Helping fellow hubbers

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)
  1. visitmaniac profile image60
    visitmaniacposted 14 years ago

So it has been some time since I have been on hub pages and I wanted to share with you how I get traffic to my hubs and build them up in SEO. I did not want to make a hub about this though instead just share it here.

As hubbers we all know search engine traffic is what we are all shotting for. Why? because search engine traffic is always there and with hub pages our pages can rank higher and faster for main keywords.

When creating a hub you need to first think about what is going to be your main keyword. In this example I am going to use wedding speeches as it has been my most successful niche to making money in the past 2 months. My main keyword I am targeting with my hub is "Wedding speeches"

My next step now is to visit Google and type in google keyword tool and click on the result. Google AdWords: Keyword Tool (You will need a adwords account which is easy to pick up at adwords.com)

From here I type in my main keyword "Weeding speeches" and click on Get keyword ideas. This will show me my keyword and other keywords that have to do with my target. Under match type click on Exact to give you better details and then click on Local Search Volume. This will order the page from highest searches to lowest.

Here is the point where I pick up my LSI keywords. These are VERY important as it helps you rank for your main keyword and your LSI keywords they all help each other out. LSI keywords are simply keywords that are like your main keyword. Go down the list and fine 5 to 10 like keywords that get good search traffic.

When creating your post make sure your main keyword is in your tile and your description. From here use your LSI keyword list and throw them into your article at least once.

From this point you need to build some backlinks. The fastest way and FREE way to do so I have found is a plugin for firefox called onlywire.com Once set up you can bookmark your hubs to over 20 of the top social bookmarking web sites.

Give it a weeks time and you will start seeing traffic flow from google, yahoo and the likes. There is more to this but this will give you a very good basic guideline to go by.

I have my own Ebook for a small charge on clickbank about SEO tactics if anyone is interested and also have access to some powerful software platforms that allow me to backlink my hubs on over 100 bookmarking web sites and also create a system called a linkwheel.

1. jimmythejock profile image83
      jimmythejockposted 14 years agoin reply to this

free information for a small charge what a spamming bargain lol.....jimmy

visitmaniacposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jimmy honestly now. My email account on here is not even tied to an valid email address I use why because I don't want to get nailed with spam. How in the world is this spam I provide no link. Grow up get your facts rights if you think this is spam then report it. But don't come in here and bash me you don't seem me coming into your post or hubs and bashing you.

2. Mrvoodoo profile image58
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://loonlake.bloggingspots.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/j0255359.jpg

Happy Fishing!

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

wow, great post! i usually only think about the one "main" keyword and forget all about "supporting" keywords. i see i have been shortchanging myself. thanks for this information! smile

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Thank you for sharing. I'm already familiar with keywords, but I found your post still valuable.

Nicely done. big_smile

4. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 14 years ago

This is complete bullplop you dont want to put your information into a hub why?
    simply because you want people to click on your profile, email you and then send you money for the ebook, nice try but at hubpages we can spot a spammer from miles away good luck.....jimmy

lol thats def not the case... Wow try to give away free information and people still have a prob with it. Its an option not a requirement.  I provide something of value and make a small mention of an ebook which I devoted alot of time into. Take it or not I don't care but this is the free information I am giving away. People take such offence

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

for what it's worth, visitmaniac, I didn't see this as spam, but merely as offering some helpful information, which was the case for me, anyway.

5. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Thanks for this post visitmaniac, I think learning how to use keywords is kinda fun really. I don't get the traffic I would like but I am getting better at it as time goes by! My first hubs did not make good use of keywords and I figure all the backlinking in the world isn't going to help with poorly chosen keywords (or not thought for them at all). Finding good relevant places to get backlinks is probably why I am not getting the traffic I had hoped for with some hubs but hey I could just be being impatient too! lol I do tend to get a bit impatient sometimes yikes

6. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 14 years ago

is this a hub post? this is a forum and i posted my opinion, you have 9 hubs in two years and every one of them points to a different website now you tell me is that not spam?.....jimmy

Well Jimmy thats a good question and I am glad you bring that up. No it is not spam why? because hub pages has never flagged my pages for spam. Get your facts right on whats spam and what is not. I am glad to hear you opinion and still do as I find it intriguing how you still find this spam. I'm off here for a bit so if you want to continue be my guest smile Take the information above for what its worth. Good day to you all

7. SandyMcCollum profile image65
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

Spamming or not, I got benefit out of his post. Thanks, Visitmaniac!

8. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I checked out onlywire.com and it costs 2.99 a month.

9. NewHorizons profile image80
    NewHorizonsposted 14 years ago

I visited this Forum to get some info on Internet Opportunities and I found some in Visitmaniac's post.  thanks a lot.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)