Will our children be grateful to us ?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

It is amazing (or maybe not) how the same story repeats itself everywhere.
    After all the speaches about "moralizing" economy, everything remains the same.
    With this Copenhague thing going down the drain and an economy that provokes social cleavages even wider, maybe we should fear the worse.
    Without falling into complete catastrophism, it is clear that life as our generation (born in the 50s) knew it will not be possible in an future that is not so far.
    I remember the time back in the 70s where you tried your corporation for a while. It was not the corporation that tried you. And if you were unsatisfied, you could have a job next day just across the street, with a better salary.

Do you think that WAR is absolutely necessary to reset the economy going on again ?
    Can we set that equation nowdays the same way our parents did ?
    Are we able to build a new social-economic model ?

Tell us how you feel about this.

1. MikeNV profile image68
      MikeNVposted 14 years agoin reply to this

None of it matters.  Our Economy is built on a house of cards.  Fractional Reserve Banking has reached it's debt load.

So it will crash.  We live in a World of great wealth for the few, and they have learned how to manipulate and control the masses to keep it this way.

Humans are not kind to each other. This has been proven through history.  There will always be a ruling class, and there will always be poverty.

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I think my children will be grateful to me. The rest is academic smile

1. profile image0
      zampanoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ummm... I cannot say you are not right.
      It is very natural that your children love you.
      We all love you.
      But the rest is far from being merely "academic".
      I'd say it's vital in the long term.
      Which is a bit short.

3. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL love ya, too smile

But I protest against being put into the same group with Pam Grundy or TK, so "us" does not make much sense to me. smile

1. profile image0

lol lol
      Us, parents.
      I think about that everyday before I go to the pub.

2. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Misha,

I'll agree with you on that point. That's for sure, I even discuss it in my new hub.

Will our children be grateful to us? I have no children, but society's children will be grateful for my work. To get to the underlying problem in America, is to directly look at the method for which things have come about and then take steps to change it, on a conscious collective effort from the citizens who are idlly sitting on the sidelines doing nothing.

The biggest problem in America is the lack of knowledge citizens have about their duties as citizens. The lack of self-responsibility of many citizens has diminished the overall health of society. As well as, the diminishing of civil rights and the freedom of choice.

Many citizens are completely unaware of many aspects of other people's plight or duress, and don't see pass their daily routine of their life. It's a sad day when in an election year, just about half of registered voters actually voted. If that isn't a clear signal to Congress that something has changed in society...then I don't know what is. But, there is much more work that needs to be done, before we come anywhere near to bettering things.

There are some, as I posted in my new hub, that want to RUN YOUR LIFE, regardless of what you think. How is that NOT an invasion of personal freedom of choice or your right to life?

Sorry, the "US" category, better be better defined. In America, the society is divided into many different groups and not many of them can see eye to eye on anything. Please, read my hub and you'll realize what I am talking about. It isn't self-promoting, but will show you what's happening and what I mean. smile

4. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey Misha,

The only part of my post for you was the absolute beginning, where I agreed with you. The rest of the post was for others. smile

1. profile image0

Well, Cagsil.
      When you have children there are some questions that arise which are non existant before.
      It's like some kind of an universal reponsability. What is left behind for them ?
      When you are a bachelor, you can only materialize these questions by analogy, in an abstract way, by observing other families (or your own, only it is too close for objective observation).
      And the problem focused here, does not only concern Massachussets, Cagsil.
      It concerns all fathers and mothers of the world. and everyone who will be father or mother.
      Cagsil, maybe if you don't make any children, you'll still be immortal by the work you will leave behind.
      But for many of us, whose intellect is not as brilliant as yours, we just have children.
      Sometimes we also leave good work behind.
      So, the question asked is, reformulated :
      What good work are we leaving behind ?
      Maybe all this is just a pain... but the question is pertinent.

5. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

In answer to your question about war. This isn't the 1950's. If there was a war, the american companies who build the weapons certainly would not use american factories to build them. They would have American companies down in mexico build the equipment and bring it across the border. Because it would be cheaper, unless it is some kind of top secret device that they don't want anyone to know about. then it would be built here.

The only thing that is going to revive our economy is to end outsourcing of Jobs, repeal The Nafta agreement, and forbid future agreements like it. And, get these cheap bastards who hightailed it out of the country so they can get richer, to come back and people back to work.

The idea of pumping up poor nations with our factories, with the idea that economies will even out has achieved nothing but a colapse of the markets.

Think about it if we brought every single factory job that was lost back to this country, and every single outsourced job, our economy would be booming! But, it's not going to happen, more than likely, companies will continue to leave and we will become one of the poorest nations on the planet.

6. goldenpath profile image66
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

No they will probably not be grateful.  We have allowed our governments greater control and that will cost the rising generations massive $$$$$ and precious liberties.

We'll be scorned.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)