First Earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (48 posts)
  1. nekros729 profile image60
    nekros729posted 14 years ago

Yay! I got my first earnings. Well, it's actually only 67 cents , but it's still exiting for me. Just thought I'd let you know.

1. neysajasper profile image60
      neysajasperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thats cool .. congrats..

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yay, good job! smile

3. cblack profile image56
      cblackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!. I know I was just as excited when I saw my first few pennies drop in there.

4. profile image0
      directsaurabhposted 14 years agoin reply to this

congrats. It will certainly encourage you more.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image55
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

congrats

6. G Miah profile image78
      G Miahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Excellent news! Well done! I've been stuck on £3 since beginning of January, but it's very exciting to see some earnings from literally doing nothing! Apart from writing of course!

7. chinweike profile image60
      chinweikeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So happy for you. I love celebrating success.
      I made my first few cents after 4 days of joining this wonderful community.
      Congrats.

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Congrats.  That's really exciting!  It took me 21 days to see my first 9 cents.

1. lovelypaper profile image58
      lovelypaperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What are your earnings from? Adsense, amazon? Do you know how long it takes for your Kontera to start working?

3. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

That is huge.

You have now earned on the internet and you see its possible

Just keep working hard and you will see cents work their way into dollars.

Congrats and very good luck in the future

Cheers

Dale

4. wannabwestern profile image93
    wannabwesternposted 14 years ago

Congratulations. To many more 67 cent payments!

5. successfulblogger profile image59
    successfulbloggerposted 14 years ago

Congrats, it will come don't worry.

6. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I agree it is very exciting!!! Now you know you can make money on the internet. Just keep writing more hubs and learning more about what works to make you money. Pretty soon you'll be posting that you got your first google payout.

7. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Congratulations nekros!!!

I am sure this will motivate you to work even harder.

8. oderog profile image46
    oderogposted 14 years ago

The journey has just begin, keep it up and congrat

9. profile image49
    BadCompanyposted 14 years ago

No matter how small it's the start, so well done !

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years ago

great stuff!  Onward and upward! x

2. itcoll profile image61
      itcollposted 14 years ago

keep going.you will make more in the future.

3. ecogirl333 profile image58
      ecogirl333posted 14 years ago

Well done!  It gets better and better with time so keep on writing!

4. nekros729 profile image60

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

5. efeguy profile image40
      efeguyposted 14 years ago

more dollars to come not cents.

6. DogSiDaed profile image59
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years ago

I found out that I have 1 penny on Adsense in my first week XD How terrible tongue

Still, at least after a year I'll have over 50p! big_smile

7. nekros729 profile image60

Haha, that's sure to go up though. I can't imagine it staying at a penny a week.

8. Jenny30 profile image61
      Jenny30posted 14 years ago

awesome! Good for you!

9. lesterd2009 profile image60
      lesterd2009posted 14 years ago

Congrats Its always great when you earned your first dollar online

10. Casper021 profile image61
      Casper021posted 14 years ago

Congrats, it will come just work and don't give up

11. Ricky Covit profile image56
      Ricky Covitposted 14 years ago

Congrats keep it up..

I have been through that feeling and it feels wonderful. Wait till you get your first payout. The feeling will be much more wonderful..

12. RachelGB profile image60
      RachelGBposted 14 years ago

Very exciting!!

Congrats!!

13. RedElf profile image88
      RedElfposted 14 years ago

Congratulations - I'm sure those pennies will add up for you in no time at all! Good Luck and keep writing!

14. K Partin profile image61
      K Partinposted 14 years ago

Hey congrats! Happy for you! smile

15. englightenedsoul profile image59
      englightenedsoulposted 14 years ago

Congratulations

16. profile image58
      pinoyconnectionposted 14 years ago

3 months, 37 followers, 20 hubs, 2000 hub views after and i have only earned $3.92 with hubpages.

Only one week with www.webanswers.com, i earned $4.13

both websites offer revenue sharing with google adsense.

hubpages: you have to write articles, not easy at all

webanswers: you only have to create questions, or answer questions.

you can use the same adsense account that you have with hubpages.

maybe you can earn a lot from hubpages if you are able to figure out a way for a lot people to visit your hub click on your amazon hubs and buy, but if you only rely on google ads, i think it's a waste of time.

And if you enjoy writing and don't care about making money from what you write, then write on.

1. The Rope profile image60
        The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think Nelle H. might have a few issues with this. Might want to read some of her hubs, she's one of our biggest earners here and does quite well.

17. wrenfrost56 profile image55
      wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Way to go and heres to many more. smile

18. easyspeak profile image68
      easyspeakposted 14 years ago

congrats!  it's always great to have wins...you need a lot of wins to get to where you want to go.  but every mile stone should be celebrated.

keep going, don't get discouraged.  if you made 67 cents, than you can make $67.  if you can make that you can make $67,000.

19. Karina S. profile image60
      Karina S.posted 14 years ago

Congratulations! Keep writing!

20. profile image0
      troseposted 14 years ago

YAY!!  Very happy for you!  Keep up the good work! smile

21. videl05 profile image41
      videl05posted 14 years ago

Congrats! smile

That's one small step for adsense earning, one huge step for your ways to make money, or perhaps your ways to make a living. I strongly believe that passive income and multi stream income are the best way to creative independence and financial freedom.

22. akihan profile image68
      akihanposted 14 years ago

Congrats! 67 cents is a good start! I remember i started only with 11 cents.

23. nikipa profile image62
      nikipaposted 14 years ago

I know how it feels. I am new here as well. In the first day I earned 0.34 euro cents (I had already AdSence account before signing up to Hubpages). Nothing more till then but I am keep working... Miracles dont appear over night! We are paid only for our hard work and passion in what we do... Good luck to everyone!

24. Richieb799 profile image77
      Richieb799posted 14 years ago

I remember seeing my first 13p arrive 2months ago lol

25. Arren123 profile image60
      Arren123posted 14 years ago

Wicked, still waiting for mine, keep  up the good work and I'm sure you earn more

1. calicoaster profile image77
        calicoasterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats great... Even I got some cents..in past 5 days!! big_smile

26. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Cool!!!!!

27. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 14 years ago

Congrats and many good wishes for tons more $$$ to come wink

28. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years ago

Sweeeeeeeeet! Congrats!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)