

"Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment." (bible)

That one also goes out to Rick Marlow.

You should take you own words to heart.  The Bible is not the end all and be all when it comes to knowledge of God.  In many ways it's used as a crutch by people who'd rather think they're right instead of working at being right.

How can you ever be sure you are right with your own research? If an omniscient phantom controls every atom of this reality, and knows how to author works against the literalness of scripture to deceive sinners, how in the world can you be sure you've discovered truth? I think fear of God is the wisest route and covers your bases. It's better to fear him and believe the book talking about him.

"the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."

2. Bovine Currency profile image59

Bang on brother.  Threw out my blankie years ago.

2. sa282h profile image59

"Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment." (bible)

That one also goes out to Rick Marlow.

2. CMHypno profile image82
        CMHypnoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that I'll stick with being friends with the nice, kind positive people and enjoy my life.

I don't like the sound of your god - nasty piece of work according to you

It must be very lonely and angry in your world.   Why don't you chill out, relax, enjoy the sunshine and show some gratitude and appreciation for this beautiful planet that we are living on and all of the wonderful people, animals and plants that are on it?  If you go looking for dark and bad, you will find it!

3. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A lot of people aren't rejecting the doctrine of The Bible.  They just don't believe your interpretation (or whose-ever interpretation it is  you're posting) matches what they, in their own religion, believe. They would say that YOU are rejecting doctrines of The Bible (as they've learned it).  And, yes, there are people who don't believe in interpreting The Bible literally. 

What religion are you, anyway?  Are your beliefs taught by your religion, or are they something you've come up with on your own?

Anyone who uses the "it's just your interpretation" card deserves for someone else to say the same thing to them, which boils down to: the bible has nothing to say at all!

Convenient stance you take. So yes, you, and they, ARE rejecting the bible.

27. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

Seriously though, you should see a doctor.

28. Lisa HW profile image61

So you're not going to answer the question about what religion it is you belong to/what religion taught you the things you believe - or whether you have come up with your interpretation of The Bible on your own?

Either you have received religious teaching from one or more religions, or you haven't.  Most people are happy to share with others what religion it is they belong to.

My beliefs come straight from my own reading of scripture, not from a minister or church or religion. I've forsaken the churches as they are part of the world. It's just me and a Book, accusations of undereducated leanings and insanity. Dare to join?

You'd wish you had when you encounter the fear of God.

1. Bovine Currency profile image59

No, seriously.  You are joking right?  If not, and I say this sincerely, see a doctor.

29. Lisa HW profile image61

Fair enough.  My religious upbringing was in the Catholic Church, although my mother's religion was in the Protestant, Congregational Church.  In many ways, what is taught in both those religions is the same; although, of course, there are differences.

Based on what these religions and others teach, I do think there's at least the chance that you may have misinterpreted some of what you've read in The Bible, and I wonder if you might benefit from going over some of your interpretations with a member or two of the clergy (in offline life - not on here  smile ), and getting a reading on how they interpret the different parts of The Bible.  Your interpretation is very different from that of most religions, so I think it could make some sense to consider the possibility that you are the one who has misinterpreted a thing here or there.  Questioning and considering others' views is never a bad thing.  Oh well, in any case, you have a right to the beliefs you have formulated on your own.

If I had the slighest doubt that I was wrong, then considering others "interpretations" would be a wise path. Unfortunately since I have read the entire old and new testament on my own and believed what was found there, as it is written, and it didn't line up with what was promoted by MOST people, then I've concluded that MOST people are in the wrong especially since the bible repeatedly states that the endtime church will not endure sound doctrine. Just because it is "more widely accepted by godly men" doesn't mean it is sound doctrine: "for that which is HIGHLY ESTEEMED among men is abomination in the sight of God." (bible), and, "Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment." (bible)

30. Bovine Currency profile image59
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

The bible is a book.  Bible translates to book.  OK, got that.  Books are made by people.  People wrote the bible.  Please tell me this makes sense.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years ago

If you have read the bible and are assured that you correctly understood the literal reading, I have no doubt in my mind that you are unwell. Get away from religion and see a psychotherapist.
      You may be megalomanic.

Weak cop-out. Try that one on judgment day and see where it lands you.

2. Lisa HW profile image61

""Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment."

It's true that great men aren't always wise and that the aged don't always understand judgment, but that doesn't mean great mean are NEVER wise.  Neither does it mean that the aged NEVER understand judgment.

In other words, sometimes it's not a bad idea to consider the ideas of "great men" that ARE wise or the ideas of the aged who just may understand judgment.  Some people say it was "great men" who wrote The Bible.  How sure you can you be that what those "great men" wrote was, in fact, wise?

Oh well, I'm exiting from this debate at this point.  You have a right to your beliefs.  I do think, though, you should keep in mind that even if The Bible is the "the word of God" it was written in a time when language/phrases meant something different than we've come to know them.  Something like "be a friend to" could have meant "choosing over" rather than what we think of today as "being a friend" (going out and hanging out, talking, laughing, etc.)  Anyway, I'm through with the discussion.  I imagine there may be a few "friends" on here who'll say a little prayer that the truth finds it way to whoever needs it.

3. Bovine Currency profile image59
      Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

This hub does not rub me the right way, I am not sure there is a right or wrong repsonse.

To the originator of this hub, have a look at my profile if you so wish and I would gladly hold a conversation with you on your interpretations.  I can related to some of what you are saying but I do not believe that we are run by gods or the devil.  I have studied the bible rather thoroughly and usually find that those whom claim to be Christian and glorify their faith and spread the word as if were gospel, those people do not know the bible all that well.  What those people know, these supposed Christian so firm in their faith, they know doctrine, they know concordance and tradition and rules and so on.  Me, I believe the books of religion to be of some weight but I interpret the information within those books with the other information I have at my disposal and I weight all this up against my experience.  It is my belief that yes, evil is very real and yes, the powers that be often manipulate the books to facilitate their evil desires.  However, this does not induce guilt upon as all.  Christ is not my saviour.  The Christ is read about in the bible is a man who was sick of the evils and he took it upon himself with the ultimate sacrifice, to his death, Jesus Christ, the man, stood up against the guardians of corruption.  The bible quotes Christ as a man of many objections, to the tax collectors and the pharisees, these are your evil doers, these are the same people holding a good chunk of power in our world today.  But, as Christ said and others, for instance, the existentialists, Albert Camus, Neitzche and so forth, sin is not a sin against God, I recall a phrase in the new testament in Peter I believe and Job in the old book is particularly relevant, God does not care for your sacrifices, he cannot be harmed by you, it is you who is to worry.  Free yourself of guilt not in conversation with God through prayer or confession or worship, do what is right, what you know is right.  You do not need to actively, literally 'talk' to God.  If you feel guilt, you fix it, you right your wrongs and a good deal of the time you can not do much at all to help others, the world is a big place.  Hell is a prison within your own consciousness, heaven is an ideal of righteousness, do what is right and you all know this without any need to look at any book.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)