The Breastplate part 2

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Willbeblessed profile image61
    Willbeblessedposted 14 years ago

In part one of this topic we talked about the person who filled the office of the high priest was not self appointed but chosen. we also in brief discussed the work of Christ as our Heavenly High Priest whose work was shadowed by the earthly priesthood and sanctuary, of which we will revisit numerous times throughout our study.  Our first segment concluded on the point that the war in Heaven and now on earth was waged over this very point, concerning Christ as the only High Priest, or Chosen as the place from or through whom God the Father spoke. In this segment I want to investigate the answer to the question raised in our last study. What were the qualifications required to hold this office, and when was Aaron/Christ called to this office?  Before we embark upon our study permit me to lay some ground work that I believe will be vital if we are to understand the word of God, for "His ways are Higher than our ways, and His thoughts Higher than our thoughts", so then, we must think His thoughts after Him.  Romans 1:29 say's "That which may be known of God is manafest in them, for God has shown it unto them, for the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are cleary seen, being understood by the the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse". Allow me to paraphrase this thought in this way; Every artist is known by their work and that work always describes and defines something, (not everything) about the mind and thoghts of the artist. With that in mind, God is the master artist, and the universe is His canvas and all that He creates and the manner in which He does it, has meaning and purpose, for nothing of God is done by chance. If you don't agree with this, it is because you believe in evolution, or you have accepted  some "false science" that has wrapped it's tentacles around some truth masquerading itself off as truth. Man is the masterpiece of the creation of God, and Paul say's first, "That that which may be known of God is manifest in them", and MAN is the THEM! referred to in this text. The Lord goes on to say that the creation is such a clear revelation of Himself that "they are without excuse"  With this being said let's look at a revelation of God manifested in the Livitical Priesthood, paticularly the exalted office of the High Priest.

Requirements:   
                      1. You had to be a Son Of Levi.
                      2. You had to be the first born
                      3. You had to be without blemish 
                      4. You had to be Annointed

The Shadow: Aaron, (Son of Levi)

Point #1. Exodus 4:14 "Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother?"
    Point #2. Exodus 6:20 "And Amram took him Jochebed his father's sister to wife; and she bare him Aaron and Moses", Num. 26:59 "and she bare unto Amram Aaron and Moses, and Miriam their sister".
    Point #3. Lev. 21:16-24 "Speak unto Aaron, saying whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God", verse 18, "a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, or a man that is brokenfooted, or crookback, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabed, or hath his stones broken"
    Point #4. Exodus 28:41 "And thou shalt put them upon Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him; and shalt anoint them, and consecrate them, and sanctify them, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office." Chap. 29:7 "Then shalt thou take the anointing oil, and pour it upon his head, and anoint him."

The Substance: Yeshua, (Son of God)

Point #1. John 3:16 "He gave His only begotten Son"
    Point #2. Col. 1:15,18 "The firstborn of every creature",
    "the firstborn from the dead"
    Point #3. John 19:31-36 verse 33,"But when they came to Jesus and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs: verse 36, "For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken."
    Point #4. Daniel 9:24 "Seventy weeks are determined upon they people and upon thy holy city.....,and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to ANNOINT the Most Holy". Acts 2:16,32-33 "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh:", "This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear".

Now, let's briefly look at the question, When was Aaron/Christ called to this office? 

Aaron:
    In Exodus 4:14-17 "And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do.  And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God."  Aaron here is already being called to function in the capacity of a meadiator before he was officially called into the office of the High Priest.  Hebrews 7:9-10 "And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.  For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him."  These accounts show that Levi was called by God before he was born, and Aaron a son of Levi was in the loins of Abraham as was his father; The word say's that God knows and called us before we were formed in the womb.

Yeshua:
    Hebrews 7:28 "For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore." Verse 15-17 "And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life. For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec." John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him." These verses give way to the truth that Jesus has been the High Priest since the law was in existence, by the word of an Oath before all things. Christ said that he is in the bosom of the Father, which symbolizes the seat of "thought and emotions", thus Christ is saying that his call and purpose was always in the heart and mind of the Father.

This same Jesus who cast the shadow, humbled himself, came from heaven and walked in his own shadow, confirming that the shadow was from God. This shadow was not just because of sin, but primarily because of His presence in the Most Holy Place mediating between God and Man. "MAN" meaning ALL created beings, for He IS THE BREASTPLATE.  Next, War in Heaven

2. profile image0
    Jawa Lunkposted 14 years ago

I may be misunderstanding your post...are you stating that Aaron is Christ, or that Aaron performed the duties of the High Priest foreshadowing the office for when Christ came?

Thanks.

1. Willbeblessed profile image61
      Willbeblessedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your question, No Aaron is not Christ, he only performend the duties of the High Priest foreshadowing the work of Christ. His earthly work was the looking glass into heaven whereby we may see and understand the work of Christ since his ascension.

1. profile image0
        Jawa Lunkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great, thanks for clearing that up!

Nice hub!

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

*yawn*

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're not gonna join in?

I am shocked!

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Naw I'm done with religious thumpers..they annoy me and don't give a rat's arse what others think so why fight with them?

4. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

I thought this might be about boobs, the good kind of boobs!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!

5. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Lets talk about Boobs

6. Evolution Guy profile image58
    Evolution Guyposted 14 years ago

Gawd!

Yet another f******* religionist....

End times a comin.......

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/6149/original/boobs.jpg?1248645088

7. profile image0

lol A Texan and Evolution Guy...what a way to hijack a thread. and those look fake lol

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fake, real, big,small I love them all!

8. profile image0

A Texan! *slaps* Stop staring at mine lol

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope! Ain;t gonna do it!

9. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://3harpiesltd.net/images/tits.jpg

My Breast Plate

10. profile image0

LMAO that is so wrong Ron. but I like it

and dang it A Texan..eyes off lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)